1. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 08:38
    Test cricket does require patience, it's not the sort of sport you can invest lightly in. That said, 20/20 is fast and fun, but personally I prefer test, always will, it's like chess on a field (which is strange, because I don't like chess much...). Anyway, I think the reason Seitse doesn't get it is the lack of familiarity. Cricket is a complex and unique game, it's not really anything like baseball, save for hitting a ball with a bat. The tactics are utterly different. Cricket has many rules and many positions all with odd names and all of which are part of the tactical setup.

Seitse, I suggest you ask a cricketer who's watching the game about it and learn more. As you get familiar with the rules, positions and tactics I think it will open up to you and you'll enjoy it a whole lot more. Maybe even get to love it.
  2. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 01:23
    Originally posted by Seitse
    To all cricket fans, please answer me something...

[b]What is it that you find entertaining in cricket?

I've tried to watch it in the TV and also there's a bunch of
    Indians and Pakistanis here who gather in a park close to
    my home and play it, and I've patiently observed the
    game.

And still... I don't get its thrill.

Please orientate me.[/b]
    I love the history and more so the traditions of the game. Just the small things that have carried on for so long, like the tea break, where traditionally you would take a break and have a nice cup of tea in the middle of a match. Plus the ebb and flow of the game, the swings in momentum, the raw aggression of the fast bowlers, the crafting of a wicket by the spinners, batsmen flicking a wrist and pinpoint driving the ball between two fielders... So much to like. Plus it is somewhat mediative to sit down and watch it or even better, listen to it on the radio.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree