1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 10:371 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    United had an easy win tonight. Another 2 players added to the injury list; Scholes and Evra. We really need to get a few players back. Anderson played well tonight, great tackling, passing and ball retention, but the centre of our midfield is threadbare. We're going to take a hammering against the Arse unless we get at least Hargreaves and Scholes back hts games. It'd be great to see Liverpool eliminated; make space for a watchable team.

D
    I glanced at the attendance figures and they seemed relatively normal.

http://stats.football365.com/results.html

It'd be great to see Liverpool eliminated; make space for a watchable team.

There are still a lot of games to go. The clashes between Porto and Marseille are important but if Liverpool wins their games against Besiktas they will still depend only on themselves.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 22:54
    Can anyone make sense out of Liverpool?
  3. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 08:52
    Originally posted by Palynka
    You know, you really should shut up right now 😛
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 09:42
    Could still happen.

However Rag, do you think Liverpool's 8-0 drubbing of Besiktas was "watchable" enough? Even for a one eyed manc moron?
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 11:36
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Could still happen.

However Rag, do you think Liverpool's 8-0 drubbing of Besiktas was "watchable" enough? Even for a one eyed manc moron?
    In fairness to Liverpool, they actually tried to pass the ball last night.

But to be honest Boy, watching a half decent team hammering a totally rubbish team isn't my idea of brilliant.

I guess if I'd have been watching Liverpool as a fan all season, with their inability to pass/defend/attack, I'd be fairly excited too.

D
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 14:16
    In fairness to Liverpool, they actually tried to pass the ball last night.

But to be honest Boy, watching a half decent team hammering a totally rubbish team isn't my idea of brilliant.

I guess if I'd have been watching Liverpool as a fan all season, with their inability to pass/defend/attack, I'd be fairly excited too.

D
    Sorry, did I miss something? Have you won something already this season? Long way to go yet ....

Well, not that long until the first Cup Final of the season but then you definitely won't be in that
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 14:23
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    You know, you really should shut up right now 😛
    I was quoting Rags. But I agree, Rags should shut up. 😉
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:39
    Could still happen.

A draw in Anfield for Porto is enough for us to go through and could mean elimination for Liverpool if Marseille wins.

That said, our defence has been woeful (we only have one decent central defender) so I think that if Crouch plays we're in trouble as we have problems with aerial balls. I'm hoping Benitez tries to defy logic (yet again) and not play Crouch.

That said, we're a very dangerous team on the break with Lisandro, Tarik and Quaresma all capable of playing inside or on the wing. This means a 0-0 draw doesn't seem a likely result.

Looking forward to a nail-biting match at Anfield and hoping you don't score early.
  9. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 17:42
    Could still happen.

So let me guess, now "it's our year" again or is that still off, I can never get it right, I mean after you beat bolton it was deifinitly Liverpools year, all the players were saying it but since then it has seemed not to be your year, however another 'massive' result and it all seems back on. Please help.
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 22:20
    Originally posted by cadwah
    So let me guess, now "it's our year" again or is that still off, I can never get it right, I mean after you beat bolton it was deifinitly Liverpools year, all the players were saying it but since then it has seemed not to be your year, however another 'massive' result and it all seems back on. Please help.
    Haven't you seen the news? Liverpool 2008:

http://www.liverpool08.com/

55 days to go....
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 22:26
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Can anyone make sense out of Liverpool?
    Can any one of us mere mortals even hope to understand the footballing genius that is Rafa Benitez? Personally I think he knows a good cup run is based on strong character in the team, which can only be formed from being under the kosh and succeeding with great results like last night. He knows us fans like drama, and lord knows our cup runs over the past 3 years have provided that - last minute screamer by Stevie G in Marseille for qualification anyone?
  12. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 07:34
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Haven't you seen the news? Liverpool 2008:

http://www.liverpool08.com/

55 days to go....
    LOL
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 15:11
    Sorry, did I miss something? Have you won something already this season? Long way to go yet ....

Well, not that long until the first Cup Final of the season but then you definitely won't be in that
    If you're happy with the way Liverpool have played so far this season (bar 1 result against a poor team), then fair enough. Personally, I'm glad that I support a team who always try to play football, but if the long ball game is your idea of entertainment, so be it.

D
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 15:12
    Originally posted by cadwah
    cadwah, are you still in Ireland?

Do you watch the Champions League on Network 2? I'm this close to sending them a letter to complain about their cynicism, negativity and pro Arsenal agenda. It's a joke.

D
  15. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 19:30
    cadwah, are you still in Ireland?

Do you watch the Champions League on Network 2? I'm this close to sending them a letter to complain about their cynicism, negativity and pro Arsenal agenda. It's a joke.

D
    Yep, I'm still in Ireland and yes I refuse to listen to their commentary or analysis, I watch the matches with radio commentary if it's RTE and mute the tv during half time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree