1. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Nov '17 21:23
    In Scotland it's about £25 to watch a game of football for away fans
    £5 for under 18 at most stadium's apart from money grabbing Celtic £18 there just for kids.
    Just another reason to hate the bug fish.
    Been to man u £52 for two tickets last month one adult and one under 18.

Even cup final in 2014 when at Johnstone won the big one was responsible £60 for three tickets.

Just wondering how much it is to see an American football game?
    .someone told me it costs FIVE THOUSANDS DOLLARS TO GO TO THE SUPERBOWL just for an average ticket

That can't be true
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '17 21:431 edit
    www.vividseats.com/blog/2017-nfl-pricing-preview

Free on TV
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Nov '17 22:42
    Originally posted by @eladar
    www.vividseats.com/blog/2017-nfl-pricing-preview

Free on TV
    Surely better to go?
    Not just talking about the atmosphere and banter.
    But watching a game with a restricted view is more exciting than TV a shot wide and High looks much closer than the many TV replays and angles
    Plus the off the ball action hearing the players shouting at each other.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    12 Nov '17 23:03
    Originally posted by @roma45
    In Scotland it's about £25 to watch a game of football for away fans
    £5 for under 18 at most stadium's apart from money grabbing Celtic £18 there just for kids.
    Just another reason to hate the bug fish.
    Been to man u £52 for two tickets last month one adult and one under 18.

Even cup final in 2014 when at Johnstone won the big one was responsible £6 ...[text shortened]... FIVE THOUSANDS DOLLARS TO GO TO THE SUPERBOWL just for an average ticket

That can't be true
    I don't go to much live football but my missis does and she tells me the price of ticket for away fans varies from club to club as do season ticket prices.
    One way of stopping clubs ripping off the fans is simply not to go.
    If the grounds were emptier the price would come down but that's never going to happen.
    If I go out for a drink and I consider the price to be a rip off I don't buy there, but there's always those who will
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 00:29
    In the stands you are so far away it is difficult to see. I get a better of view of things on tv and at a much better price.

When your budget includes paying for kids and such watching games live isn't that important.

Maybe in ten to twenty years I'll have the extra money to burn.
  6. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 09:14
    Originally posted by @venda
    I don't go to much live football but my missis does and she tells me the price of ticket for away fans varies from club to club as do season ticket prices.
    One way of stopping clubs ripping off the fans is simply not to go.
    If the grounds were emptier the price would come down but that's never going to happen.
    If I go out for a drink and I consider the price to be a rip off I don't buy there, but there's always those who will
    Since football sold its soul to sky sports the fan is forgotten especially in England.
    The old traditional 3pm Saturday kick off seldom happens in the premier league for the top teams.
    To a lesser extent in Scotland too.
    Used to be easy to plan an away trip. Not anymore as game time and date can change.

The gate money is no longer the blood of a team the way it used to be. So fans have no real power anymore.
    TV money sponcers hospitality packages. Make up most of the income nowadays.
    I can take the kids to the cinema FIVE TIMES for the same cost as one away game. Tickets travel food etc just to get ripped off at every stage. £5. Or £10 just to park your car. Horrible over priced food. Aggressive police and stewards.

But given the choice we pick football every time.
    😀
  7. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 09:31
    Originally posted by @eladar
    In the stands you are so far away it is difficult to see. I get a better of view of things on tv and at a much better price.

When your budget includes paying for kids and such watching games live isn't that important.

Maybe in ten to twenty years I'll have the extra money to burn.
    Watching a game in the comfort of your own house
    Good view
    No toilet queues
    Clean toilet
    Free
    Beer if you want ( banned in all Scottish games)
    Warm ( try going to a Wednesday night game in Aberdeen away totally freezing)
    No idiots outside wanting to kick your head in

Yes many advantages for staying in and watching game on TV

But I still prefer to go.just can't beat the rush seeing your team win especially in enemy territory.
    The noise the bruises from celebrating. Memories that will last forever.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 12:32
    In the US you will find very few of those who are on the poor side of middle class or lower classes at games. Only middle class and above so mostly white people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree