1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 20:36
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    The only thing he got wrong is that I told him Tevez should start.
    Tevez should start all big games for United.
    😏

Carrick should have started instead of Scholes. See we got the goal when Carrick came on? The fact that Tevez was also on the pitch at the time that he scored the goal is purely coincidental. 😉

But I agree with you to a certain extent. Rooney and Tevez up front is our most dangerous formation, but Fergie ALWAYS starts with 5 in midfield away in Europe and given that FACT, Tevez rightly started on the bench.

D
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 18:35
    With Scholes' performance today, I think he's definitely worth a spot midweek. His vision and ability to make the best use of available space on the pitch is unmatched, and it's great to see him back to approaching his best.

I'm not sure if Anderson is very effective with Scholes, so maybe Carrick is worth a start midweek with Hargreaves.

Silvestre is due back in a couple of weeks, club captain Neville has 60 minutes reserve football under his belt, Saha is getting playing time, as are Nani and Park. John O'Shea is getting his run outs, and Fletcher doesn't seem to need games under his belt to put in a performance. As well as that, Foster is due to step up training within a couple of weeks. Things are looking good.

D
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 19:33
    Things are looking great....

There is no doubt that of all our options in centre midfield Scholes is the one player who can dictate a game from the centre and provide a moment of inspiration in a tight game. I was surprised he played the full 90 today.

I think on current form and the fact that he didnt feature today Carrick has a great chance of starting on Tues. Hopefully with Scholes beside him in a 4 4 2. There are so many options at the minute though....
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 21:29
    Originally posted by Doyle78
    Carrick has a great chance of starting on Tues. Hopefully with Scholes beside him in a 4 4 2.
    4-5-1 starting formation in Europe.

FACT!

D
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 22:25
    Things are looking great....

There is no doubt that of all our options in centre midfield Scholes is the one player who can dictate a game from the centre and provide a moment of inspiration in a tight game. I was surprised he played the full 90 today.

I think on current form and the fact that he didnt feature today Carrick has a great chance of start ...[text shortened]... Hopefully with Scholes beside him in a 4 4 2. There are so many options at the minute though....
    I've said it before and i'l say it again. We should play with Anderson/Hargreaves and Scholes with Giggs/Nani and Ronaldo on the wings. Rooney should support Tevez and provide the link between the front and the midfield
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 20:06
    4-5-1 starting formation away from home in Europe....FACT
  7. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 20:34
    The second part of this round should be all home wins. The only matches I'm unsure of is the Inter-Liverpool and Milan-Arsenal. Inter is slowing down and so is Arsenal. Mostly I think because of injuries.
    Real Madrid should be too strong at home even for a strong Roma side. Porto is better than Schalke. Sevilla, Man U, and Chelsea are too good at home for the away teams.
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 22:371 edit
    Originally posted by Lundos
    The second part of this round should be all home wins. The only matches I'm unsure of is the Inter-Liverpool and Milan-Arsenal. Inter is slowing down and so is Arsenal. Mostly I think because of injuries.
    Real Madrid should be too strong at home even for a strong Roma side. Porto is better than Schalke. Sevilla, Man U, and Chelsea are too good at home for the away teams.
    INTER will beat liverpool 3-0
    Arsenal will draw 1-1 with AC (and go through:'()

Real to win 3-0 at home
  9. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 23:04
    Originally posted by spurs73
    INTER will beat liverpool 3-0
    Arsenal will draw 1-1 with AC (and go through:'()

Real to win 3-0 at home
    Zlatan must be at his best for Inter to score 3 goals against Liverpool. More likely it will be 1-0 or 2-1.
    Who will score Arsenal's goal?

And you're probably right about RM.
  10. LA
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 07:36
    Originally posted by Lundos
    Inter 2-0 Liverpool, Inter 3-0 after extra time.
    Manchester United 3-0 Lyon
    AC Milan 1-0 Arsenal
    Madrid 2-1 Roma
    Barcelona 3-0 Celtic
    Chelsea 2-0 Olympicas
    Sevilla - Fenabache... Who cares
    Porto - Schalke... Who cares
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 10:22
    I'll give you 10-1 on that.

Come on gobby - we all know you said it purely to try and rile the Liverpool supporters. Now back it up.
  12. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 15:45
    I guess a lot fans do. Sevilla might even kick out Man U later on.
  13. 6yd box
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 19:14
    Manchester United 3-0 Lyon
    AC Milan 1-0 Arsenal
    Madrid 2-1 Roma
    Barcelona 3-0 Celtic
    Chelsea 2-0 Olympicas
    Inter 3-0 Liverpool
    Man U 2-1 Lyon
    AC 1-1 Arsenal
    Real 3-0 Roma
    Barcelona 4-1 celtic
    Chelsea 2-1 Oly
    Sevilla 4-0 Fenabache
    Porto 2-0 Schalke
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 19:24
    4-5-1 starting formation away from home in Europe....FACT
    Looks like 4-5-1 tonight. At home. FACT! 😉

Fairly weak side to be putting out. I have no doubts about Carrick or Anderson (who will be more effective without Scholes: they're very similar, and if one of them is getting on the ball and starting play, then the other isn't in the game). I'm also not sure Nani is ready for this stage of the Champions League, although he has been visibly improving as the season has gone on.

Fletcher will work his arse off as per usual, but if Lyon are savvy, then he may be swamped. In fairness though, his past few performances have been top notch.

At least we have options to come off the bench. I see Lyon scoring. I don't think we can keep Ben Arfa and Benzema quiet for the night, and Juninho is lethal from set pieces. However, I see United scoring 2. Possibly a third on the break late on as Lyon push on.

2-1.

D
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 19:26
    Man U 2-1 Lyon
    AC 3-0 Arsenal
    Real 2-2 Roma
    Barcelona 2-0 celtic
    Chelsea 1-0 Oly
    Sevilla 2-0 Fenerbache
    Porto 1-1 Schalke

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree