1. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 08:46
    Originally posted by @eladar
    How often is the pitcher's bat a deciding factor in the game.

The same kind of thing happens in football and quarterbacks.

The rest of the team doesn't matter and simpletons only compare the star player.
    A team is a team bozo. Everybody plays their part. Not everyone scores the tries, goals, or hits the runs etc. but are totally involved with other facets of the game. Coach yeah sure.......you've got to be joking. You obviously know basically nothing about sport.
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 10:39
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Er you guys talking about rounders?
    Another British sport bastardised by the USA.
    Was just checking it out. Rounders seems to be a much more exciting game that baseball. They even catch the ball unassisted unlike baseball where they need a mitt that makes their hand about 10 times bigger
  3. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 18:10
    I never understood why people claim players who never actually square off would go against each other.

Pitchers pitch against batters, not other pitchers.
    It's not about the pitchers batting against each other. It's about pitchers dueling in the same game, same conditions, same stakes. Like Track or Golf, or any sport where you compete against a time, a distance, or a course, the human element adds the real adrenaline to the game. You can't help but want to better what the other guy does.
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 19:11
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    Was just checking it out. Rounders seems to be a much more exciting game that baseball. They even catch the ball unassisted unlike baseball where they need a mitt that makes their hand about 10 times bigger
    I forgot about the mitts.
    Our kids wear large foam novelty hands like that to football games.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 19:13
    Originally posted by @john-osmar
    It's not about the pitchers batting against each other. It's about pitchers dueling in the same game, same conditions, same stakes. Like Track or Golf, or any sport where you compete against a time, a distance, or a course, the human element adds the real adrenaline to the game. You can't help but want to better what the other guy does.
    Against the opponent's batters.

That's what the comparison is missing.

You can have a much better pitcher lose to a far inferior pitcher if the inferior pitcher has the better team behind him. If the great pitcher has no defense and has no hitting, an inferior pitcher can easily win if his hitters and defense are top notch.

Simply comparing pitchers is ridiculous.
  6. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 19:34
    Against the opponent's batters.

That's what the comparison is missing.

You can have a much better pitcher lose to a far inferior pitcher if the inferior pitcher has the better team behind him. If the great pitcher has no defense and has no hitting, an inferior pitcher can easily win if his hitters and defense are top notch.

Simply comparing pitchers is ridiculous.
    Wow another sport you know everything about you coach baseball as well?
    Some questions.

1) why do the players run anticlockwise?
    2) why do they only play in a tiny corner? Why not have a smaller field or play in the middle?
    3) why wear huge gloves
    4) why do they split all the time?

Serious questions
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 22:46
    Wow another sport you know everything about you coach baseball as well?
    Some questions.

1) why do the players run anticlockwise?
    2) why do they only play in a tiny corner? Why not have a smaller field or play in the middle?
    3) why wear huge gloves
    4) why do they split all the time?

Serious questions
    Everything? No, but I did play baseball and watched a lot of baseball in my youth.

I find it interesting that you believe you know enough about baseball to comment.
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 23:25
    Everything? No, but I did play baseball and watched a lot of baseball in my youth.

I find it interesting that you believe you know enough about baseball to comment.
    He wasn't commenting he was asking legitimate questions.

Besides, he has been watching rounders all his life which is the game that baseball borrowed all it's rules from.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 00:00
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    He wasn't commenting he was asking legitimate questions.

Besides, he has been watching rounders all his life which is the game that baseball borrowed all it's rules from.
    No he wasn't. He was being an ass, just like you.

You claim your rugby players don't use steroids, I provide a link proving you wrong.

You say your rugby players don't beat women, I provide a link proving otherwise.

How do you react? By being an ass.
  10. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 02:40
    No he wasn't. He was being an ass, just like you.

You claim your rugby players don't use steroids, I provide a link proving you wrong.

You say your rugby players don't beat women, I provide a link proving otherwise.

How do you react? By being an ass.
    On this thread ? Whereabouts ?

Pretty sad you have to resort to name calling due to your total ignorance on a topic.

Roma asked a relevant question without name calling and you react like a simpleton. If you don't want to answer the question just ignore it. Don't be ignorant.
  11. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 08:18

If you don't know that's fine
    But your lack of any sports knowledge can mean only only thing.

You played dungeons and dragons all your life and hand around in library's.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 10:382 edits
    If you don't know that's fine
    But your lack of any sports knowledge can mean only only thing.

You played dungeons and dragons all your life and hand around in library's.
    I started playing chess when I was nearly 40. I did not play Dungeons and Dragons.

I was a smart jock. I was an all conference football player in both high school and college. I was even recruited by a division one school.

I doubt you know what that means, but it meant I was pretty good.

I grew up playing sports. To me that means I actually played because I was always one of the best on the team. If I didn't start I would say I was on the team, played means I actually saw playing time.

I really doubt you have a clue about what I am saying because you are the one who always got picked last.
  13. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 11:05
    I started playing chess when I was nearly 40. I did not play Dungeons and Dragons.

I was a smart jock. I was an all conference football player in both high school and college. I was even recruited by a division one school.

I grew up playing sports. To me that means I actually played b ...[text shortened]... doubt you have a clue about what I am saying because you are the one who always got picked last.
    Total BS
    You can't answer a simple question on any sport.
    Being a big fish in a small pond does not make you good at sports.
    Above average perhaps but not good.
    You were a smart jock?
    But ended up in a job you hate dreaming of becoming a librarian. Great life you have
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 12:55

I grew up playing sports. To me that means I actually played b ...[text shortened]... doubt you have a clue about what I am saying because you are the one who always got picked last.
    Hey, nice dream. I dreamt that I played for Australia in Rugby League.

Nothing like a good dream.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 00:04
    Question: What was the score when Verlander left the game?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree