Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. Subscriber scoop122
    scoop122
    06 Nov '06 21:50
    any thoughts opinions spare roubles!?
  2. Standard member Talent
    Gives cheque to mate
    06 Nov '06 22:41
    Scoop we all know what fellow reds (Liverpool fans) think of Chelski. I mean a spoilt brat manages them. Quick give him back his rattle and another striker while your there
  3. Subscriber scoop122
    scoop122
    06 Nov '06 23:01
    cheers talent
    you make sense as always mate.
  4. 07 Nov '06 11:55
    I'm a reds fan too, so i don't need to comment I don't think
  5. 12 Nov '06 19:40
    Originally posted by scoop122
    any thoughts opinions spare roubles!?
    As a United fan Chelski are the only team who have made me cheer a Liverpool goal when they knocked them out of the European Cup. Liverpool , there's a kind of hate respect thing going on , a great club and a great rivalry. Chelski , well , just a play thing club , without Abramovich they're a joke. At least Liverpool's and United's success was built on pedigree , tradition and football generated income. Both clubs will still be there long after Roman has got bored of his little blue toy.
  6. Standard member millerman
    Y.N.W.A
    12 Nov '06 19:55
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    As a United fan Chelski are the only team who have made me cheer a Liverpool goal when they knocked them out of the European Cup. Liverpool , there's a kind of hate respect thing going on , a great club and a great rivalry. Chelski , well , just a play thing club , without Abramovich they're a joke. At least Liverpool's and United's success was built ...[text shortened]... ncome. Both clubs will still be there long after Roman has got bored of his little blue toy.
    Recc'd from a LFC fan
  7. Subscriber scoop122
    scoop122
    12 Nov '06 19:55
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    As a United fan Chelski are the only team who have made me cheer a Liverpool goal when they knocked them out of the European Cup. Liverpool , there's a kind of hate respect thing going on , a great club and a great rivalry. Chelski , well , just a play thing club , without Abramovich they're a joke. At least Liverpool's and United's success was built ...[text shortened]... ncome. Both clubs will still be there long after Roman has got bored of his little blue toy.
    well said mate.
    we are rivals but that is built on a pedigree not a cheque book
  8. 12 Nov '06 21:43
    i really dont like chelsea
  9. 12 Nov '06 23:07
    I'm interested to know if you all felt the same about Blackburn when they bought the title?
  10. 12 Nov '06 23:08
    ... or is it more of a North/South hatred coming out..?
  11. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    12 Nov '06 23:29
    Its fascinating Harding's money was great for football. Walkers money was good for football. Ambramovich, Glazier's money is bad for football.

Sometimes I think you need to die, and have a stand named after you to be truly accepted as a football philantrapist.
  12. 13 Nov '06 01:11
    Originally posted by blade68
    I'm interested to know if you all felt the same about Blackburn when they bought the title?
    nah we were sick of winning it by then
  13. 14 Nov '06 01:28
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    nah we were sick of winning it by then
    Just think...it will soon be 20 years since you have won it....

...20 years....
  14. 14 Nov '06 01:30
    Rumour has it that Abramovich bought Chelski (and thence the title) to give himself a high profile and make it harder for the Russian mafia to knock him off without anyone noticing or caring too much.