1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 21:12
    i argree with no1 that the Cav sort of changed their whole roster while some teams like the Lakers added a piece. But the Cavs needed to do something more than other teams because if they stay too long with the status quo LaBron may leave the Cavs when he's a free agent.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 21:14
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    because its Lebron. All the new guys need to do is spot up and shoot the ball whenever Lebron passes it to them. And Ben just needs to play defense and rebound the ball since thats all he is really good at. I think it was a decent trade, I mean Larry Hughes was very inconsistent and wasn't a good compliment to Lebron. I liked Gooden, but to get two ...[text shortened]... get the Cavs to the NBA Finals, but they definitely upgraded their team by making this trade.
    Did you watch last night's game? The other Cavs mostly stood around while LeBron kept driving into double teams. The Cav perimeter defense is far worse without Hughes, I mean Wally Sczerbiak was trying to cover Pierce or Ray Allen! I think busting up a good team and getting rid of solid veteran players like Hughes and Gooden in the middle of a playoff run is madness.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 14:53
    Big showdown in Boston tonight; Pistons at the C's. Detroit is 3 games behind for best record (4 in the loss column) and really need this one if they are to catch the Celts. The first two games between these squads were split and had great playoff intensity. I'll be watching with great interest.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 13:52
    Celts pull away at the end and beat the Pistons! They remain the beasts of the East.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 14:19
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Celts pull away at the end and beat the Pistons! They remain the beasts of the East.
    LeBron dropped 50 last night at MSG.

He's the real beast of the east.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 15:51
    Originally posted by darvlay
    LeBron dropped 50 last night at MSG.

He's the real beast of the east.
    The Celts took him down last week; he was something like 7 of 25 against them.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 18:24
    The Celts took him down last week; he was something like 7 of 25 against them.
    They're 2-2 for the season against Cleveland.

I think to ignore James and the Cavs as a legitimate contender in the East is trouble. James alone carried the Cavs to the NBA finals last year. Best playe rin the league.

King James and Kobe in the Finals. Let's see it!
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 19:19

I think to ignore James and the Cavs as a legitimate contender in the East is trouble. James alone carried the Cavs to the NBA finals last year. Best playe rin the league.

I think you're right about James and the Cavs being a real threat. He is a one man wrecking machine. But I'm thinking it's gonna be like old times with a Celtics vs. Lakers matchup.
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 23:29
    Best playe rin the league.

Actually, Kobe is still the best player in the league right now. And a Lebron vs Kobe Finals would be awesome, the NBA Finals might actually get some decent TV ratings...
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 14:111 edit

The "legitimate contender" Cavs got manhandled by the Bulls last night. They are a complete mishmash now with their main offensive play being for 4 players to stand around and watch King James shoot. And their perimeter defense is terrible. The Raptors might take them out in the first round.
  11. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 10:541 edit
    See what the Raptors do to the Spurs tonight and what LeBron does to them on Wednesday.
    Funny how you call the the Raptors in their real name and the Cavaliers as LeBron. Though King James really is a great player. Is he ever going to compete in Slam Dunk?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Mar '08 14:341 edit
    The Celts stand at 52-13, by far the best record in the league. They started a road trip by drubbing the lowly Bucks, but it gets interesting starting tonight. In the next 6 days, they travel to the elite of the West - San Antonio, Houston, Dallas and New Orleans. If they break even, it should answer the doubters once and for all, as well as just about sew up the best record. They have only one decent team on the road after this stretch (the Wizards) and could get to 65 wins. What a turnaround!
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 13:57
    What a game! The Spurs came out looking like they were going to completely destroy the Celts, jumping to a 22 point first half lead. But the Celts hung tough, whittled it down bit by bit and finally pulled ahead with less than a minute to go on a Sam Cassell 3 pointer! Then they almost blow it by letting the Spurs steal the ball with seconds left and get it to Robert Horry (of all people) to launch a three that would have won it for San Antonio! But "Big Shot Bob" clanked this one and the Celts escaped with a 93-91 road win over the defending champs and a sweep of the season series! This without Ray Allen mind you!

Tonight; more drama. The C's travel to Houston to attempt to snap the Rockets 22 game win streak. Back to back against two of the best teams in the league is about as tough as you can get, but with the heart they've been showing, I give the Celts a good shot of stopping Houston's run.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 14:25
    What a game! The Spurs came out looking like they were going to completely destroy the Celts, jumping to a 22 point first half lead. But the Celts hung tough, whittled it down bit by bit and finally pulled ahead with less than a minute to go on a Sam Cassell 3 pointer! Then they almost blow it by letting the Spurs steal the ball with seconds left and get ...[text shortened]... ith the heart they've been showing, I give the Celts a good shot of stopping Houston's run.
    Yes, it was WITHOUT Ray Allen. And were it not for the heroics of newly acquired Sam Cassell, and a dominating game by Paul Pierce, it would have been a loss. Having seen Sam play many, many games, and you won't get that production often. Furthermore, where the hell was KG this game? Yes, truly the luck of the Irish aided the Celtics last night. Now it is on to H-town to play the Rockets. By the way, the Rockets just played the best(formerly) team in the West, now they play the best in the East. The Spurs are third best in the West. If you are going to gloss your prose, at least get your facts straight!!
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 14:371 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Yes, it was WITHOUT Ray Allen. And were it not for the heroics of newly acquired Sam Cassell, and a dominating game by Paul Pierce, it would have been a loss. Having seen Sam play many, many games, and you won't get that production often. Furthermore, where the hell was KG this game? Yes, truly the luck of the Irish aided the Celtics last night. Now it ...[text shortened]... hird best in the West. If you are going to gloss your prose, at least get your facts straight!!
    Yeah, they ALMOST lost, but they didn't. KG stunk it up; a mere 21 points and 8 rebounds. Cassell was averaging close to 13 a game this year, so I don't think 17 is a big stretch.

What part of "two of the best teams in the league" couldn't you understand?? Did I miss who the defending champs are?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree