Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    18 Apr '11 02:29
    Both the Spurs and Lakers lost their Game 1's; the first time in NBA history that a 1 and 2 seed in the same conference had done so (under the present format which has been in effect since 1983). The Celtics pull one out at the wire after trailing most of the way against the Knicks. The Nuggets are taking it to the Thunder as I type.

Which one of these teams is actually going to lose their series? I kinda doubt the Hornets can play another three games like they did today; they turned the ball over only 3 times (an NBA playoff record) and Chris Paul couldn't miss. The Celts look really vulnerable but the Knicks might not be solid enough to take them out (and Big Shot Billups left the game with what looked like a possibly serious injury). On the other hand, the Grizzlies look hungry and the Spurs look old. Nuggets-Thunder looks like a tossup.

Any thoughts on these and the other series (I think the favorites will win those despite the Hawks taking game 1 from the Magic)?
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Do ya think?
    18 Apr '11 20:38
    The Lakers got raped. WTF happened to Phil and Kobes' legendary endgame comebacks?
  3. 20 Apr '11 22:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Both the Spurs and Lakers lost their Game 1's; the first time in NBA history that a 1 and 2 seed in the same conference had done so (under the present format which has been in effect since 1983). The Celtics pull one out at the wire after trailing most of the way against the Knicks. The Nuggets are taking it to the Thunder as I type.

Which o ...[text shortened]... series (I think the favorites will win those despite the Hawks taking game 1 from the Magic)?
    No disagreement on any of your thoughts! I really think Celts miss Perkins! However, they've shown true grit thus far! They may actually get stronger. Mavs have pulled off two gritty wins as well. I hope Lakers tank! Spurs do look very, very old!
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    23 Apr '11 16:46
    Celts smack down Knicks and Lakers go ahead in series. Looks like the first rounds are going as expected; we'll see what happens today in Memphis.
  5. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    25 Apr '11 14:23
    Celts sweep; Hornets pull even with Lakers. Hawks up 3-1 which is a bit of a surprise; Bulls and Heat are up 3-1 which is not. Thunder look good, Spurs still look old.
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Do ya think?
    26 Apr '11 04:34
    WTF is Kobe doing missing every free throw?
  7. Donation ketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    11 May '11 21:15
    RIP Robert "Tractor" Traylor