1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 11:04
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I didn't see the game, but most reviews said he worked for the team, instead of himself.

Usually his problem on the big stage was that he was tried too hard to do it by himself and it's obviously much harder to do everything by yourself against the best teams. If he's learning to work more for the team in those games, then that's a definite improvement.
    If I'm honest, Ronaldo at times looked liked a petulant schoolboy... throwing his arms in the air and smiling sarcastically whenever a decision didn't go his way...

There's no doubting his footballing ability, but the personality still needs some work!
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 12:44
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I didn't see the game, but most reviews said he worked for the team, instead of himself.

Usually his problem on the big stage was that he was tried too hard to do it by himself and it's obviously much harder to do everything by yourself against the best teams. If he's learning to work more for the team in those games, then that's a definite improvement.
    Ronaldo has improved year on year since he moved to United.

This season he has added a finished product to his previous skills.

This season he has shown that he still struggles against the top teams. I stated earlier that I thought this season might be 1 too soon for him to show it against the top sides.

Last night, he actually did some defensive work, chasing down the Barsenal (pretty passing, no end product) defence and preventing them from settling on the ball. This was a first, and is a step in the right direction. He competed a number of times in the air, and won some ball. He tried to tackle and he harried.

It seems that he may be realising that the rest of the team can't carry him when United don't have the ball. Last night could be the turning point, which will see him mature into THE greatest player on the planet next season.

It must be an inspiration to him to see the likes of Park and Tevez cover every blade of grass on the pitch for the team. Ferguson has had to change his system to accommodate Ronaldo's lack of defensive work ethic to United's detriment (A non competitive striker will never work against top sides, a non working winger even more so). Hopefully, we will see the last of that this season.

D
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 12:45
    Originally posted by blade68
    If I'm honest, Ronaldo at times looked liked a petulant schoolboy... throwing his arms in the air and smiling sarcastically whenever a decision didn't go his way...

There's no doubting his footballing ability, but the personality still needs some work!
    As a United fan, I find his behaviour irksome as well. He often reminds me of Drogba, which believe me isn't a good thing.

D
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 13:26
    Let's go LIVERPOOL! Win me my twenty smackers!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 15:16
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Ronaldo has improved year on year since he moved to United.

This season he has added a finished product to his previous skills.

This season he has shown that he still struggles against the top teams. I stated earlier that I thought this season might be 1 too soon for him to show it against the top sides.

Last night, he actually did some defensive ...[text shortened]... non working winger even more so). Hopefully, we will see the last of that this season.

D
    The Barsenal!! I like that! Good shout.
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 15:31
    As a United fan, I find his behaviour irksome as well. He often reminds me of Drogba, which believe me isn't a good thing.

D
    Dogbra is an arrogant, ignorant, selfish, ugly, diving cheat. Even ladyboy Ronaldo is an improvement on that.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 19:41
    It must be halftime because the assaholes are singing again.
  8. Joined
    19 Mar '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 21:32
    Ronaldo is making is way to win the FIFA award.

I hope he can win the CL and the Europe Cup.
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 22:38
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Dogbra is an arrogant, ignorant, selfish, ugly, diving cheat. Even ladyboy Ronaldo is an improvement on that.
    scored 2 great goals tonight........
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 22:40
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Ronaldo = Graeme Hick

Flat track bully
    yep..looked a very avg. player in both the s/f games.

playing upfront does not suite him....looked very very avg.player.
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    01 May '08 08:59
    Originally posted by spurs73
    scored 2 great goals tonight........
    You'll note that I didn't say he was a bad player!
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    01 May '08 16:101 edit
    Originally posted by captbock
    Europe Cup.
    Se fosse a ti, esperava sentado.
  13. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    01 May '08 21:51
    Did anyone no else notice that Drogba didn't dive once....

and on a completely different note how many mistakes did Ray Haughton make on RTE during the Chelsea Liverpool game
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 May '08 07:091 edit
    Originally posted by John1916
    Did anyone no else notice that Drogba didn't dive once....

and on a completely different note how many mistakes did Ray Haughton make on RTE during the Chelsea Liverpool game
    I try not to watch RTE anymore since Houghton said that United were a disgrace to their fans for not trying hard enough while 2-0 up (a second string United won 4-0) against Kiev. Apparently, United fans want United players to pick up bookings or injuries in trying to embarrass inferior opposition.

The same night Arsenal scraped to a 0-0 against Moscow (I think ), and what was RTE's message? Job done: Qualification achieved. :#

Also Drunkphy is a lunatic. To say Park did nothing except give away the ball at home against Barcelona is ridiculous. He was many people's man of the match not only for his work rate, but also for some of the technical ability he showed in delivering 2 crosses which should have been finished off, and for some excellent attacking play.

Also, I watch football to enjoy it. RTE only focus on the negative things that people do, and everything is doom and gloom. Even after United whooped Roma last season, they focused on the fact that this was a "once off", and spent the entire post match period defending themselves.

D
  15. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    02 May '08 13:31
    I try not to watch RTE anymore since Houghton said that United were a disgrace to their fans for not trying hard enough while 2-0 up (a second string United won 4-0) against Kiev. Apparently, United fans want United players to pick up bookings or injuries in trying to embarrass inferior opposition.

The same night Arsenal scraped to a 0-0 against Moscow ...[text shortened]... hat this was a "once off", and spent the entire post match period defending themselves.

D
    i think park is a much underated player his work rate is right up there with hargreaves + carrick and is a player who will run all day for you, also noticed as pointed out by yourself since he returned from the long injury lay-off fergie must have had him practising his crosses from deep/byline as he's pin-pointing players out now rather than the "hopeful" ball in the box, he's come on leaps and bounds and you can see that in his recent games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree