1. Cyberspace
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 18:14
    India have won.....
    This one is for sachin.
    He has carried the burden f the nation for over 20 years. It was time for the rest to pay him back...
    Thank you guys.....
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 20:28
    Originally posted by arterioes
    India have won.....
    This one is for sachin.
    He has carried the burden f the nation for over 20 years. It was time for the rest to pay him back...
    Thank you guys.....
    Great scenes from Mumbai !!
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 10:56
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Great scenes from Mumbai !!
    even better being in the city 😉
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 11:042 edits
    Originally posted by trev33
    even better being in the city 😉
    i heard you were outside trying to sell a kidney to get a ticket! Sehwag gone for 2, Tendulkar for 18 and India still managed to win! is there no justice! 😛
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 14:46
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    And now it's Sri Lanka versus India. If they don't win it now, Tendulkar will never have any silverware. If only for his sake, I hope they do. Sorry to any Sri Lankans reading this, Muralitharan is also a great player, as are Malinga and Dilshan, but Sehwag and Tendulkar...

Richard
    That'll larn the boy to make predictions... right for all the wrong reasons.

Sehwag did nothing (well, almost nothing), Tendulkar did nothing. Muralitharan did nothing, Dilshan at least got 30 and a catch and Malinga got two wickets (including Sehwag's), but that's not stellar. Meanwhile, Jayawardene got a ton, and on the other side, Gambhir and Dhoni almost did.

Shows ya what I know...

Richard
  6. Cyberspace
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 18:451 edit
    Crowley
    Not bad with your predictions

"Predictions?

India. Obviously.
    Playing at home with fanatic support on slowish, turning pitches with a decent spin attack, they must be the favoured team. Sehwag, Tendulkar and Khan all fit and ready. Harbhajan is a nightmare to face on a spin friendly pitch."

"We just choke" - about SA

I'd like to borrow your crystal ball sometime.
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    05 Apr '11 07:42
    Originally posted by arterioes
    Crowley
    Not bad with your predictions

"Predictions?

India. Obviously.
    Playing at home with fanatic support on slowish, turning pitches with a decent spin attack, they must be the favoured team. Sehwag, Tendulkar and Khan all fit and ready. Harbhajan is a nightmare to face on a spin friendly pitch."

"We just choke" - about SA

I'd like to borrow your crystal ball sometime.
    Yeah, I was close-ish, but I really didn't rate Sri Lanka to get to the finals.

The SA prediction for world cup performance doesn't really need a crystal ball 😕
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 04:49
    India deserved the victory. Although they were only slightly better than Sri Lanka.
    After all, this is India's first world cup victory, and given the great players they have (and have had in the past), they were definately due...

Despite the tv commentators( the local news ones), saying it was a close match, the way I saw it , (or heard it on the radio), India were never in doubt to win, bar a major middle order upset.
    Despite the fact it got down to the last 10 balls, it was never in doubt and never as close as some of these commentators made out 😛
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 14:00
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    India deserved the victory. Although they were only slightly better than Sri Lanka.
    After all, this is India's first world cup victory, and given the great players they have (and have had in the past), they were definately due...

Despite the tv commentators( the local news ones), saying it was a close match, the way I saw it , (or heard it on the r ...[text shortened]... st 10 balls, it was never in doubt and never as close as some of these commentators made out 😛
    it's their second wc victory.

"India were never in doubt to win"

this also isn't ture.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 14:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i heard you were outside trying to sell a kidney to get a ticket! Sehwag gone for 2, Tendulkar for 18 and India still managed to win! is there no justice! 😛
    if i had a ticket i'd be outside the studium selling it for someone else's liver 😉

heard on tv that that the 10,000 rupee tickets where going for 150,000 rupees on the black market... i so wish i had got a ticket in that lottery the icc did.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '11 18:47
    Originally posted by trev33
    if i had a ticket i'd be outside the studium selling it for someone else's liver 😉

heard on tv that that the 10,000 rupee tickets where going for 150,000 rupees on the black market... i so wish i had got a ticket in that lottery the icc did.
    150,000 rupees is no small amount of money, gulp.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree