1. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 19:08
    Originally posted by Trev33
    This isn't just this season, a lot of Utd fans have been unhappy at the running of the club since a certain American family arrived. The squad has been getting consistently worse over the past few years, as is shown by the CL results.

Moyes was a bad appointment imo but he isn't the main problem, Fergie left a sinking ship and he knows it.
    I think 5 Premier League titles in 9 years against the spending of Chelski and City is a damn fine record. Although I think they have underachieved this season... but it's only one season. Just thank your lucky stars you are not a Portsmouth supporter ( I'm not really a supporter but they are my local team ).
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 19:28
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    I think 5 Premier League titles in 9 years against the spending of Chelski and City is a damn fine record. Although I think they have underachieved this season... but it's only one season. Just thank your lucky stars you are not a Portsmouth supporter ( I'm not really a supporter but they are my local team ).
    Plymouth Argyll mate!
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 16:29
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Chelsea declined in that period more than Utd due to spending £50 million on Torres who did nothing and changing managers every season. City have had problems getting their team together, as did Chelsea when they first started spending, last year they just didn't play for Mancini, no way that Utd should have won the league so easily, any Utd fan will tell you they won a lot of games they shouldn't have.

This season it's all finally catching up on them, plus half of the reasons Utd were winning with such a mediocre squad was because people feared playing them because of Fergie. Take him away and a couple of early bad results and it snow balled. Plus I've said in a million times that Van Persie was the other msin reason why Utd won the league and this season has been mostly injured so there's a few factors. Lack of quality summer signings the other.

I don't think Moyes is right for the job, I said it as soon as he was appointed and I#m sure he'll be sacked next season around Christmas if they're not challenging for the title. Could be 20 years to the next title unless the owner put their hands in their pockets during the summer... doubt they will though.

Was good while it lasted though, I'm used to supporting a crappy team (NY Mets) so I won't be one of the fans who disappear.
  4. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 16:47
    Well.. they probably won't want him back at Everton.. who are over-achieving this season.
  5. Utrecht
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 16:08
    Van Gaal is available next season. If Man wants him around to play a game you've never seen before at the Theatre of Dreams, a verbal smack for the reporters and brush away some typical English hollow politeness when the mic. is on, he will be the Manager next season.
    He was seen last week at Vitesse - Ajax in the Netherlands next to Van Persie. Maybe that means someting?
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 12:15
    Originally posted by Sake
    Theatre of Dreams
    I almost spit out my coffee when I read this!

This nickname alone is enough to make me really hate a team.
  7. Utrecht
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 13:02
    I know, a silly name. Dreams about zombies are more fun, but van Gaal will be the next manager and Moyes leaves after this season with a pocket full of money. With van Gaal in the house, there will be noise. Succes needs time, and Man hasn't got the patience. Interesting times there.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 12:28
    I know, a silly name. Dreams about zombies are more fun, but van Gaal will be the next manager and Moyes leaves after this season with a pocket full of money. With van Gaal in the house, there will be noise. Succes needs time, and Man hasn't got the patience. Interesting times there.
    van gaal is too old for man u. they want another long term manager like fergy. i wouldnt be surprised if went for martinez or simeone.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 21:22
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    van gaal is too old for man u. they want another long term manager like fergy. i wouldnt be surprised if went for martinez or simeone.
    Martinez is really an awesome manager, its unbelievable what he has achieved almost.
  10. Utrecht
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 14:59
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    That's why MU wants him. He cleans the house, do the beds, brings the kids to school, walks the Spaniel and is a prick for a cosy chat near the fireplace. He can make MU swing again. If he fits with the English (phony i.m.o.) good manners when someone disagrees with him is a serious question for the club.
    He spoke with the club last week.
  11. Utrecht
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 15:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Martinez is really an awesome manager, its unbelievable what he has achieved almost.
    Great manager. So is Simeone, what he managed with Atletico is brilliant.
    But MU needs own youth. A club that only buys, has no future. Therefor: Van Gaal.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 20:02
    Great manager. So is Simeone, what he managed with Atletico is brilliant.
    But MU needs own youth. A club that only buys, has no future. Therefor: Van Gaal.
    Its no coincidence that he studied under the special one José Mourinho as did Brendan Rogers!
  13. Utrecht
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 12:06
    Who, Simeone or van Gaal?
  14. In your face
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 01:01
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I almost spit out my coffee when I read this!

This nickname alone is enough to make me really hate a team.
    Keep on hating dude. It's all that you are good at.
  15. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 12:44
    Next

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree