1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 11:21
    Originally posted by Lundos
    Cheers mate. It's better than anyone in Copenhagen ever hoped for. People are ecstatic.
    1 point in the two matches against Barca and a win at home vs. Panathinaikos and Copenhagen will be the team everybody wants to draw in the last 16. 😉
    just the win should be enough.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 11:35
    rangers at home to valencia next after them winning and valencia getting beat at home 😀

odds should be goooood.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 16:381 edit
    Speaking of odds, 1.6 for Porto at CSKA Sofia looks good to me. Bulgarian clubs are on a downward spiral and CSKA is struggling even on their own league, while Porto is on a red hot run.

Edit - And the first goal went in.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 19:04
    Spurs. 😵
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 20:331 edit
    Gareth Bale 3 - Inter 4 😲

(massive overrating by the press will ensue...)
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 21:17
    He deserves all the praise he gets. 4 0 down against ten men and he responds with a second half hat trick. This not only shows he has great ability but also that he has a strong character too. The English must be sick, first they missed out on Giggsy and now the Welsh have produced another left sided gem.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Oct '10 09:051 edit
    Interesting reading:
    http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/General/01/51/72/68/1517268_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Does anyone else think that the market pool shares should be distributed differently (for me preferably in the form of prizes)?

Man U was the team that got the most money because of this despite being knocked out on the quarter-finals.
  8. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 13:55
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Interesting reading:
    http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/General/01/51/72/68/1517268_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Does anyone else think that the market pool shares should be distributed differently (for me preferably in the form of prizes)?

Man U was the team that got the most money because of this despite being knocked out on the quarter-finals.
    Actually Inter received the most, but that's not the point.

How is the market pool shares in the group stages decided? It certainly isn't performance related (neither points or goal scored). The groups doesn't even receive the same amount. I assume it has something to do with TV rights? It looks like the smaller teams gets ripped off.

I agree that it looks like the market pool shares should be distributed differently. I mean the total market pool is bigger than the added participation-, match-, and performance bonus. However, since I don't know how the market pool shares are decided, I cannot say what to be done about it.
  9. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 12:471 edit
    Oh, and in case people aren't paying attention to group D, it's tonight Copenhagen will face Barcelona at home. Even if you don't like attacking football, you should still watch the match for the fans. I'm sure Parken will be loud tonight. 😉

EDIT: Goal.com's preview: http://www.goal.com/en-us/match/50399/copenhagen-vs-barcelona/preview
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 09:19
    Cheers mate. It's better than anyone in Copenhagen ever hoped for. People are ecstatic.
    1 point in the two matches against Barca and a win at home vs. Panathinaikos and Copenhagen will be the team everybody wants to draw in the last 16. 😉
    Well, well, almost there. All you guys need is two draws or a win and you should get it. Great position to be in.
  11. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 12:261 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Well, well, almost there. All you guys need is two draws or a win and you should get it. Great position to be in.
    Yeah, it's amazing. Especially since the team has been playing so well. I'm already looking forward to Rubin away.

Without sounding too much like an English (club) fan after a loss, but Copenhagen was cheated yesterday. Valdes should have been shown a red card after his karate kid stunt against N'Doye, and Alves should have been thrown out in the second half. When was the last time a Barca player received a red card? Still 1-1 against Barcelona in an even match is pretty good.

And still undefeated at home in the Champions League. 😀
  12. Joined
    29 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 01:28
    Yeah, it's amazing. Especially since the team has been playing so well. I'm already looking forward to Rubin away.

Without sounding too much like an English (club) fan after a loss, but Copenhagen was cheated yesterday. Valdes should have been shown a red card after his karate kid stunt against N'Doye, and Alves should have been thrown out in the second h ...[text shortened]... in an even match is pretty good.

And still undefeated at home in the Champions League. 😀
    Perhaps, Rubin will be able to win, finally. But, even then they won't have much of a chance.
  13. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 09:59
    Originally posted by infomast
    Perhaps, Rubin will be able to win, finally. But, even then they won't have much of a chance.
    To do that you need to score goals - or maybe one will enough? But so far Rubin have been extremely ineffective in front of the goal. At least this time Rubin wont underestimate Copenhagen.

A Rubin win will make it very tight in the group. But as long as Barcelona beats Rubin at home and doesn't lose in Greece, it doesn't matter. 😀
  14. Joined
    29 Oct '04
    Moves
    06 Nov '10 03:06
    To do that you need to score goals - or maybe one will enough? But so far Rubin have been extremely ineffective in front of the goal. At least this time Rubin wont underestimate Copenhagen.

A Rubin win will make it very tight in the group. But as long as Barcelona beats Rubin at home and doesn't lose in Greece, it doesn't matter. 😀
    Copenhagen came out of nowhere this year, at least for me. Had they ever played in group stages of CL?

The problem with the Russian football calendar is that they play their season from spring thru summer to fall. Because of that the teams form changes by the time they play in Europe the next season. This year CSKA and Zenit so far won 4 games each in Europa league. If they could play in CL they would've had much better results than Rubin and Spartak. A decision has already been made to play from fall to spring in the near future like in the rest of Europe. But it'll be tough to maintain decent fields during the Russian winter.
  15. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    06 Nov '10 08:24
    Originally posted by infomast
    Copenhagen came out of nowhere this year, at least for me. Had they ever played in group stages of CL?

The problem with the Russian football calendar is that they play their season from spring thru summer to fall. Because of that the teams form changes by the time they play in Europe the next season. This year CSKA and Zenit so far won 4 games each in Eu ...[text shortened]... in the rest of Europe. But it'll be tough to maintain decent fields during the Russian winter.
    Copenhagen (FCK) played in the CHL in 2006/2007 by beating Ajax in Amsterdam 2-0. In the group stage FCK beat Man U and Celtic at home, but lost all the away games and finished 4th with 7 points. The last couple of years FCK have been doing well in the Europa League, but even if beating Sparta Prague and CFR Cluj could have happened in the CHL, it still isn't the same.

It will be very tough to maintain decent fields, but if it means that more Russian teams will perform in the CHL, it might be worth it. Still Russia is 6th in the UEFA rankings so you guys are doing something right. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree