1. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 06:582 edits
    LOL! Of course, a former big east team now in the "big 12."

When did the Mountaineers lose their defense? Who told them they could compete with the "arguably" best conference in CFB? I'm stunned.

Of course the SEC has shaken up the standings again. Florida sacked LSU, and the Chickens from S. Carolina spanked the Dawgs.. Rooster Crow anyone?

Oh, and I forgot to say, poor pitiful Mizzou. Weren't they better over "there?" They lost to Eh HEM... VANDERBILT

Hook 'em Horns is all I got to say 😛
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 15:12
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    LOL! Of course, a former big east team now in the "big 12."

When did the Mountaineers lose their defense? Who told them they could compete with the "arguably" best conference in CFB? I'm stunned.

Of course the SEC has shaken up the standings again. Florida sacked LSU, and the Chickens from S. Carolina spanked the Dawgs.. Rooster Crow anyone?

Oh, a ...[text shortened]... ere?" They lost to Eh HEM... VANDERBILT

Hook 'em Horns is all I got to say 😛
    Yeah, let's look at that Smooks. The #8 team in the country beat the #11 team in the
    country 48-45.

They are both BIG 12 teams too.

Take a look in the rankings and you will find several BIG 12 teams in the top 25

Indeed Hook'em Horns.
  3. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 09:43
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Yeah, let's look at that Smooks. The #8 team in the country beat the #11 team in the
    country 48-45.

They are both BIG 12 teams too.

Take a look in the rankings and you will find several BIG 12 teams in the top 25

Indeed Hook'em Horns.
    I thought for sure Texas would beat the Mountaineers.. not to long ago they were known as a basketball school.

They've obviously "fit the mold" with that conference. All play action, NO D.

Seriously though, I think K State is the forerunner. I've watched a couple games of theirs, namely Miami game and Oklahoma.

They look awesome.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 15:25
    I thought for sure Texas would beat the Mountaineers.. not to long ago they were known as a basketball school.

They've obviously "fit the mold" with that conference. All play action, NO D.

Seriously though, I think K State is the forerunner. I've watched a couple games of theirs, namely Miami game and Oklahoma.

They look awesome.
    WV has been a football school for several years now.

Their record against ranked teams is number 1 or 2 I believe I read over the last 4 seasons.

I am not sure if WV and Texas' defenses are that bad, or if their offenses are that good.

Either way, UT has to re-group because we have OU this week and Baylor next week.
  5. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 21:581 edit
    Shouldn't that be T.U. ?
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 00:41
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Shouldn't that be T.U. ?
    No it is THE UNIVERSITY of TEXAS!!

are you an aggie boy??????😉😛
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 01:29
    No it is THE UNIVERSITY of TEXAS!!

are you an aggie boy??????😉😛
    If I was from A and M I would have made it t.u.? I am more of the Fayetteville persuasion.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 03:38
    Originally posted by gambit3
    If I was from A and M I would have made it t.u.? I am more of the Fayetteville persuasion.
    we spell it this way: eaTme
  9. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 14:44
    WV has been a football school for several years now.

Their record against ranked teams is number 1 or 2 I believe I read over the last 4 seasons.

I am not sure if WV and Texas' defenses are that bad, or if their offenses are that good.

Either way, UT has to re-group because we have OU this week and Baylor next week.
    If UT can get by 1 or both of them, the real test is in K-State.. "Calvin" Klein does it all. I've seen them play twice and they're very impressive!
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 18:16
    If UT can get by 1 or both of them, the real test is in K-State.. "Calvin" Klein does it all. I've seen them play twice and they're very impressive!
    We have to get by OU, Baylor, Texas Tech and TCU (although they should be easier
    now that Paschal has left school) BEFORE they can worry about K-State!!
  11. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 03:38
    We have to get by OU, Baylor, Texas Tech and TCU (although they should be easier
    now that Paschal has left school) BEFORE they can worry about K-State!!
    I do believe the Big 12 (10 teams, right?) is probably the 2nd best conference this year.

You know as well as most that the UT machine has a large fan-base. Their conference may not be collapsing as quickly as "some" of the media have reported.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 04:43
    I do believe the Big 12 (10 teams, right?) is probably the 2nd best conference this year.

You know as well as most that the UT machine has a large fan-base. Their conference may not be collapsing as quickly as "some" of the media have reported.
    We actually upgraded. We traded a&m and Mizzou and got West Virginia and TCU.
  13. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 06:09
    We actually upgraded. We traded a&m and Mizzou and got West Virginia and TCU.
    A&M seem like b*tches to me, they couldn't get past the UT shadow. They have always been a good team. Boo hoo. I"m not sure moving to a tougher conference will set them right.

For now, West "by God" Virginia and TCU are very good.. let's see how long that lasts..
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 13:30
    A&M seem like b*tches to me, they couldn't get past the UT shadow. They have always been a good team. Boo hoo. I"m not sure moving to a tougher conference will set them right.

For now, West "by God" Virginia and TCU are very good.. let's see how long that lasts..
    I think in the long haul, a&m will regret their move, but then, no one ever accused
    them of being smart!!
  15. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 04:22
    I think in the long haul, a&m will regret their move, but then, no one ever accused
    them of being smart!!
    Well A&M get a big test next Saturday in their own house against the Bayou Bengals..

UT today, ouch!! gave up 63 pts? and WVU in Lubbock, how crazy was that??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree