Countdown?

Standard memberwhodey
Sports 02 Sep '07 00:59
  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 00:591 edit
    When will coach Carr get the axe? For those of you who do not know who I am talking about he is the head coach for Michigan and just recently lost to Appy State. LOL.

Will he get fired,
    1) Tomorrow?
    2) A week from now?
    3) At the end of the season?

Since I am a Buckeye fan, naturally I am hoping they will keep him forever, but one has to be realistic. Just how long can they put up with him?

Edit: Does anyone know what kind of car coach Tressel owns? You guessed it, it's a Loyd Carr. 😛
  2. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 01:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    When will coach Carr get the axe? For those of you who do not know who I am talking about he is the head coach for Michigan and just recently lost to Appy State. LOL.

Will he get fired,
    1) Tomorrow?
    2) A week from now?
    3) At the end of the season?

Since I am a Buckeye fan, naturally I am hoping they will keep him forever, but one has to be realisti ...[text shortened]... : Does anyone know what kind of car coach Tressel owns? You guessed it, it's a Loyd Carr. 😛
    Go Bagers!!!
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 02:11
    Originally posted by LivingForJesus
    Go Bagers!!!
    What??

Edit: BTW, nice win today.
  4. Standard memberhammster21
    Endgamer
    Wisconsin
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 06:06
    Originally posted by LivingForJesus
    Go Badgers!!!
    Yes, go badgers. 1 loss won't cause him to be fired. If they bounce back and have a strong year (ranked 10th or higher) They will keep him. If he doesn't, he probably be coaching in some lesser league next year(big 12, ACC, you know, the leagues that suck)
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 19:521 edit
    Originally posted by hammster21
    Yes, go badgers. 1 loss won't cause him to be fired. If they bounce back and have a strong year (ranked 10th or higher) They will keep him. If he doesn't, he probably be coaching in some lesser league next year(big 12, ACC, you know, the leagues that suck)
    Its not just the one loss, rather, it is the big picture. For example, before coach Cooper got fired by Ohio State, he had lost something like 9 out of 10 confrontations with Ohio States biggest rival which is Michigan. He then entered a Bowl against an unranked team and not only got beat, but got humiliated. Conversly, coach Carr has lost to Ohio State 5 times out of 6 tries and now has lost to a no name AA team his first game. For me, loosing to a AA team is a humiliation even thought the score may be close. In fact, one of the announcers on ESPN said that this may be the first time a AA team has beatten a A team. Perhaps coach Carr needs to loose to Ohio State 4 more times and then he will get fired like his counterpart coach Cooper?

Edit: Did I mention that coach Carr has lost something like the last 5 bowl games out of 6 tries?
  6. Joined
    24 Sep '07
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 21:20
    i think that he is a great coach it is just that they underestatmated there opponets so i think in a couple of years

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree