1. Santiago
    Moves
    17 May '08 23:52
    Portsmouth won. Congrats to them.

I thought I would mention the fact. You can be sure there would have been a thread if a big 4 team had been involved.

First half was quite entertaining, and competitive. Portsmouth were deserved winners.

Even the Argentine commentators on Latin American ESPN seemed to enjoy the game.

Nice advert for football outside Sky´s perceived world.
  2. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 May '08 09:52
    Originally posted by Hopster
    Portsmouth won. Congrats to them.

I thought I would mention the fact. You can be sure there would have been a thread if a big 4 team had been involved.

First half was quite entertaining, and competitive. Portsmouth were deserved winners.

Even the Argentine commentators on Latin American ESPN seemed to enjoy the game.

Nice advert for football outside Sky´s perceived world.
    Of course there would have been a thread had Liverpool or ManU been involved, and probably Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and erm .... Derby. Of course you will see this as some anti "real football" conspiracy, but the simple fact is that there are fans of the above teams who regularly post here and would have started a thread - as yet I've not seen any Pompey or Bluebirds fans on this forum.

I moved to Cardiff at the age of 2 and so consider them my 2nd team. I've probably been to 3-4 games a season since I moved back here a few years ago - so I guess this doesn't qualify me as a "real fan" given your 6 matches a season rule. Anyway, I was disappointed that City couldn't keep up the momentum (and advantage) they had in the first half, but I guess the premiership class and experience was going to tell sooner or later. Anyway, I was very happy with their performance and a big thank you to all the fans who behaved impeccably all day - especially given their's and the Pompey fans reputations.

As for telling us all how the game went - thanks, but as you can tell, I watched it. As, I suppose, did most of the regular footie posters on this board. I'm hoping you'll slip off that soap box of yours soon - maybe causing some kind of temporary paralysis of your typing fingers, to give us all a break from your self righteousness for a while.
  3. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    20 May '08 10:09
    Plus it was boring for a neutral.
  4. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 May '08 11:43
    it wasnt boring... if was f*****g boring
  5. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    20 May '08 12:48
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    it wasnt boring... if was f*****g boring
    lol

oh yeah

😀
  6. Joined
    11 May '07
    Moves
    20 May '08 13:44
    apart from last year it was probably the dullest ever
  7. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    20 May '08 14:30
    Originally posted by ace121
    agreed
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    20 May '08 17:56
    Hang on a minute...

1) 1996 - Manchester United v Liverpool? Hardly a classic if I remember correctly?

2) The Final that had Sunderland in (that memorable I can't even remember who they played now!).... and I don't mean the 'Monty' saves match from the 70's...

3) Most Finals Chelsea have appeared in.

Case closed your Honour.
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    20 May '08 21:22
    Originally posted by ace121
    The most boring ever i remember ARSENAL .V CHELSEA in 2002
  10. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    21 May '08 00:14
    Fifty years old, thirty odd out of UK and it still makes me cringe to even think of Pomps in the prems and Saints at the bottom of the coke.. Footy roots stick tight Dirty Harry will never get a smile in so'ton.
    I think I must be pompifile... I just want to abuse pomps.

😵
  11. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    21 May '08 05:58
    apart from Liverpooh v west ham a couple of years ago there hasn't been a good final for 17 years-spurs v forest.

although '94 wasn't bad!
  12. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 May '08 08:15
    Originally posted by Virtue76
    apart from Liverpooh v west ham a couple of years ago there hasn't been a good final for 17 years-spurs v forest.

although '94 wasn't bad!
    2001 (Arsenal 1 LFC 2) wasn't bad either, otherwise I'd have to agree.

Shame really, as '91 backwards there were some great finals. ManU v Palace, Liverpool v Everton (twice), Spurs v Coventry, ManU v Brighton all stick out in my mind.

No mention of '88 please - I had tears running down my cheeks all the way home from Wembley!
  13. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    21 May '08 14:25
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    2001 (Arsenal 1 LFC 2) wasn't bad either, otherwise I'd have to agree.

Shame really, as '91 backwards there were some great finals. ManU v Palace, Liverpool v Everton (twice), Spurs v Coventry, ManU v Brighton all stick out in my mind.

No mention of '88 please - I had tears running down my cheeks all the way home from Wembley!
    2001 was a great last few minutes, '88 was boring, regardless of the amazing result.
  14. 6yd box
    Moves
    21 May '08 16:47
    Originally posted by Virtue76

although '94 wasn't bad!
    YEAH the second half of the Liverpool/ WHU was a good final..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree