1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 04:19
    Win-starved English football fans took to the street tonight in droves to celebrate a major upset over tiny Andorra. Many of the rain-swept Island's notorious hooligan fans felt that the Andorran side, representing a country with a total population matching that of Buckingham Palace, might prove too powerful for the hapless English footballers who have provided so many dissapointing international results of late.

But it was not to be Andorra's night and the English fans celebrated what must have seemed to many as their first real victory since the Falklands.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 04:451 edit
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Win-starved English football fans took to the street tonight in droves to celebrate a major upset over tiny Andorra. Many of the rain-swept Island's notorious hooligan fans felt that the Andorran side, representing a country with a total population matching that of Buckingham Palace, might prove too powerful for the hapless English footballers who have pr fans celebrated what must have seemed to many as their first real victory since the Falklands.
    Can't quite make out the target of your satire.

"England's relentless march [i.e. their seventh consecutive victory] towards the 2010 World Cup in South Africa has gathered almost unstoppable momentum after a stroll to victory against Andorra at Wembley. Fabio Capello's side have barely broken stride as England have carved their way ruthlessly through Group Six" BBC.

If England declined the fixture, it would be a 4-0 loss, home and away - or perhaps ejection from the tournament.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 13:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    Clearly it's the English fans.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 17:57
    Win-starved English football fans took to the street tonight in droves to celebrate a major upset over tiny Andorra. Many of the rain-swept Island's notorious hooligan fans felt that the Andorran side, representing a country with a total population matching that of Buckingham Palace, might prove too powerful for the hapless English footballers who have pr ...[text shortened]... ebrated what must have seemed to many as their first real victory since the Falklands.ooligans
    England fans took to the streets because the tube strike was on .
    The English football hooligans are all grand dads now ! and if it was,nt for English victories you would be speaking French my friend !!!!
    😀
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 15:03
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Clearly it's the English fans.
    Oh, it's the English fans. But not clearly.
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 15:24
    Originally posted by phil3000
    and if it was,nt for English victories you would be speaking French my friend !!!!
    😀[/b]
    ...ahem...German actually!
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 16:20
    Originally posted by FMF

[quote]"England's relentless march [i.e. their seventh consecutive victory] towards the 2010 World Cup in South Africa has gathered almost unstoppable momentum after a stroll to victory against Andorra at Wembley. Fabio Capello's side have barely broken stride as England have carved their way ruthlessly through ...[text shortened]... e fixture, it would be a 4-0 loss, home and away - or perhaps ejection from the tournament.
    Red Night is known for his inferiority complex towards the former colonizer.
  8. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 16:25
    Originally posted by blade68
    ...ahem...German actually!
    I think the way the joke goes is that you guys would be speaking German if it wasn't for us.

but, I think the real answer is that you would be speaking russian.
  9. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 19:02
    I think the way the joke goes is that you guys would be speaking German if it wasn't for us.

I think realistically speaking, knowing the English with foreign languages, we would still be attempting to speak German/Russian by shouting in English and gesticulating wildly until understood by said Johnny Foreigner.
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '09 07:27

Never mind , you will be speaking Spanish soon anyway 😏
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 20:21
    Win-starved English football fans took to the street tonight in droves to celebrate a major upset over tiny Andorra. Many of the rain-swept Island's notorious hooligan fans felt that the Andorran side, representing a country with a total population matching that of Buckingham Palace, might prove too powerful for the hapless English footballers who have pr ...[text shortened]... fans celebrated what must have seemed to many as their first real victory since the Falklands.
    Celebration riots after the Andorra win:
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/06/lakers-celebrations.html
  12. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 22:04
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Never mind , you will be speaking Spanish soon anyway 😏
    😀
  13. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 22:31
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Celebration riots after the Andorra win:
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/06/lakers-celebrations.html
    This victory over "mighty Andora" was a milestone event for the Englanders in their march towards "world cup glory"

Let's not belittle it.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 02:08
    Let's not belittle it.
    Let's just flog it, like every dead horse needs to be flogged.
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 16:41
    This victory over "mighty Andora" was a milestone event for the Englanders in their march towards "world cup glory"

Let's not belittle it.
    Well , as an English man the game was meaningless , when we do get to the world cup , we will probably finish in the quater finals [if we are lucky ] .
    Belittle it if you like because the over rated players we have will definetly not let you down !!! [ thats not a dig at you by the way 😉 ]
    I have watched England since the 1970 world cup in Mexico ,and every time the press buid England up so much we even start to believe we can win it !! Not me any more , if i live to be a real long age i can see the local papers head line ..." This man was actually alive when England won a world cup " [ the one in 1966] :'(:'(

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree