1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 10:47
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Tell you what, get back to me when you've actually qualified for the knockout round.
    By which time we should be above you in the league and still in the League Cup just for good measure.

Anfield 16th December - bring it on!

Finally, regarding last night's game

www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW12114071128-1609.htm

What's that Ricardo? Who's weeping now then?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 11:31
    Come on! Porto? That's like boasting about beating Wigan.

Tell you what, get back to me when you've actually qualified for the knockout round.

D
    Porto's international trophies > Manure's.

Deal with it.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 11:35
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    4 against Porto - previously unbeaten this season. Watchable enough for you yet? Take a look over your Premiership shoulder, if we win our game in hand we go ahead of you. Unbeaten in the league and still involved in all competitions too (unlike your lot). Not bad for a "half decent" team.
    Deserved win for L'pool, even if the numbers are a bit harsh on us.

Our defense is crap this year. We only have one good central defender and the rest are shocking. Stepanov was to blame for most of the goals.

I was very surprised Benitez didn't start Crouch. He doesn't seem to be doing his homework, as he is the player I would expect us to have the most trouble with and his impact was obvious. (let's not forget it was 1-1 until he came in)

Still top of the group, but it's clear which two teams deserve to go through.
  4. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 13:45
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Deserved win for L'pool, even if the numbers are a bit harsh on us.

Our defense is crap this year. We only have one good central defender and the rest are shocking. Stepanov was to blame for most of the goals.

I was very surprised Benitez didn't start Crouch. He doesn't seem to be doing his homework, as he is the player I would expect us to have the m ...[text shortened]... e came in)

Still top of the group, but it's clear which two teams deserve to go through.
    you expected crouch to be better than torres and gerrard?
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 14:25
    Originally posted by John1916
    you expected crouch to be better than torres and gerrard?
    I expected Crouch to cause us more problems, yes. Some players are more useful against certain teams. If I had seen Crouch and Torres in the starting line-up I expected us not to have a chance.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 12:28
    United are looking good for progressing to the QFs. Hopefully, we can avoid Celtic.

Liverpool have a tough job next round, as do Arsenal, although they do have to chance to land Porto. Chelsea and United look like shoe-ins for the next round.

D

From BBC...
    "Last year's beaten finalists Liverpool could face a rematch with defending champions and Group D winners AC Milan, who they famously beat in the 2005 final.

The Reds could also meet Inter Milan, Sevilla or fellow Spaniards Barcelona, who they beat in the first knockout round last year.

Arsenal's prospective opponents also include Barcelona, who beat them in the 2006 final, as well as last year's knockout victims Real Madrid, AC Milan, Porto or Inter Milan.

Celtic could be handed a clash with Group F winners Manchester United, while they could also play Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Sevilla, Barcelona or Porto.

Manchester United's opponents will also be drawn from Schalke, Olympiakos, Lyon or Fenerbahce, while Chelsea could also meet Roma, Olympiakos, Lyon or Fenerbahce."
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 13:30
    Liverpool have a tough job next round, as do Arsenal, although they do have to chance to land Porto.
    Fool. Liverpool can't "land" Porto in this round.

Try understanding the rules the next time.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 15:111 edit
    Fool. Liverpool can't "land" Porto in this round.

Try understanding the rules the next time.
    🙄

Who said Liverpool can land Porto?

You seem emotionally unstable at the mo. Maybe I should stop embaressing you in here.

D
  9. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 11:59
    [bMaybe I should stop embaressing you in here.[/b]
    Maybe you should learn to spell "embarrassing" 😉

Liverpool are going to get Barca again - I can just sense it ....
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 14:45
    🙄

Who said Liverpool can land Porto?

You seem emotionally unstable at the mo. Maybe I should stop embaressing you in here.

D
    Since you put "as do Arsenal" between commas, the word "they" is referring to Liverpool. I'm sorry if I don't read retardish properly.
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 19:02
    Since you put "as do Arsenal" between commas, the word "they" is referring to Liverpool. I'm sorry if I don't read retardish properly.
    I have to admire your consistency in avoiding footballing discussion in deference to linguistic/grammatical pedantry. It must take a lot of tenacity to write such boring posts, time after time.

If the comma confused you, you should really have just read the rest of my post, which included the lists of teams which each British team could meet.

How were my commas in that post, bane of Noodles?

D
  12. LA
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 19:34
    I have to admire your consistency in avoiding footballing discussion in deference to linguistic/grammatical pedantry. It must take a lot of tenacity to write such boring posts, time after time.

If the comma confused you, you should really have just read the rest of my post, which included the lists of teams which each British team could meet.

D
    ROFL
    Thats "roll on floor lafing, sorry "laughing" Palynka.

Manchester United would like to get Liverpool next in the FA Cup or Champions League.

The Premiership Champions have 6 victories and 1 draw against Liverpool and Rafa in our last 7 meetings.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 22:541 edit
    Fool. Since it was a quote, those weren't your commas.

Edit - And there was no 'footballing discussion' at that time, so it's really not surprising that I didn't mention any footballing arguments.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 01:23

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree