1. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 17:33
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    [b]Well United made it through, I'm not too happy with this 4-5-1 with Rooney up front alone crap.Maybe 4-5-1 is ok for away games, personally though I think we should play Tevez and Rooney home and away.
    Thats when we are most dangerous.
    We need away goals.
    a gree with the rooney up front comment. If we play scholes and Hargreaves in the centre with Ronaldo and Giggs on the wings then we can put Rooney supporting tevez.

Rooney is great at coming back and bringing the ball forward and then either playing Tevez in through the middle or playin it wide to one of the wingers to whip a ball in,

If you watch United playing 4 4 2 then you'll notice that Ronaldo Giggs and Rooney all rotate their positions anyway. This means that there is lots of space and defenders are never quite sure who they're marking.

Possibly Anderson or Carrick could play but if you play Hargreaves then you know you're safe going forward because he'll protect the back four.

Also Nani could play but Giggs has the experience for big european nights
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 18:04
    If Man U play 4 4 2 and really go for it then the champions league is a real possibilty...

However much as it pains me to say it Chelski look formidable at the minute. Ballack in particular starting to look a real player again.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 18:23
    Well United made it through, I'm not too happy with this 4-5-1 with Rooney up front alone crap.
    It was more like 4-4-1-1 in the first half, with Anderson playing in behind Rooney.

I quite liked the selection the last night. It was great for the bit part players with less experience to get a game against a top European side. It means that if they are needed at a later stage in the competition, there is less chance of the big occasion getting to them.

Ferguson's use of the squad has been sublime this season, the one blip being against Bolton. I'd have liked to have seen Pique getting a few more games, but he hasn't covered himself in glory when called upon.

D
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 19:44
    Originally posted by jacko13
    There is no way United should sell Ronaldo for anything less than £90m. He is a great player that you don't value until you notice how different and less dynamic United will be without him
    😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 19:45
    was just wondering what all you UNITED fans are going to post when you get knocked out in the Q-F...
  6. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 03:25
    It all depends on the draw of course. I think Man Utd may well win it this year. I thought Seville would do well. Arsenal are a little too inconsistent and Barcelona will certainly miss Messi.

If Inter beat Liverpool you would have to make them favourites. I fancy United against any English opposition over two legs especially at home.

Although Man Utd have beaten Roma on several occasions, I make Roma my dark horse. I think they have developed as CL team this season and Man Utd should hope to avoid them in the next round.

I would like to see Chelsea play a weakened Barcelona. Although you can be sure that the powers that be at UEFA will ensure the return leg is at the Nou Camp.

Schalke got through courtesy of a great display by their 21 year old keeper. Porto should have had them dead and buried. No threat there and I can´t see Fenerbahce offering much.

So Man Utd for the Cup, but watch out for Roma and Inter if they beat Liverpool.
  7. LA
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 05:43
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    It was more like 4-4-1-1 in the first half, with Anderson playing in behind Rooney.

I quite liked the selection the last night. It was great for the bit part players with less experience to get a game against a top European side. It means that if they are needed at a later stage in the competition, there is less chance of the big occasion getting to th ...[text shortened]... Pique getting a few more games, but he hasn't covered himself in glory when called upon.

D
    I agree that Sir Alex has rotated the squad almost perfectly.
    All players are playing well and get a fair share of games.
    Its especially pleasing to see Fletcher play in CM so well.

However I really think that Tevez and Rooney has to start every big game.

Sir Alex got it wrong IMHO against Lyon away.
    We need away goals and Tevez came off the bench to save us with a late equalizer.
    The same way Tevez did against Spurs when he scored in injury time.

Like Jacko13 said, with 2 up front we have lots of movement with Ronaldo and Giggs/Nani, interchaning with Rooney and Tevez.

If we play Rooney up front on his own agaist Barcelona we could struggle.
    Remember 1999 when Yorke and Cole destroyed Barcelona and Juventus.

Also, obviously I think Ronaldo is great and I want to keep him.
    However United miss Rooney more than Ronaldo.
    Like I've said before, the 5 games we've lost this season, Rooney missed each game.
  8. LA
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 06:56
    Originally posted by spurs73
    was just wondering what all you UNITED fans are going to post when you get knocked out in the Q-F...
    QF of what, the FA Cup or CL?

I'd say - make mine a double!
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 23:42
    QF of what, the FA Cup or CL?

I'd say - make mine a double!
    😉
  10. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 15:43
    Interesting draw:

01-04-2008 20:45 Schalke 04 - Barcelona
    01-04-2008 20:45 Roma - Manchester United
    02-04-2008 20:45 Arsenal - Liverpool
    02-04-2008 20:45 Fenerbahce - Chelsea

08-04-2008 20:45 Liverpool - Arsenal
    08-04-2008 20:45 Chelsea - Fenerbahce
    09-04-2008 20:45 Barcelona - Schalke 04
    09-04-2008 20:45 Manchester United - Roma
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 16:47
    Originally posted by Lundos
    Interesting draw:

01-04-2008 20:45 Schalke 04 - Barcelona
    01-04-2008 20:45 Roma - Manchester United
    02-04-2008 20:45 Arsenal - Liverpool
    02-04-2008 20:45 Fenerbahce - Chelsea

08-04-2008 20:45 Liverpool - Arsenal
    08-04-2008 20:45 Chelsea - Fenerbahce
    09-04-2008 20:45 Barcelona - Schalke 04
    09-04-2008 20:45 Manchester United - Roma
    What do you mean by the dates?
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 May '08 12:53
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I doubt Quaresma or Lopez would be good buys for United given that you have so many good players up front. Bosingwa could be an interesting buy. If Ferguson manages to get him to regularly play up to his potential he could become an impressive right back. He's quite irregular, though (as most of our team this year).
    Bosingwa seems to be going to Chelsea for € 20M... A good buy, if this is officially confirmed. Sad to see him go, but the price is right.

I guess it will be make or break for him. He has the potential but he needs to find regularity. Here's hoping that a spell on the EPL will do him good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree