1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 02:39
    Read'em and weep fellas.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/668280.html

It seems that Palmetto Jaamal Berry, who is the top-ranked running back according to ESPN, says he has committed to Ohio State on Sunday.

I can just see him and Prior in the back field. Nice!!!!
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 07:34
    GO DUCKS!
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 14:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    Read'em and weep fellas.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/668280.html

It seems that Palmetto Jaamal Berry, who is the top-ranked running back according to ESPN, says he has committed to Ohio State on Sunday.

I can just see him and Prior in the back field. Nice!!!!
    Yep, they already have his monogrammed whirlpool being shipped to the campus. He will fit in well with all of the other dinged up RB's at OSU.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 13:12
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Let's check out your theory on the conferences. Just for grins, let's see just how many teams each of the respective conferences has in the top 25 rankings. I will list the team and their ranking before play began. The teams in bold lost their game yesterday.

[b]SEC - 6 teams

Georgia - 1
    Florida - 5
    LSU - 7
    Auburn -10
    Tennessee - 18
    Ala ...[text shortened]... by Utah. Pretty impressive to me. Oh, by the way, that was a Big 12 school that beat Illinois.[/b]
    Illinois is now in the Big 12?
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 15:28
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    Illinois is now in the Big 12?
    No, but Missouri, the team that beat Illinois is. Read what was written.
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 09:25
    Let's check out your theory on the conferences. Just for grins, let's see just how many teams each of the respective conferences has in the top 25 rankings. I will list the team and their ranking before play began. The teams in bold lost their game yesterday.

[b]SEC - 6 teams

Georgia - 1
    Florida - 5
    LSU - 7
    Auburn -10
    Tennessee - 18
    Ala ...[text shortened]... by Utah. Pretty impressive to me. Oh, by the way, that was a Big 12 school that beat Illinois.[/b]
    Strange...how did Tenn escape without being in bold letters?
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 09:29
    Having watched some football this year till this point, I will concede that my Buckeyes are not the best football team in college football. In fact, they are not one of the best 5 in college football. I would say, however, that they are a top 10 team. I just don't know where exactly they fall.

Of course, the only wild card is their new QB sensation Prio ...[text shortened]... , will will have to see how Penn State does the rest of the year. Otherwise I agree. Pfft!!
    Honestly? Stop being such a bitch. Ohio State is the second best (at worst) team in the nation behind USC - which everybody knows could change after week 3. We basically have the entire national championship team last year + 1 year of experience, that does include the best defense in the nation. In case that's not enough, we have Pryor to come in and add another threat for opposing defenses to deal with.

BTW: Beanie's injury isn't as significant as most people seem to be making it - our other three backs are very talented, particularly Saine, and Mo Wells is a senior who would start on most other teams in the BCS.
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 09:301 edit
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    I am not sure what you watched. But the Big East and the ACC were not good at all.
    (1) The Big east had three bad losses (and that is not counting Lousiville's 27-2 loss to Kentucky). Northwestern the tradition bottom team in the big 10 won by 20 against Syracuse. Pitt a ranked team (also at home) and some peoples Big East surprise lost by 10 to ly wasn't impressive and on a neutral field Clemson (a top 10 teams loses 34-10 to Alabama).
    NC State lost 34-0 to a SC team who just got beat by Vandy...

That looks pretty bad for both of those conferences.
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 09:33
    Yep, they already have his monogrammed whirlpool being shipped to the campus. He will fit in well with all of the other dinged up RB's at OSU.
    Who's dinged up? Are you talking about the one of our four 5 star tailbacks with a minor toe injury?

There's a reason we have so much depth - tailbacks get hurt.
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 17:32
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Honestly? Stop being such a bitch. Ohio State is the second best (at worst) team in the nation behind USC - which everybody knows could change after week 3. We basically have the entire national championship team last year + 1 year of experience, that does include the best defense in the nation. In case that's not enough, we have Pryor to come in and a ...[text shortened]... particularly Saine, and Mo Wells is a senior who would start on most other teams in the BCS.
    Heaven forbid that the Blackeyes should get into the championship game again and lay yet another egg. No thanks, I get tired of that tune.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 21:064 edits
    Honestly? Stop being such a bitch. Ohio State is the second best (at worst) team in the nation behind USC - which everybody knows could change after week 3. We basically have the entire national championship team last year + 1 year of experience, that does include the best defense in the nation. In case that's not enough, we have Pryor to come in and a particularly Saine, and Mo Wells is a senior who would start on most other teams in the BCS.
    I am only being a realist. The Buckeyes have preformed miserably in the last two NCG's. Why? After the first one I thought it was perhaps that they simply did not show up, however, after watching the second I soon realized that the SEC was simply that much better. I would add USC to the list, but that is about all.

Honestly, nothing would make me happier than my Buckeyes beating USC, but they have to prove themselves before I ever place my hopes on them again in that respect. Really the only thing that gives me hope is the addition of Pryor. The current QB they have now and who they had last year is not up to the task. Even though they beat Youngstown state 43-0 last weekend, OSU's QB simply held onto the ball to long last week, he is not a very fast runner, and he was throwing the ball over the middle much to often which probably would have resulted in picks against a very good team like USC. Mark my words, the QB for OSU WILL turn the ball over, probably more than once, and it will probably cost them the game as a result.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 21:36
    Strange...how did Tenn escape without being in bold letters?
    Look at the date it was written and you will see they hadn't yet played the game. Nice job!!
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 21:38
    Who's dinged up? Are you talking about the one of our four 5 star tailbacks with a minor toe injury?

There's a reason we have so much depth - tailbacks get hurt.
    We'll see hotshot.
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 23:25
    I am only being a realist. The Buckeyes have preformed miserably in the last two NCG's. Why? After the first one I thought it was perhaps that they simply did not show up, however, after watching the second I soon realized that the SEC was simply that much better. I would add USC to the list, but that is about all.

Honestly, nothing would make me happi ...[text shortened]... n the ball over, probably more than once, and it will probably cost them the game as a result.
    Boeckman is ok...plus he has that much more experience this year.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 01:27
    I think OU and tOSU's only chance at a MNC is to have everyone else slip up and let Bob Stoop's team battle it out with Tressel's. One of the two would have to finally win a BCS game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree