1. LA
    Moves
    26 May '07 09:49
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    I can't see Fergie being happy taking Keane on board to take over. Fergie's not going to announce a year in advance that he's going to leave again and I think Keane would rather walk in as a breath of fresh air. It'd be an uneasy relationship to say the least.
    I see what you are saying the problem is that Manchester United need a personality like Keane to take over as their next manager.

If we don't get someone with his drive and presance then any manager could be a risk because like one of the earlier posts said we need a manager that will say to the top stars, you're out if you do not perform in the next game.

Obviously Keane is too inexperienced to take over in the short term so I think the best solution would be for Fergie to take him as an assistant coach (with an agreement that Keane can take over within 2 years), the public do not need to know about this arrangement and Fergie could keep on saying publically that he wants to continue until he feels its right to leave.

I agree thinking about it that it could all fall apart at United when Fergie leaves and to me Keane has already shown he has what it takes to coach a team.
    He also knows United better than anyone, so he seems like the safest candidate to continue after Fergie.

The problem is maybe Keane doesn't want to take an assistant role and United would never take him as the next manager in the short term because he is too inexperienced.

With Sir Alex in charge we have always been able to replace the top stars like Cantona, Ince, Hughes, Beckham, Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Schemikel, Yorke, Bruce, Pallister.

With Sir Alex in charge losing Giggs and Scholes would not be the end, we could easily continue.

Loosing Sir Alex though could be a turning point for the worse.
    Its difficult to imagine what would happen without him.
    Keano would be the safest bet if he continues to prove he can develop, but I'll admit when Fergie retires it could potentially all fall apart no matter what manager we get.
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    26 May '07 09:51
    LFC 2 Arsenal 1 FA Cup final 2001
    Chelsea 3 LFC 2 League Cup final 2005
    LFC 3 AC Milan 3 Champions League final 2005
    LFC 3 West Ham 3 FA Cup final 2006

These games weren't entertaining then? What planet are YOU on? The last 2 have been described by many as the possibily the best ever finals of their respective competitions.
    Wasn't there a 5-4 Euro Final involving Liverpool a few years ago aswell?
    With Jordi Cruyff playing for the opposition???
  3. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    26 May '07 09:52
    Alaves??????
  4. LA
    Moves
    26 May '07 09:59
    LFC 2 Arsenal 1 FA Cup final 2001
    Chelsea 3 LFC 2 League Cup final 2005
    LFC 3 AC Milan 3 Champions League final 2005
    LFC 3 West Ham 3 FA Cup final 2006

These games weren't entertaining then? What planet are YOU on? The last 2 have been described by many as the possibily the best ever finals of their respective competitions.
    Yes the games you mention are some of the most entertaining in recent years, you could include the CL final of 2007, Liverpool made it an entertaining game and Milans 1st goal was hand ball.

Liverpool like Manchester United have the ability to change their style of play during a game and turn the game around, which is what happened in most of the games you listed.

The problem is that Liverpool do not consistently produce attractive football, they seem to only raise their game when they really need to.

Why is this?
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 May '07 12:14
    Originally posted by blade68
    Alaves??????
    Thanks Blade, I'd forgotten about that one. Probably because I was v drunk indeed! So, we the forum posters, conclude that LFC have been involved in arguably the greatest ever UEFA Cup, Champions League and FA Cup finals and all in the last 6 years.

60sred, you are found guilty of being a numpty and are hereby sentenced to a ridiculing each and every time you post in future, until such time as I become too bored to continue or you post something worthwhile.
  6. LA
    Moves
    26 May '07 18:15
    Thanks Blade, I'd forgotten about that one. Probably because I was v drunk indeed! So, we the forum posters, conclude that LFC have been involved in arguably the greatest ever UEFA Cup, Champions League and FA Cup finals and all in the last 6 years.

60sred, you are found guilty of being a numpty and are hereby sentenced to a ridiculing each and every ti ...[text shortened]... in future, until such time as I become too bored to continue or you post something worthwhile.
    You're right, be proud.
    Its called being a very good cup team.

Long may it continue, 17 years and counting.
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 May '07 18:21
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    You're right, be proud.
    Its called being a very good cup team.

Long may it continue, 17 years and counting.
    Trying to gloss over another of your calamitous posts? Blade the Red?

hahahahahahahahaha ... loser.
  8. LA
    Moves
    26 May '07 18:35
    Trying to gloss over another of your calamitous posts? Blade the Red?

hahahahahahahahaha ... loser.
    Loser in the cups, Champions of England.

Dream on, Dream on,
    With hope in you're heart,
    Because you'll never win it again,
    You'll never win it again,
    Again.
  9. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 May '07 18:37
    Loser in the cups, Champions of England.

Dream on, Dream on,
    With hope in you're heart,
    Because you'll never win it again,
    You'll never win it again,
    Again.
    If I throw a stick, will you leave?
  10. LA
    Moves
    26 May '07 18:39
    If I throw a stick, will you leave?
    Go throw a stick on your Welsh beach and let a real Liverpool supporter from Southport post something more interesting.
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 May '07 18:41
    Go throw a stick on your Welsh beach and let a real Liverpool supporter from Southport post something more interesting.
    Lame (again). Are you getting tired? At least your other posts were funny - in a laughing at you kind of way.
  12. LA
    Moves
    26 May '07 18:47
    Lame (again). Are you getting tired? At least your other posts were funny - in a laughing at you kind of way.
    Ok.

Congratulaions Liverpool on reaching the Champions League final and keeping the English game on the radar in Europe.

Congratulations Manchester United, the Champions of England.
  13. Joined
    31 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '07 17:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree