1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    3298
    11 Oct '09 18:481 edit
    ...just my opinion, but college football is much more entertaining than the pro's. College players make a few more mistakes, and tend to operate more on emotion. The quality is a bit more sloppy than the pro's of course, but flawed games can be pretty interesting. Pro football is just a little too perfect for my taste.😏
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    11 Oct '09 18:51
    Originally posted by bill718
    ...just my opinion, but college football is much more entertaining than the pro's. College players make a few more mistakes, and tend to operate more on emotion. The quality is a bit more sloppy than the pro's of course, but flawed games can be pretty interesting. Pro football is just a little too perfect for my taste.😏
    No argument there! College sports in general are more entertaining. NCAAF is by far the most entertaining. Lots of great rivalries, great games, player and fan emotion. Last nights' games were great indeed!
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    53351
    11 Oct '09 22:03
    Agreed. Every week if you lose your season's prospects can completely change. LSU is a great team and can win the rest of their games but they are pretty much out of the hunt for winning the SEC. Each week matters
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    11 Oct '09 22:29
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Agreed. Every week if you lose your season's prospects can completely change. LSU is a great team and can win the rest of their games but they are pretty much out of the hunt for winning the SEC. Each week matters
    I love LSU. They really hung in there and lost to a better team indeed, but could have won. Texas should have lost, pulls it off. Better looking cheerleaders in college too. Those LSU drum majorettes are truly the pick of the litter and the costumes are cute as well. Texas frilly ones are also attractive. The whole atmosphere is great. In the pros we never see a stadium-full of team colors. Better tailgte parties. Just better in general. I like that they review every questionable call. My only complaint is the silly excessive celebration rule after TD's. Game altering everytime we see it. Quells emotions too much.
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    34575
    12 Oct '09 04:43
    I also like that the guys on your college team remain somewhat consistent, if for a time. I had more interest in pro football before free agency; while free agency has been better for player wealth, I have a heck of a time keeping track of who is on what team and at some point I don't really care. I know who's on the Ducks and from the head coach down they're more accessible to me than any pro team will ever be.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    12 Oct '09 10:551 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    ...just my opinion, but college football is much more entertaining than the pro's. College players make a few more mistakes, and tend to operate more on emotion. The quality is a bit more sloppy than the pro's of course, but flawed games can be pretty interesting. Pro football is just a little too perfect for my taste.😏
    From what I have observed, I dare say it is the most popular sport in the US now. Of course, I have no statistics to back me up, rather, its just the impression I get. I will say it has become my favorite surpassing the dying sport of baseball.

    BTW: Have the Yankees won the world series yet...again? Hey how about those Red Sox and Angels? Its almost as if the playoffs have become an entitlement program for these teams. Those blasted liberals are at it again no doubt!! 😠
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    12 Oct '09 12:41
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Agreed. Every week if you lose your season's prospects can completely change. LSU is a great team and can win the rest of their games but they are pretty much out of the hunt for winning the SEC. Each week matters
    If LSU wins the rest of their games that would include November 7th at Alabama. If that happens, they'll win the SEC West and play in the SEC title game.
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    5542
    13 Oct '09 17:38
    One of the great things about college (and high school) football are the marching bands. Touchdowns aren't quite the same when they aren't accompanied by a rousing victory song.

    Another thing is that you can actually get tickets and go to the games without spending years on a waiting list and then spending through the nose
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    5542
    13 Oct '09 17:412 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    From what I have observed, I dare say it is the most popular sport in the US now. Of course, I have no statistics to back me up, rather, its just the impression I get. I will say it has become my favorite surpassing the dying sport of baseball.

    BTW: Have the Yankees won the world series yet...again? Hey how about those Red Sox and Angels? Its almost a ...[text shortened]... an entitlement program for these teams. Those blasted liberals are at it again no doubt!! 😠
    baseball is doing extremely well - (the money for all those mega-contracts is coming from somewhere). But football seems to be so much more popular because it's huge with the gamblers. For some reason, baseball has never been as big a gambling sport (Pete Rose being an exception). Perhaps there's something intoxicating about a point spread.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    13 Oct '09 17:57
    Too bad the Bowl system is garbage.
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    5542
    13 Oct '09 22:341 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Too bad the Bowl system is garbage.
    if they were just starting football at the college level now - there's no way anyone would've devised the current bowl system.

    the bowl system wasn't as bad when teams had to actually be GOOD in order to make it to a bowl. Now all you need to do is go 6-6 and you'll get to spend the holiday season peddling some sponsor's product.

    I'm surprised they don't have a Geico Lizard Bowl yet. They could offer tickets you can buy in 5 minutes that are 15% cheaper than in any other bowl.
Back to Top