Don't stop there man, pick the rest of the major bowls

Here are my picks.

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin over TCU

Sugar Bowl: Arkansas over OSU

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma over Connecticut

Cottin Bowl: LSU over Texas A&M

Organge Bowl: Stanford over Virginia Tech

NCG: Auburn over Oregon
    I'll pick them all eventually; maybe we should start another Bowl thread like a few years ago.

Needless to say I'm disappointed that Boise State was shut out of a top tier bowl against a BCS AQ conference opponent; the Holiday or Alamo against Nebraska or Oklahoma State would have been good destinations rather than matching those teams against Pac-10 ones who were barely bowl qualifiers. But the big conferences run the show in college football. The Broncos are in a no-win situation against Utah after the Utes collapsed against TCU and Notre Dame; anything less than a blowout will be cause for criticism and a blowout win will get a "so what?".
  2. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 09:41
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I'll pick them all eventually; maybe we should start another Bowl thread like a few years ago.

Needless to say I'm disappointed that Boise State was shut out of a top tier bowl against a BCS AQ conference opponent; the Holiday or Alamo against Nebraska or Oklahoma State would have been good destinations rather than matching those teams ...[text shortened]... ing less than a blowout will be cause for criticism and a blowout win will get a "so what?".
    I agree with all your pics except for Stanford/VT.. I think VT is a much better team than when they began..

Boise should not have lost to Nevada, they should have blown them out. BSU only have themselves to blame.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 10:03
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I agree with all your pics except for Stanford/VT.. I think VT is a much better team than when they began..

Boise should not have lost to Nevada, they should have blown them out. BSU only have themselves to blame.
    I didn't make any picks except TCU over Wisconsin.

Nevada is a strong team; they blew out Cal which almost upset Oregon. The game was a good one and Nevada played well but the Broncos still could have won if they had made a fairly easy FG by their usually reliable kicker. Such is life and college football.

That Boise State didn't make it to the BCS bowls is understandable but that such a narrow loss should have eliminated them from any of the other bowl games against good BCS AQ conferences is a disgrace.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 12:33
    I didn't make any picks except TCU over Wisconsin.

Nevada is a strong team; they blew out Cal which almost upset Oregon. The game was a good one and Nevada played well but the Broncos still could have won if they had made a fairly easy FG by their usually reliable kicker. Such is life and college football.

That Boise St ...[text shortened]... liminated them from any of the other bowl games against good BCS AQ conferences is a disgrace.
    I agree BSU got the shaft and should not have. Perhaps a new rule is in order whereby regardless of conference you only qualify for top tier bowls if you are in the top 20 rankings-wise. CT in a big bowl is indeed a travesty. I hope they get blown out by OU!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 13:55

Needless to say I'm disappointed that Boise State was shut out of a top tier bowl against a BCS AQ conference opponent; the Holiday or Alamo against Nebraska or Oklahoma State would have been good destinations rather than matching those teams ...[text shortened]... ing less than a blowout will be cause for criticism and a blowout win will get a "so what?".
    I agree that Utah should not go against Boise State. In fact, after the way they folded against subpar talent like ND, why would anyone want to play them? What a joke.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 17:27
    Just checking in to say yeah OU.

Pretty pathetic game if you ask me. OU's offensive line stinks. OU's defensive tackles stink. Nice job for the coaching staff to try to hide OU's lack of talent on the line. On defense we switched to a 3-5, bringing the ends down to the tackle slots and walking up linebackers on the outside. On the offensive line they like to switch out linemen to get the best match ups. I think we've got 4 decent linemen, but you are only as stong as your weakest link. If we have a bad match up, we move a good player to that spot and hide a weak player somewhere else.

I'm just glad Nebraska kept putting Martinez in there, he was really bad. The other guy who runs their 'wildcat' formation was much better.

Does U Conn have a good O line and D line? If so, OU may have problems. If not, then OU should be able to win out. I'm amazed at how things have fallen for OU. First they get to play a hobbled Nebraska team that has a coach that lives and dies by an injured freshman QB, then we draw U Conn. Bob Stoops should look like a great coach when this year is finished.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 20:43
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Just checking in to say yeah OU.

Pretty pathetic game if you ask me. OU's offensive line stinks. OU's defensive tackles stink. Nice job for the coaching staff to try to hide OU's lack of talent on the line. On defense we switched to a 3-5, bringing the ends down to the tackle slots and walking up linebackers on the outside. On the offensive line the ...[text shortened]... n we draw U Conn. Bob Stoops should look like a great coach when this year is finished.
    UConn is on the upswing and might surprise OU. I would never count them out. However, normally Stoops does well with time to prepare except when they overthink stuff. I've picked OU to win their bowl game.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 17:15
    You give Stoops too much credit. Time isn't the issue. It's if Bob is upset or not. If he's feeling pretty good, then the team plays poorly. If he's angry, then the team plays lights out.

The level of the talent you're playing has much to do with an upswing.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 20:20

Any PAC-10 team could beat BSU... ANY.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 21:461 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Any PAC-10 team could beat BSU... ANY.
    Tell that to Oregon State this year. Or to Oregon for the two years before.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 22:04
    I didn't say would I said could and I stand by that. BSU was good in past years but they are no good this year they need to move into a stronger conference.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 03:08
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I didn't say would I said could and I stand by that. BSU was good in past years but they are no good this year they need to move into a stronger conference.
    How many BSU games did you actually watch this year?

Probable answer: zero.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 17:28
    Could does not equal would.

Even Boise State has bad games. Only with a perfect storm would Boise lose, which is what happened this year. If Boise was in a better conference, then they would be more likely to run into a good team on a bad day. I believe that was the point of the comment.
  14. Joined
    01 Nov '10
    Moves
    01 Jan '11 21:26
    michigan llllllllooooossssssttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree