1. LA
    Moves
    20 May '07 22:552 edits
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    - But will they play it on the night when it matters?
    - They did last time, but lost
    - You shouldn't need any extra motivating for a night like that
    - Same could be said of LFC
    - What if LFC score first?
    - Yeah, Rafa's a real jerk!!
    - The Liverpool team as a whole is a lot better than 2 years ago
    - Hahahaha. Not quite as motivated? Shut up.
    - Goals ee. Never mind, it's only a short trip to Liverpool to see our 5 (maybe 6) European Cups.
    The English Priemier League title is all that really matters to an English football supporter.
    Liverpool supporters should know that, but its been so long.............
    Thats why you have the greatest history.

United have 16, Liverpool have 18.
    If we get to 19 Manchester United will take the crown as the most sucessful English team of all time from Liverpool.
    The cups don't really matter unless you can make it THE Treble and you never could.

Yes the CL is great to win but its all about the luck of the draw and squad injuries as much as anything else and being crap in the league can be an advantage as you can concentrate on the CL games, its called being a cup team 😉

Liverpool play much better in Europe than in the League, what is it this time 21+ points behind United at the end of the season, but yes I know next season you'll back, bla bla bla.....

In the CL you have played well when you needed to but:-
    - You caught Barcelona at the right time, they have so many problems, but you played well
    - Was it Ajax you beat, I can't remember, but again you deserved it with a strong solid squad and deserved to get past them
    - You caught Chelski at just the right time as they ran out of steam, you deserved to go through but again Chelski were all over the place both on and off the pitch and Liverpool are traditionally the penatly taking kings of world football.

Liverpool have been constanty finishing about 20 points behind the English League Champoins for years.

You play stifling, boring (but occasionally insparational football) in Europe.

- AC Milan are a far superior team to Liverpool.
    - In every position they have better players.
    - They are a wounded animal, beware.
    - "a lot better than 2 years ago?", 21 points behind and the league being over in November suggests not.
    - Even the most biased Liverpool supported acknowledges that Rafa does not know his best 11 players. Are we going to see him start Kewell again, you were so lucky Rafa's tactical genious saw Kewell get taken off injured in 2005.

But on the night as you have shown, anything can happen, especially as everyone knows you are going to play for penalty kicks, from the penalty spot.
    Thats how you won 3 of your great 5 CL trophies.

Predication: 3-1 AC Milan.
    With of course StevieG getting Liverpool the consolation goal.
  2. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 May '07 08:54
    2-1 Liverpool!
  3. LA
    Moves
    21 May '07 09:02
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    2-1 Liverpool!
    The only way Liverpool score 2 goals is if Gerrard has the game of his life, again.

Or you manage to hold out for penalty kicks again, yawn.

3-1 AC Milan.
  4. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 May '07 19:21
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    The only way Liverpool score 2 goals is if Gerrard has the game of his life, again.

Or you manage to hold out for penalty kicks again, yawn.

3-1 AC Milan.
    You're just jelous.
  5. LA
    Moves
    22 May '07 03:23
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    You're just jelous.
    I was jelous of Chelsea being the Champions.
    Not of the CL final, Manchester United are the Champions of England!

I just hope its a game worth watching and won with goals not penalty kicks.

But I'm afraid Liverpool will play with 9 defenders, Crouch up front and try and hold out for a draw or catch Milan on the break, tactical (yawn) genious.

That's why Liverpool can never even compete for the League Title, you don't play football.

And of course, we've got our trophy back, so why would I be jelous?
    Milan beat United - no problem at all with the result.
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 May '07 09:17
    I just hope its a game worth watching and won with goals not penalty kicks.

But I'm afraid Liverpool will play with 9 defenders, Crouch up front and try and hold out for a draw or catch Milan on the break, tactical (yawn) genious.

That's why Liverpool can never even compete for the League Title, you don't play football.
    Get off your high horse! Wasn't it your beloved ManU that played in the most boring FA Cup final seen in years last Saturday?
  7. LA
    Moves
    22 May '07 09:46
    Get off your high horse! Wasn't it your beloved ManU that played in the most boring FA Cup final seen in years last Saturday?
    Yes it was.

Lets face it though, most FA Cup finals are quite boring these days becasue both teams want to win so much they will not take many risks.

Its not really fair to accuse Manchester United of playing negative football.

Two years running we have lost the final.
    In both games most people would say we played the best football, especially against Arsenal in 2006.

Its difficult to break down teams that don't want to play and just defend.
    Its been a long season.

Sort of puts the Treble of 1999 into perspective.
  8. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 May '07 10:15
    Lets face it though, most FA Cup finals are quite boring these days becasue both teams want to win so much they will not take many risks.

Two years running we have lost the final.
    In both games most people would say we played the best football, especially against Arsenal in 2006.
    "Boring" just like in 2006? When LIVERPOOL played WEST HAM?
    It would seem that your posts are either crap or simply wrong.
  9. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 12:24
    The English Priemier League title is all that really matters to an English football supporter.
    Liverpool supporters should know that, but its been so long.............
    Thats why you have the greatest history.

United have 16, Liverpool have 18.
    If we get to 19 Manchester United will take the crown as the most sucessful English team of all ...[text shortened]... dication: 3-1 AC Milan.
    With of course StevieG getting Liverpool the consolation goal.
    Rooney, I take on board what your are saying, however you forget that Liverpool are the most successful English side in Europe, have they always been a cup side? No, the fact they are the most successful league team with 18 titles suggests they are not. Liverpool are on the way back from a long period of turmoil that I believe began way back when Dalglish left in the late 80s, a large period of time before that they dominated football. Teams and squads change, times change, you have to do the best with what you have, or you have not got, don't be so naive to think Liverpool will not once again take the league title, they have been steadily building for a long time(21+ points maybe, but how many games did they take their foot off the peddle to save themselves for European games, maybe 3 or 4 which could equate to another 10+ points). Utd have had a great spell over the last 15 years, but when Fergason leaves, and he will do soon, they will go through a number of transition years, lets see if they do so well then. The great teams of football are those that endure the years and the times and continue to win, Liverpool and Man Utd in England, and more widely AC Milan etc.. are head and shoulders above the rest.

All that aside, you can't run from the facts my son, Liverpool ARE the most successful football club England has. That is Fact.

PS – and as for any Chelsea fans out there, well boys, you have such a long long way to go before you can even be considered a great club, you history is only just beginning, you have I’d say near 40+ years of staying at the top before you can call yourself a great club, and that means wining a lot of trophies on the way.
  10. LA
    Moves
    22 May '07 14:36
    "Boring" just like in 2006? When LIVERPOOL played WEST HAM?
    It would seem that your posts are either crap or simply wrong.
    Your right, I had forgotten all about your famous penalty kick victory against West Ham in 2006, how could I forget such a famous victory.

My god, it must have been 2005 when we were robbed by Arsenal in the FA Cup Final, how time flys.

If Liverpool won the the CL in 2005 on penalties.
    The FA Cup in 2006 on penalties.
    And nothing but finish 21 points behind the Champions Manchester United in 2007.

Does that mean that the Rafalution is over or just beginning?
  11. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 14:50
    Your right, I had forgotten all about your famous penalty kick victory against West Ham in 2006, how could I forget such a famous victory.

My god, it must have been 2005 when we were robbed by Arsenal in the FA Cup Final, how time flys.

And nothing but finis ...[text shortened]... ions Manchester United in 2007.

Doesn’t matter, Liverpool are still more successful than Utd. Liverpool are the most successful football team in England.
  12. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 May '07 14:55

And nothing but finis ...[text shortened]... ions Manchester United in 2007.

So you're admitting and proving what we knew all along then?
    All your posts are either crap, incorrect or irrelevant.

Bye
  13. LA
    Moves
    22 May '07 15:09
    Originally posted by 1WhiteKnight
    Rooney, I take on board what your are saying, however you forget that Liverpool are the most successful English side in Europe, have they always been a cup side? No, the fact they are the most successful league team with 18 titles suggests they are not. Liverpool are on the way back from a long period of turmoil that I believe began way back when Dalgli ...[text shortened]... before you can call yourself a great club, and that means wining a lot of trophies on the way.
    Interesting post and you mention some valid points.

I have always said in my posts (or intended to) that Liverpool are today and always have been in my life time the most sucessful English club side because you have 18 league title victories and Manchester United have 16.

If the day ever comes (and it could soon) that Manchester Uniited get to 19 and Liverpool stay at 18 then no matter how many cups you have Manchester United will become the most sucessful English club side.

Liverpool are the most sucessful side in English football history because of the number 18, but today you can only be classed as a cup side when considering the major honours for the next season.

Football has changed, it not longer goes in cycles.
    Sir Alex has proven this by fighting back in the 21 century against Arsenal and Chelsea and Abramoviches spending power has changed things.
    Chelsea could bounce back each season if they are prepared to pay the price for sucess.

Liverpool finished 21 points behind Manchester United, and you could have won more points if you played better in the last few games.
    Don't forget though that Chelsea I think only won 1 of their last 5 league games.
    Manchester United took 1 point from the last 6 points available.
    So I think 21 points behind is about right, you were about 20 points behind for a long time.

Liverpool are very very strong and difficult to beat in cup competitions, but I can't see and signs you are getting closer to being competitive in the league.

Like I said times have changed.
    Chelsea can buy just about any player they want to.
    You have to develop young talent and pick out really good players from the players Chelsea decide not to buy.
    Manchester United have the foundations for 10 years of sucess right now.
    Chelsea are also in a great position to win many championships over the coming years, Arsenal have a chance.

I don't see it happening at Liverpool in the players you have.
    Man for man almost every player you have positionally in Liverpools team and squad is inferior to Manchester Uniteds or Chelseas.
    Gerrard has 2 or 3 years left at the top of his game, then what......
    Rafa has shown no evidence (at Liverpool) that he can develop a young talent into a world class player.

As Liverpool supporters have always said, the league table does not lie.

Liverpool have been in transition for about 17 years and there is no evidence to suggest you are becoming more competitive in the league.

LFC as a club are the most sucessful English club ever.
    LFC today play cup football and can only be considered as contenders for the cups, its been like that for over 10 years so thats why today you are also just a cup side.

When Sir Alex retires things can continue as they are at Manchester United.
    They said we would never replace: Keane, Beckham, Cantona, Schmiekel, Robson, Palister and Bruce.

Consider, maybe Sir Alex retires in 3 years time and Roy Keane takes over as the manager (after serving one year as his apprentice).
    I think maybe Roy Keane could take over sucessfully from Sir Alex one day, who knows.
  14. LA
    Moves
    22 May '07 15:23
    So you're admitting and proving what we knew all along then?
    All your posts are either crap, incorrect or irrelevant.

Bye
    I'll admit I forgot about Liverpool winning the FA Cup in 2006.
    Thats the thing about cup victories, they mean nothing compared to winning the league title.

If you say posting 2006 instead of 2005 makes all my posts crap then thats your opinion.

You still don't have the courage to make an educated prediction of the league positions for next season, why is that?

Have you so little faith in Liverpools ability to win the league?

I'll say it again, my 2008 prediction:-

(1) Manchester United
    (2) Chelsea
    (3) Arsenal
    (4) Tottenham
    (5) Liverpool

I don't need to wait and see who buys what player.
    Now that I know we have Hargreves, I think its very possible for the table to finish as above, taking current squads and the spending potential each team has.

What do you think Mr Angry Boy?
  15. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 15:43
    I'll admit I forgot about Liverpool winning the FA Cup in 2006.
    Thats the thing about cup victories, they mean nothing compared to winning the league title.

If you say posting 2006 instead of 2005 makes all my posts crap then thats your opinion.

You still don't have the courage to make an educated prediction of the league positions for next ...[text shortened]... current squads and the spending potential each team has.

What do you think Mr Angry Boy?
    I am willing to put a very lot of money down against that prediction, i.e. Liverpool come in the top 4.

Got the balls Rooney?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree