1. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 11:46
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Ha! It was a fifty fifty chance -- just like who will win the SPL πŸ˜›
    So you reckon Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, etc all all no hopers and Chelsea are head and shoulders above them DOH !!
  2. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 14:31
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    So you reckon Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, etc all all no hopers and Chelsea are head and shoulders above them DOH !!
    He didn't say that though did he?

Given the evidence ...

Two 1st's, two 2nd's and one 3rd in the Premiership (and 3 semis and a final in the CL) in the last five seasons

Not to many changes of personnel and no major losses (unlike Man City, ManU, Liverpool and Arsenal)

Money to spend if they need it

... it's hard to argue against Chelsea this season.

PS - "Spurs"? For the title? Really?
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 20:101 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy

PS - "Spurs"? For the title? Really?[/b]
    they got as much chance as liverpool😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
  4. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 11:54
    Originally posted by Robrobbie
    I believe chelsea will win it because Man U have lost Ronaldo this year
    you've got a point point but arsenal must be hungry for silverware, but they never seem to perform. As for ronaldo he's only 1 good player they've still got rooney, berbatov etc.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 06:331 edit
    He didn't say that though did he?

Given the evidence ...

Two 1st's, two 2nd's and one 3rd in the Premiership (and 3 semis and a final in the CL) in the last five seasons

Not to many changes of personnel and no major losses (unlike Man City, ManU, Liverpool and Arsenal)

Money to spend if they need it

... it's hard to argue against Chelsea this season.

PS - "Spurs"? For the title? Really?
    I'm trying to be neutral but I am saying that 'early doors' it looks like Chelsea's already -- it's a long haul though.

(Edit: I know that doesn't sound neutral but it is - Chelsea just look solid together and on it)

Spurs have made an amazing start and Liverpool a poor one but tbh I think with those two we will hae to wait till Christmas to really see what's what.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 09:10
    Can't anybody see that Ronaldo's departure automatically converted Manchester United in a... well... normal, good team. They lost that touch that made them out of this world.

Chelski or Arsenal will get the EPL this time.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 13:54
    Originally posted by Seitse

Chelski or Arsenal will get the EPL this time.
    Arsenal? theirs as much chance of Rangers winning the champions league as their is of Arsenal winning the league!
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 13:56
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Arsenal? theirs as much chance of Rangers winning the champions league as their is of Arsenal winning the league!
    What? Haven't you heard the bookies are placing Rangers 2-1 as CL winners?
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 00:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Aren't you...Scottish?
    Hey 😠

I'm a Chelsea Fan !!
  10. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 10:04
    It actually looks like none of the old guard will do the job but instead a novice premier team HULL with Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink they can't lose πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 14:35
    .... Money to spend if they need it
    Or maybe not ....

Chelsea have been banned from signing any new players until January 2011 by football's governing body Fifa.

The Premier League club was found guilty of inducing French winger Gael Kakuta, 18, to breach his contract with Lens when he joined in 2007.

"Chelsea is banned from registering any new players for the two next registration periods," a statement on Fifa's website read.

Chelsea can appeal against the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
  12. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 19:27
    Or maybe not ....

Chelsea have been banned from signing any new players until January 2011 by football's governing body Fifa.

The Premier League club was found guilty of inducing French winger Gael Kakuta, 18, to breach his contract with Lens when he joined in 2007.

"Chelsea is banned from registering any new players for the two next registrati ...[text shortened]... ite read.

Chelsea can appeal against the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
    Why would you risk this type of thing happening for an unknown player...
    lol
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 19:35
    So a lot of money will switch away from Chelsea at the bookies πŸ˜‰ come on Hull πŸ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree