1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 00:32
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Apparently, there are those who cant handle a compliment. Die with your stinkin Tigers
    Mighty thin gruel for a compliment.

Mark my words, though. If the Tigers win tomorrow, they will also win Sunday.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 03:41
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Mighty thin gruel for a compliment.

Mark my words, though. If the Tigers win tomorrow, they will also win Sunday.
    Mark my words. Scherzer, Verlander, absolutely lights out. Problem is, they got to throw a whole lot of pitches because we dont swing at junk. All we need out of our lads is to get us to the 7th and then its all over. Your guys have to pitch one of those epic 120 pitch games to win, Its just not going to happen. They were already wore out last time. You need a bullpen man.....when its all over, the team that doesnt swing at bad pitches will win the day. Sox in 6, good job Cardinals, the great 2012 Boston salary dump is looking sweet right about now.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 03:32
    Mark my words. Scherzer, Verlander, absolutely lights out. Problem is, they got to throw a whole lot of pitches because we dont swing at junk. All we need out of our lads is to get us to the 7th and then its all over. Your guys have to pitch one of those epic 120 pitch games to win, Its just not going to happen. They were already wore out last time. You nee ...[text shortened]... ox in 6, good job Cardinals, the great 2012 Boston salary dump is looking sweet right about now.
    Hmmm...I'm beginning to think that Detroit may not win this one after all.
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 04:10
    Mark my words. Scherzer, Verlander, absolutely lights out. Problem is, they got to throw a whole lot of pitches because we dont swing at junk. All we need out of our lads is to get us to the 7th and then its all over. Your guys have to pitch one of those epic 120 pitch games to win, Its just not going to happen. They were already wore out last time. You nee ...[text shortened]... ox in 6, good job Cardinals, the great 2012 Boston salary dump is looking sweet right about now.
    If you take this.......
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 04:14
    Sox don't swing at bad pitches. All your "aces" will have 100 pitch counts before they can see the fifth, then that about wraps it up. Plus your prime slugger has paralysis below the waist at the moment, I like our chances. Juggernaut? Never heard of it. Heard of Red Sox Nation, never Detroit Tiger Nation.....I say 6 games, then its lights out for the Tigers ...[text shortened]... lights out meaning series over, I wasnt talking about your street lights, theyre already out.🙂
    And combine it with this, boblas' "2013 World Series Picks Is Now Officially Open. For the slim fee of $19.95 I will give the winner and run spread to each Sox -Cardinal Series Game. Send check or money order to Grand Cayman Acct #27398-22B 12 hours before game time.
  6. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 11:03
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    He's a Detroit fan. Why do you think he would root for Boston??
    Because he didn't want to see another Cardinals Tigers series. Since I knew the Cards were going to win game 6 I was suggesting he should root for Boston to achieve his desired outcome of not seeing a Detroit St Louis series.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 13:311 edit
    :'(
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '13 01:07
    Maybe we should start a thread for next year. Will Detroit win or the Red Sox?
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Oct '13 20:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    Maybe we should start a thread for next year. Will Detroit win or the Red Sox?
    I would be willing to bet you a small fortune that neither does.
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 20:15
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Does anyone really think that the lowly Boston Red Sox have a ghost of a chance against the mighty Detroit Tigers juggernaut? I think that when the Red Sox are down 3-0 they'll just forfeit the last game rather than suffer the humiliation of another crushing defeat.
    The parade was absolutely fantastic. Looking for a Patriots-Bruins trifecta this year. You never know........
  11. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 22:41
    The parade was absolutely fantastic. Looking for a Patriots-Bruins trifecta this year. You never know........
    Not happening. A Seahawks - Chiefs game would be like old times considering the sb is being held at met life stadium. The seahawks are old school with the kind of style just before Bill Walsh when the power run game was presided over by long ballers and a short pass was almost unheard of while the Chiefs go all the way back to the days when the qb just handed the ball off.
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    17 Nov '13 00:09
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    Not happening. A Seahawks - Chiefs game would be like old times considering the sb is being held at met life stadium. The seahawks are old school with the kind of style just before Bill Walsh when the power run game was presided over by long ballers and a short pass was almost unheard of while the Chiefs go all the way back to the days when the qb just handed the ball off.
    I agree in part, I love what Smith is doing in KC after losing his job in SF. If the Pats cant go, I am rooting for the Chiefs. STILL see the Pats with a little injury recovery having a chance, would love to see them catch a dome team like NO out side in February on a nice 5 degree day. Manning sucks in the cold, he will probably dump a playoff game at home if its cold enough, he doesnt have that nice climate controlled dome anymore
  13. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    17 Nov '13 07:11
    I agree in part, I love what Smith is doing in KC after losing his job in SF. If the Pats cant go, I am rooting for the Chiefs. STILL see the Pats with a little injury recovery having a chance, would love to see them catch a dome team like NO out side in February on a nice 5 degree day. Manning sucks in the cold, he will probably dump a playoff game at home if its cold enough, he doesnt have that nice climate controlled dome anymore
    No doubt. Patriots will be a tough out but can Gronk and Amendola stay off the inactive list that long? There are a lot of tough teams in the AFC this year but it's like the seahawks in the NFC, if those chiefs get home field I don't see them losing until the sb. However, one can never count out Brady and B Bcheck.
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    17 Nov '13 16:00
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    No doubt. Patriots will be a tough out but can Gronk and Amendola stay off the inactive list that long? There are a lot of tough teams in the AFC this year but it's like the seahawks in the NFC, if those chiefs get home field I don't see them losing until the sb. However, one can never count out Brady and B Bcheck.
    Yup, as always, it seems like the least injured team will get to the big game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree