1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 20:41
    Without Kevin Garnett and their starting center Kendrick Perkins, the Celts knock off the Spurs 98-90. That leaves them 39-9 including 16-0 against the supposedly more powerful West. Not only that, but they've now beaten both the Mavs and Spurs without KG! And they've even had to play Brian Scalabrine!

I'm starting to believe they might just win the whole thing though there's a lot of season left to play.
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 03:01
    Watch out for Lakers, they did a really stunning trade getting rid of Kwame Brown and Critterton for Gasol, I guess that if Lakers didn't that trade the Suns would never picked up Shaq.
    Phoenix felt they must react to that reinforcement so they frantically gave up Marion and Banks for an ailing and slowish O'Neal........

The Spurs however are not going to reach finals until they overcome their sloppy record away from home.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 14:21
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Without Kevin Garnett and their starting center Kendrick Perkins, the Celts knock off the Spurs 98-90. That leaves them 39-9 including 16-0 against the supposedly more powerful West. Not only that, but they've now beaten both the Mavs and Spurs without KG! And they've even had to play Brian Scalabrine!

I'm starting to believe they might just win the whole thing though there's a lot of season left to play.
    First time in ELEVEN years they beat Spurs on the road. I can't believe how well they've done against the West.

When the season started I told another RHP user I might watch them, have not watched since the days of Larry. I just have not found the times and station to watch the Celtics... but if I want to jump this bandwagon I better get on it.

P-
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Big deal. Without Parker, the Spurs are not even in the top echelon of teams in the West. Right now, that's the Hornets, Jazz, Lakers, Suns and Mavericks.

See what the Raptors do to the Spurs tonight and what LeBron does to them on Wednesday.

The Celtics are looking good but you show your lack of basketball knowledge and do major disrespect to the Pistons by crowning them (even as East champions) this early.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 15:02
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    have not watched since the days of Larry...
    Wagon-Jumper.

Worst type of fan.

You make me sick.

They should move the Bruins to Nova Scotia.
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 15:18
    Originally posted by darvlay
    The Celtics are looking good but you show your lack of basketball knowledge and do major disrespect to the Pistons by crowning them (even as East champions) this early.
    "I'm starting to believe they might just win the whole thing though there's a lot of season left to play."

Reading comprehension much? You would characterize the above statement by No1 as crowning the Celtics?

But that aside I agree with you that its too early and the Pistons are a major factor. It does appear that it will be the Celtics and Pistons in the East Conf. finals assuming Garnett comes back healthy.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 15:30
    Originally posted by Ullr
    "I'm starting to believe they might just win the whole thing though there's a lot of season left to play."

Reading comprehension much? You would characterize the above statement by No1 as crowning the Celtics?
    😞

Kindly retracted with apologies to No1.
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 16:34
    😞

Kindly retracted with apologies to No1.
    Good man.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 18:44
    Wagon-Jumper.

Worst type of fan.

You make me sick.

They should move the Bruins to Nova Scotia.
    Hey now, I decided I might watch before they even played the first game.

Hardly wagon jumping.

You will NOT see me in a Celts hat or shirt... but I do plan to watch a game at some point this season.

P-
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 20:461 edit
    Big deal. Without Parker, the Spurs are not even in the top echelon of teams in the West. Right now, that's the Hornets, Jazz, Lakers, Suns and Mavericks.

See what the Raptors do to the Spurs tonight and what LeBron does to them on Wednesday.

The Spurs had won 4 straight on the road without Parker including a victory in Phoenix. Plus the Celts also beat the Mavs without KG. With KG they blew out the Lakers twice (admittedly pre-Gasol) and beat the Jazz in Salt Lake City.

Haven't anointed them yet; their two games with the Pistons this year had great playoff intensity already.
  11. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 06:18
    I've been to 2 home games this year and the Spurs's aren't playing up to their standards. Parker seems to have his mind on what is between Longorias legs (who can blame him). Kind of like Tiger Woods when he first got married. His game sucked also. Now he is playing like a man on a mission.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 13:32

Darvlay: See what the Raptors do to the Spurs tonight

I saw.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 11:241 edit
    The Celts have had a rough Western swing. After winning their first 16 against Western Conference squads, they lost close games in Denver and Golden State (a last second winner by Baron Davis) and got manhandled a bit by the Suns. They came back last night from a 16 point early deficit to win in Portland, though. A game they should win against the Clips tonight and they salvage a not good, but non-disasterous 2-3 road trip.

Garnett has not looked very good since coming back; he's shooting only 40% and averaging only 12.5 PPG. He still looks hurt.

Meantime, the Pistons certainly made a statement by crushing the Suns in Phoenix. I guess they'd now be considered the Eastern favorites, but there's still a 1/3 of the season to go. It will be interesting to see what the Cavs do down the stretch; I never recall a contender overhauling over half its lineup AFTER All-Star break before.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 14:17
    Raps in the East: Book it. Get out the salami and cheese. Ring it up from Downtown Oakville. Onions baby Onions.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 14:451 edit
    Shhhhhh!!!! Best kept secret in the NBA. Who is the hottest team in the land with the longest win streak???? Yup, the Houston Rockets. They are putting it all together finally. Yao destroys every big man in the league. T-Mac is getting the touch. Alston is bombing from the outside. Sciola & Landry are the young guns to watch for. Shane Battier just plays D against the best the other team can throw at them. But, don't tell anyone. They are currently the 7th seed in the West, 3 games out of the #1 seed. Go figure, huh!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree