Originally posted by Palynka
    Is Larry Bird still playing?
    Funny Stuff!
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 13:19
    The Celtic bench comes up big in the 4th Quarter and the boys from Boston tie up the series. It's been quite a war so far though the lack of games decided in the last seconds makes it lack a little bit of the drama that would make it a great series. Game 5 is, of course, critical; it's hard, though not impossible, to think that the Celtics could win the last two in LA if they lose tomorrow night, while a Boston win would really put the Lakers behind the 8-ball given the excellence of the Celtic road record.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 14:39
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Celtic bench comes up big in the 4th Quarter and the boys from Boston tie up the series. It's been quite a war so far though the lack of games decided in the last seconds makes it lack a little bit of the drama that would make it a great series. Game 5 is, of course, critical; it's hard, though not impossible, to think that the Celtics could win the ...[text shortened]... would really put the Lakers behind the 8-ball given the excellence of the Celtic road record.
    I think, given the older Celtics have had a few days to rest and gameplan, they will take care of business in game five. Lakers did not want to enter game five knotted up. Best of three with first game away is going to be a pressure cooker for the Lakers! Indeed must win for Lakers and not the Celtics, although game five winners tend to win series about 6 out of 10 chances or something like that.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 03:55
    Celtics took care of bidness indeed! I say this series is done! Must win game sixes at home are frequently a dud for the team behind 3-2! That's why game five winners win so much more often!
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 20:09
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Celtics took care of bidness indeed! I say this series is done! Must win game sixes at home are frequently a dud for the team behind 3-2! That's why game five winners win so much more often!
    A sweet win; looks like the rest of the Lakers took the game off to watch Kobe shoot. He made some incredible shots against pretty good defense, but only one other player in double figures (Gasol) and he didn't make it until late in the 4th.

The Lakers are quite capable of winning two in a row at home. I kinda think this game is the Celtics' big chance; they have the Lakers down psychologically. IF the Lakers can win game 6, however, the momentum favors them in a Game 7 at Staples.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 21:30
    A sweet win; looks like the rest of the Lakers took the game off to watch Kobe shoot. He made some incredible shots against pretty good defense, but only one other player in double figures (Gasol) and he didn't make it until late in the 4th.

The Lakers are quite capable of winning two in a row at home. I kinda think this game is the Cel ...[text shortened]... cally. IF the Lakers can win game 6, however, the momentum favors them in a Game 7 at Staples.
    Lat eight series returning home down 3-2 have gone to the visitor 6 for 8. Indeed Celtics must seize the day and take care of bidness! Carpe dium, I say! Lakers down. ONe more and out! Celtics must take a page off the Blackhawk's playbook and come out swinging!
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 13:54
    Very ugly loss; similar to Game 1 but the Celtic offense was even worse. Perkins may miss Game 7; that hurts a bit but the C's won game 6 essentially without him in 2008. It's the same story; the Celtics have to rebound better and hit more shots and their bench must go back to outperforming the Lakers' bench.

The Lakers will be favored and deserve to be, but somehow I can't help thinking that Boston will pull off the upset. Wouldn't bet the mortgage on it though.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 15:17
    Very ugly loss; similar to Game 1 but the Celtic offense was even worse. Perkins may miss Game 7; that hurts a bit but the C's won game 6 essentially without him in 2008. It's the same story; the Celtics have to rebound better and hit more shots and their bench must go back to outperforming the Lakers' bench.

The Lakers will be favored and ...[text shortened]... help thinking that Boston will pull off the upset. Wouldn't bet the mortgage on it though.
    The Celtics can win if someone like Allen or Rondo gets unconscious and starts hitting everything in sight from the outside. Otherwise they're toast. With no Perkins and a weakened Garnett, they're not going to have much of an inside game.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 15:44
    Originally posted by sh76
    The Celtics can win if someone like Allen or Rondo gets unconscious and starts hitting everything in sight from the outside. Otherwise they're toast. With no Perkins and a weakened Garnett, they're not going to have much of an inside game.
    In Game 5, Perkins scored only 4 points but the Celtics outscored the Lakers 46-32 in the paint. So I don't think your point is particularly valid.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 23:59

The Lakers will be favored and ...[text shortened]... help thinking that Boston will pull off the upset. Wouldn't bet the mortgage on it though.
    It's looking ugly for the Celtics. Lakers smell blood and likely will win. I still will root for the Celtics, however. Indeed Perkins figured very little in game five. Lakers may be overconfident. Beating them at home would be sooo sweet!
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 04:47
    It was not to be. Celtics can hold their heads up high, but also realize they let one get away!
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 14:47
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    It was not to be. Celtics can hold their heads up high, but also realize they let one get away!
    Ug, it was a good game.

My father records the games, and won't watch if they lose. That's lame. I was up watching late with hopes, but after the 3 point runs on both sides it was down to 1 minute of so and commercials came on. I woke up at 3 am with the tv still on.

Shut it off, and sports center summed it up in seconds.

Showing Celtic players frustrated, and Laker players draining the ball. I knew they lost anyway at commercial when I crashed out.

Oh well, every game has a loser.

P-
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 15:10
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Ug, it was a good game.

My father records the games, and won't watch if they lose. That's lame. I was up watching late with hopes, but after the 3 point runs on both sides it was down to 1 minute of so and commercials came on. I woke up at 3 am with the tv still on.

Shut it off, and sports center summed it up in seconds.

Showing Celtic players ...[text shortened]... w they lost anyway at commercial when I crashed out.

Oh well, every game has a loser.

P-
    Good finals indeed and entertaiing game seven. Too bad for Boston. Lakers earned it and deserve to be applauded, like them or not.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 16:021 edit
    Hit a few more shots, grab a few more boards and the Celtics are champs, but it wasn't to be. 79 points isn't going to do it.

Thought Gasol deserved the MVP; his improved play from two years ago was the big difference and Kobe shot pretty poorly the whole series.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree