1. Los Angeles
    Moves
    26 Feb '08 07:59
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Shhhhhh!!!! Best kept secret in the NBA. Who is the hottest team in the land with the longest win streak???? Yup, the Houston Rockets. They are putting it all together finally. Yao destroys every big man in the league. T-Mac is getting the touch. Alston is bombing from the outside. Sciola & Landry are the young guns to watch for. Shane Battier just play ...[text shortened]... one. They are currently the 7th seed in the West, 3 games out of the #1 seed. Go figure, huh!!!
    The Lakers will destroy them.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Feb '08 15:26
    As predicted the Celts ended the road trip with a win over the Clips; by a whopping 104-76.

A home stand follows starting with a big game with the Cavs on Wednesday and including a showdown with the Pistons next Wednesday. We'll see who's looking the best in the East after these clashes.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 01:011 edit
    Originally posted by inthegreenroom
    The Lakers will destroy them.
    I would have taken a lot of your money before today's news that Yao Ming is out for the year. Laker fans can exhale now.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 02:11
    I would have taken a lot of your money before today's news that Yao Ming is out for the year. Laker fans can exhale now.
    OUCH!!!!
  5. Joined
    25 Nov '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 12:364 edits
    I would be very surprised if the Celtics can make it out of terrible eastern conference. I really hope the Pistons don't get screwed this year. Its funny how the eastern conference is an easy ticket to the championship.
    Los Angeles Lakers are looking sharp, focused, and strong finishers. They have way too much young talent for one team. The suns, also have potential. Acquiring ONeal was a very smart move, i just wish they had done it earlier. Spurs are running out of gas. Jazz are doing well, haven't really seen them play too much. Whereas the Hornets are continuing to acquire good players. However the gameplay of the hornets still seem very doubtful to me. Rockets are done.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 15:02
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Without Kevin Garnett and their starting center Kendrick Perkins, the Celts knock off the Spurs 98-90. That leaves them 39-9 including 16-0 against the supposedly more powerful West. Not only that, but they've now beaten both the Mavs and Spurs without KG! And they've even had to play Brian Scalabrine!

I'm starting to believe they might just win the whole thing though there's a lot of season left to play.
    Damn. For a second I thought this was about the Celtics.

Well, professional sports teams are mercenaries anyway. The Celtics care no more for L.A than do the Lakers, Dodgers, or Raiders.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 15:23
    Huge blow not only to the Rockets but perhaps the Chinese National team competing for Gold in Beijing this summer.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 15:57
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Huge blow not only to the Rockets but perhaps the Chinese National team competing for Gold in Beijing this summer.
    The Rockets team doctor doesn't expect him to miss the Olympics.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7843298/Yao-out-for-season-with-stress-fracture
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 16:41
    The Rockets team doctor doesn't expect him to miss the Olympics.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7843298/Yao-out-for-season-with-stress-fracture
    Good news for Yao and the glorious People's Republic of China.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 16:47
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Good news for Yao and the glorious People's Republic of China.
    Commie lover.
  11. Standard memberTraderious
    Sith Lord
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 19:41
    Spurs vs. Celtics in the Finals... write it down.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 14:00
    Celts win a big one over the Cavs, 92-87, although the game wasn't as close as the final. The Cavs looked disorganized; I still question flipping over half your roster in the middle of a season when you're the defending conference champ.
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 20:37
    Celts win a big one over the Cavs, 92-87, although the game wasn't as close as the final. The Cavs looked disorganized; I still question flipping over half your roster in the middle of a season when you're the defending conference champ.
    I think a lot of contenders felt like they had to do something now that LA has Gasol. The funny thing about that one is that the Lakers didn't have to give up anything for Gasol while other teams are giving up key pieces for has beens like Shaq lmao. I think the best trade besides the Laker/Gasol trade and the Celtic/KG trade earlier has to be the Spurs/Thomas trade. All they did was give up another shooter for a third and very respectable big man. I am really looking forward to a Lakers/Spurs series this year in the playoffs. Bynum/Gasol/Odom vs. Duncan/Oberto/Thomas and Kobe/Fish/Farmar vs. Manu/Parker/Stoudamire.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 20:58
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    I think a lot of contenders felt like they had to do something now that LA has Gasol. The funny thing about that one is that the Lakers didn't have to give up anything for Gasol while other teams are giving up key pieces for has beens like Shaq lmao. I think the best trade besides the Laker/Gasol trade and the Celtic/KG trade earlier has to be the Spu ...[text shortened]... fs. Bynum/Gasol/Odom vs. Duncan/Oberto/Thomas and Kobe/Fish/Farmar vs. Manu/Parker/Stoudamire.
    I'm not criticizing the Cavs for making a move, but everybody else is adding a piece or two at this point whereas they changed their roster around radically. It's seems panicky plus how can you expect the parts to mesh around LeBron in 1/3 of a year?
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 21:09
    I'm not criticizing the Cavs for making a move, but everybody else is adding a piece or two at this point whereas they changed their roster around radically. It's seems panicky plus how can you expect the parts to mesh around LeBron in 1/3 of a year?
    because its Lebron. All the new guys need to do is spot up and shoot the ball whenever Lebron passes it to them. And Ben just needs to play defense and rebound the ball since thats all he is really good at. I think it was a decent trade, I mean Larry Hughes was very inconsistent and wasn't a good compliment to Lebron. I liked Gooden, but to get two shooters and another defender for him is pretty good. I don't think this trade will get the Cavs to the NBA Finals, but they definitely upgraded their team by making this trade.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree