1. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    16 Nov '11 08:12
    Great game UF/Ohio State tonight. Anybody watch it? Gators have some work to do, Beal/Boynton tandem were quite rattled against heavy-D from guards of the Buckeyes...

Lots of great games last 24 hours... I know others share interest here 😉

Especially now that the NBA is defunctededed this season!
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 16:46
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Great game UF/Ohio State tonight. Anybody watch it? Gators have some work to do, Beal/Boynton tandem were quite rattled against heavy-D from guards of the Buckeyes...

Lots of great games last 24 hours... I know others share interest here 😉

Especially now that the NBA is defunctededed this season!
    I despise the NBA and only watch college ball when March madness rolls around. College basketball is not like college football. With college football every game is a playoff as where in basketball they are mere scrimmages.

Sure, both schools will be in March madness so what do these games really mean?

Wake me in March. 😴
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 17:42
    Originally posted by whodey

Wake me in March. 😴
    Better yet....don't!!!
  4. Seattle
    Moves
    21 Nov '11 02:04
    Love college basketball at all times because the kids go hard at all times. The top 25 teams are close in talent . . . even the top 40. Nothing like it.
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '11 23:18
    Originally posted by mrd35
    Love college basketball at all times because the kids go hard at all times. The top 25 teams are close in talent . . . even the top 40. Nothing like it.
    This. Plus you don't get into March if you don't win in November. Unless you are fortunate enough to play in one of the High Major conferences.
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 13:56
    Originally posted by mrd35
    I agree, these kids aren't sitting on the bench with million dollar contracts... they're usually from the area they play for, have little time there, and just the fighting spirit is so much more!

I live for the roar of the crowd when home teams score 😉
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 13:59
    I agree, these kids aren't sitting on the bench with million dollar contracts... they're usually from the area they play for, have little time there, and just the fighting spirit is so much more!

I live for the roar of the crowd when home teams score 😉
    Well, the "contracts" aren't for millions...true enough, but a 4 year college scholarship
    is worth between $120 - 200K depending on the university (across 4 years). That isn't
    chump change. However, not all players have scholarships on the teams...usually just
    the ones that play.
  8. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 15:09
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Well, the "contracts" aren't for millions...true enough, but a 4 year college scholarship
    is worth between $120 - 200K depending on the university (across 4 years). That isn't
    chump change. However, not all players have scholarships on the teams...usually just
    the ones that play.
    Point taken.. but you do see the difference.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 15:22
    Point taken.. but you do see the difference.
    Of course.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree