1. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 16:12
    21 straight victories! 1916 NY Giants have 27 game unbeaten streak.
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 03:16
    Originally posted by @ketchuplover
    the Dodgers all the way!
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Sep '17 00:01
    Originally posted by @ketchuplover
    They didn't lose.
    Indians, however, didn't do anything but win.
    Difference with a distinction.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 18:15
    I knew the Indians were done against the Yankees after game 2 that they should never have come back to win.

But that is how baseball is set up now, the big money teams roll over the rest so that MLB gets the most viewers in the larger media cities.

My guess is it will be another Dodger/Yankee match up.

Yee! I can hardly wait.
  5. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 22:43
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I knew the Indians were done against the Yankees after game 2 that they should never have come back to win.

But that is how baseball is set up now, the big money teams roll over the rest so that MLB gets the most viewers in the larger media cities.

My guess is it will be another Dodger/Yankee match up.

Yee! I can hardly wait.
    there is no evidence for your big market theory. but your bitterness adds to my joy as a yankee fan.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '17 12:14
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    there is no evidence for your big market theory. but your bitterness adds to my joy as a yankee fan.
    Wrong again.

I did my own analysis long ago. Do this as an experiment if you DARE venture towards knowing the truth. I doubt you even want to know the truth since you are a Yankees fan.

Do this, take all the teams by payroll and split them right down the middle. Do this for any year really. Then take the top money teams and bottom money teams and add up their records. What you will find is that of the low money teams, a hand full will have a winning season and the vast majority a losing season. Then do the same for the top money teams. You will find the exact inverse. Of the top money teams, only a handful will have losing records and the rest will have winning records.

Now look at all of the world champions. Less than a hand full will be low money market teams. Go all the way back to the last baseball strike that ruined baseball by letting big money market teams dominate the low market teams.

I have to say, being a Reds fan it was sort of like watching the Reds play each other in the post season. Watching Jay Bruce, Todd Benzinger, Chapman, Edwin Encarcion, etc, I may as well have been watching my own Reds in the play offs cuz low market teams like the Reds are just a farm system for teams like your Yankees.

Every year its the same for the Reds. They do horrible but when one of their players starts doing well there is always talk of a trade to "rebuild".

LMAO!

Well, enough of me. Just discount everything I've said, put back on the blinders, and pretend that baseball is immune to the corruption and love of money unlike everything else in this world.

Enjoy! 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree