1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 19:45
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    What is wrong with the math?
    What's 24+3 and how many points did the Pats have?
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 19:521 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    What's 24+3 and how many points did the Pats have?
    Oh darn my bad. I was thinking a field goal would tie it up. 😳 I win the dumb ass award. 😞
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 19:571 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    confused by your punt and go to over time statement..? And they were down by 4 points, so a field goal did nothing?

Also, I think Lynch had a pretty decent game running, I'd have to look at the stats though.. the Pats couldn't run much at all..
    Yup.. Lynch had 24 carries and ended the game with 102 yds, averaging 4.2 yds per carry.. that hardly says the Pats stopped the hawks running game..
    Yep, I really had the score screwed up. I thought that there was only a 3 point difference. Gad damn New England. Fk'res.

I wasn't saying New England stopped the running game. But there were a lot of times New England was able to stuff the line. And on the goal line it is much harder to run against a decent defensive line that isn't spread out.
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 22:24
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Yep, I really had the score screwed up. I thought that there was only a 3 point difference. Gad damn New England. Fk'res.

I wasn't saying New England stopped the running game. But there were a lot of times New England was able to stuff the line. And on the goal line it is much harder to run against a decent defensive line that isn't spread out.
    Yup. you're right, and Vince Wolfolk is a huge mass of body to move. Easy for me to arm chair this one..
    It also looked to me that the intended receiver was bumped pretty hard by that DB before the ball got there,, but once again, it is what it is hey?
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 23:12
    Whatever it was it'll go down as one of the most memorable plays in SB history... will be interesting to see how Seattle bounce back.

Wonder if Brady can get a 5th?
  6. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 00:49
    Whatever it was it'll go down as one of the most memorable plays in SB history... will be interesting to see how Seattle bounce back.

Wonder if Brady can get a 5th?
    Brady could,, but they need a running game,, so what if they grabbed Marshawn Lynch? I do think he's a free agent, have no idea what the Patriots have for spending money.. Curious if either Ray Rice, or Adrian Peterson get back in the NFL now.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 04:33
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Brady could,, but they need a running game,, so what if they grabbed Marshawn Lynch? I do think he's a free agent, have no idea what the Patriots have for spending money.. Curious if either Ray Rice, or Adrian Peterson get back in the NFL now.
    Their running game isn't terrible but you're right if they did manage to land on of the top running backs they'd have to be considered as one of if not the favorite next season. Lynch would be a sweet edition.

I thought Rice was eligible now? Can't see why he wouldn't be picked up... people make mistakes and money talks.
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 21:04
    Their running game isn't terrible but you're right if they did manage to land on of the top running backs they'd have to be considered as one of if not the favorite next season. Lynch would be a sweet edition.

I thought Rice was eligible now? Can't see why he wouldn't be picked up... people make mistakes and money talks.
    Being a lifelong New Englander and Pats fan, I can assure you these guys will not play in New England, they command too much of a salary. Lynch will especially get top dollar, the philosophy here is to spread out the money and get quality players throughout the lineup. So many teams pay a mega star or two all the dough, the fans go every year to watch these guys but they can't close, Peterson being an excellent example.
  9. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 21:05
    On top of the last post, I have to say that Lynch brings the burden of being a jerk. He is an absolute PR nightmare, it's too bad, he's a fantastic RB

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree