1. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 19:42
    Originally posted by Palynka
    And they burned people who said differently. 😀 Seriously, do you have a shred of doubt?

I agree, though. I think the combination of Real Madrid, Ronaldo (most polarizing player in the world?) and Mourinho (most polarizing coach in the world?) was just too much for some to bear. The reaction from the commentators of the stream I was watching was telling. ...[text shortened]... es this week where the extra officials behind the goal failed to help on several penalty calls.
    Of course I think Mourinho told his players to get the red cards, but for me proving it matters.

Now UEFA have penalized Real Madrid, the involved players, and Mourinho. I wonder how this is possible without prove? And will UEFA give out fines every time a team 'discredits' football? And how will they prove that?

I find this whole case insane. Maybe UEFA should get with the program and try to live in the 21st century. The old men in charge make way too many mistakes.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 23:13
    Originally posted by Lundos
    Of course I think Mourinho told his players to get the red cards, but for me proving it matters.

Now UEFA have penalized Real Madrid, the involved players, and Mourinho. I wonder how this is possible without prove? And will UEFA give out fines every time a team 'discredits' football? And how will they prove that?

I find this whole case insane. Maybe U ...[text shortened]... program and try to live in the 21st century. The old men in charge make way too many mistakes.
    What is proof? If any sane, rational person would conclude that it's pretty obvious that he did it by looking at the video evidence why isn't that enough evidence?

I think what's truly shocking is that I think the UEFA's regulations are silent about this and it's been a very common practice for as long as I have been watching football.
  3. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    07 Dec '10 21:34
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I think what's truly shocking is that I think the UEFA's regulations are silent about this and it's been a very common practice for as long as I have been watching football.
    UEFA sucks. There's a real risk for a slippery slope development, where UEFA have to give out fines for all sorts of different behavior based on subjective 'discrediting football' arguments. And after a common practice affair no less. It's pretty stupid to say the least. Especially now since UEFA have reduced the fines.

But much more importantly Copenhagen is still undefeated at home in the CHL and is through to the next round. 😀😀😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree