1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 18:24
    I am glad to see that their season is over and that they have no chance for the playoffs.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 18:33
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I am glad to see that their season is over and that they have no chance for the playoffs.
    I disagree. Their season is very much alive.
    They are playing every week for the right to draft Andrew Luck.

It is kind of twisted, but the one who wins..loses.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 20:31
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I disagree. Their season is very much alive.
    They are playing every week for the right to draft Andrew Luck.

It is kind of twisted, but the one who wins..loses.
    He will turn out to be like David Carr and Dan Marino.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 21:26
    He will turn out to be like David Carr and Dan Marino.
    I can see him becoming more like Marino than Carr.
    He will be the best QB that comes out of this draft to be sure.
    What will be interesting is if the colts win the pick, do they take him, or trade the pick
    and wait for Peyton to return?
  5. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 21:48
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I can see him becoming more like Marino than Carr.
    He will be the best QB that comes out of this draft to be sure.
    What will be interesting is if the colts win the pick, do they take him, or trade the pick
    and wait for Peyton to return?
    I think they should trade the pick (if they get it). They could probably bring a great player and a second round pick for it. The Colts need a lot more than just Peyton Manning to be healthy. Even if Manning comes back they need to establish a running game so he's not in jeopardy so much.
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 01:40
    "Suck for Luck " lol
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 02:101 edit
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    "Suck for Luck " lol
    His uncle is a real good friend of mine. I also have met Oliver a few times as well.
    They have been priming him for a run at the Heisman since he was in high school here.
    Their mantra is.... "Big Bucks for Luck"

You know it is kind of funny. Oliver was a back up QB for the Oilers, then he was head of NFL Europe,
    then he was the head of the Houston Dynamos soccer team, then he takes the AD job
    at his alma mater WV, and now WV is coming to the Big 12 so he can get back here on
    occasion. Oliver was a Rhodes Scholar. Andrew is smart too, but I don't think the Rhodes
    scholar is in his future. He will play a lot more than his Dad did.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 03:07
    Originally posted by dryhump
    I think they should trade the pick (if they get it). They could probably bring a great player and a second round pick for it. The Colts need a lot more than just Peyton Manning to be healthy. Even if Manning comes back they need to establish a running game so he's not in jeopardy so much.
    I'll bet the Colts could get an excellent package of picks for Manning. If so, I'd draft Luck and trade Manning for, say two #1 picks (hey, if Carson Palmer is worth a 1 and a 2, even though he's much younger, Manning has to be worth more).

The Colts aren't winning a title any time soon anyway. They might win 10 games again with Peyton, but the chance to have consecutive all time greats at QB and the picks it a great chance for them.

As for suitors, imagine if a good team without a great QB like the Ravens or 49ers or even the Bears put in a healthy Manning at QB... instant Super Bowl contenders.
  9. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 11:00
    Originally posted by sh76
    I'll bet the Colts could get an excellent package of picks for Manning. If so, I'd draft Luck and trade Manning for, say two #1 picks (hey, if Carson Palmer is worth a 1 and a 2, even though he's much younger, Manning has to be worth more).

The Colts aren't winning a title any time soon anyway. They might win 10 games again with Peyton, but the chance to hav ...[text shortened]... or 49ers or even the Bears put in a healthy Manning at QB... instant Super Bowl contenders.
    Getting Manning might be a huge headache for some coaches, though. I'll grant you he's great, but he's had it his own way for quite a while in Indy. Would he be willing to fit into someone's system?
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 13:04
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Getting Manning might be a huge headache for some coaches, though. I'll grant you he's great, but he's had it his own way for quite a while in Indy. Would he be willing to fit into someone's system?
    And, let's not forget the matter of his "sizable contract" that someone would be eating if
    they took on Manning in a trade.

I think a more likely scenario is that Manning stays with the Colts, and they trade the
    rights to Luck.

Or they draft Luck and then trade him.
  11. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 19:02
    Right you are. I've been a Dolphin fan for years, and it's a sad thing to see. They look like a total rebuild job!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree