denman

Standard memberwideawake
Sports 14 Mar '08 21:57
  1. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 21:571 edit
    how awesome did denman look today........ okay kauto star didnt run to anywhere near what he can, but on that performance by denman he will take all the beating even for next years gold cup...........does anyone else agree?
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 22:03
    Originally posted by wideawake
    how awesome did denman look today........ okay kauto star didnt run to anywhere near what he can, but on that performance by denman he will take all the beating even for next years gold cup...........does anyone else agree?
    Agreed. I thought it'd be much closer, maybe the injury scare after Ascot did have an impact on KS's prep, or they also said the ground was against him. All excuses though - Denman looked class.

Credit to Nicholls for bringing the 3rd place home too for an unprecedented 1-2-3. (5/1 if you'd looked for that this morning on Sky Bet).
  3. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 22:30
    The forcast paid 4.5 to 1 - so I'm sure the tricast would pay more.
    Denman was a true winner - knocked the stuffing out of Kauto.

Will take a lot of beating next year - would like to see a rematch maybe in the king george
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 23:36
    Originally posted by invigorate
    The forcast paid 4.5 to 1 - so I'm sure the tricast would pay more.
    Denman was a true winner - knocked the stuffing out of Kauto.

Will take a lot of beating next year - would like to see a rematch maybe in the king george
    sorry... to clarify, the 5/1 was on a Gold Cup special that Nicholls would bring the first 3 home. I'm sure the Tricast was better value, especially as the markets moved through the day.

There's talk of Denman targetting the Gold Cup and National double in 2009... is that a wise move?
  5. Joined
    22 Oct '03
    Moves
    17 Mar '08 07:11
    It was a great race-looking forward to next year allready!
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 21:08
    On Denman. in the King george I would back Kauto flatter course shorter distance and speed at the end might tell

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree