1. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '08 21:201 edit
    Don't let the facts get in the way, but fox sports and espn have the Yankees as #1, the Mets as #2, the Tigers are #3 in 2008 salary. If the season ended today none of those teams would finish first or second, two are below .500 including the Tigers who are dead last. The two worst teams in the AL are in the top in baseball in Salary. Of the bottom eight teams in payroll Marlins last, Oakland 3rd to last, Mnnesota 7th to last and Arizona are four of the six teams who would make the playoffs. This does not include the 2nd to last team in payroll Tampa Bay which is half a game out of first place. It is ridiculous how well teams that are spending virtually nothing are doing. You'd think I would stop hearing it from the small market crybabies for a while.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '08 21:233 edits
    Originally posted by uzless
    We're not talking about the world series.

Try looking at which teams made the PLAYOFFS and then look at their salary.

NEW YORK 1
    BOSTON 2

I'll leave the rest for you to fill in.
    3 of the lowest 8 payrolls made it into the playoffs; Colorado (which went to the World Series), Cleveland (which beat the Yankees) and Arizona. Explain that. The Mets were 3rd in payroll; they didn't make the playoffs. The White Sox were 5th; they lost 90 games. The Dodgers and Mariners were 6th and 7th respectively; neither made the playoffs.

So basically all you're screaming about is the Yankees and Red Sox making the playoffs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree