1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 16:09
    Another victory!

If they beat the Bills next week they could be in first place. The end of the year game with the Jets is looking huge.

(I'm not saying the Fins will go anywhere in the playoffs but it's a big turnaround from last year)

Is it the Coach? Is it Parcells? Is it all Joey Porter on D??
  2. Seattle, WA
    Moves
    05 Dec '08 03:51
    Hey dolphin boy its me why dont you post on the Titans forum anymore? I am the seahawk so i am thinking dolphins in the playoffs? No way they are really bad.
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    05 Dec '08 04:23
    Originally posted by eddzojohn
    Hey dolphin boy its me why dont you post on the Titans forum anymore? I am the seahawk so i am thinking dolphins in the playoffs? No way they are really bad.
    Not a titans fan...just think they will win the SBowl.

Fins can make the playoffs. Can't see them getting anywhere beyond MAYBE the first round but it's a big turnaround from the disaster last year. A playoff appearance should be the story of the nfl year imo.
  4. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 07:06
    Originally posted by uzless
    Not a titans fan...just think they will win the SBowl.

Fins can make the playoffs. Can't see them getting anywhere beyond MAYBE the first round but it's a big turnaround from the disaster last year. A playoff appearance should be the story of the nfl year imo.
    Don't look now.. but the Fins are tied for 1st in the AFC East!!!

Did anyone think this at the start of the season? No one I know.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 12:24
    How about that , ahem, impressive win by the Pats over the Sehawks yesterday??? Looks like they are going to go far. Pats, Jets and Dolphins all tied for the top spot. Still have to think the Jets will survive out of that group, but the fish are hanging tough and playing well. Can't really say the same for the Brady(less) Bunch though.
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 05:46
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    How about that , ahem, impressive win by the Pats over the Sehawks yesterday??? Looks like they are going to go far. Pats, Jets and Dolphins all tied for the top spot. Still have to think the Jets will survive out of that group, but the fish are hanging tough and playing well. Can't really say the same for the Brady(less) Bunch though.
    looks like it'll come down to the last game of the season with Jets vs Dolphins
  7. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 05:52
    looks like it'll come down to the last game of the season with Jets vs Dolphins
    Both the Fins and the Jets have a lot to lose this weekend.

Hopefully, the Seahawks will kick butt>>>>>>>>>
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 12:00
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Both the Fins and the Jets have a lot to lose this weekend.

Hopefully, the Seahawks will kick butt>>>>>>>>>
    Dolphins have the D...i just wish the offence could get a few more points per game. It will be their downfall.
  9. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 11:39
    Dolphins have the D...i just wish the offence could get a few more points per game. It will be their downfall.
    Unfortunately the Dolphin offense is not designed to score a lot of points. They rely on ball control, not turning the ball over and the short, safe passing game. Much of that is due to fact that, as yet, we don't have the "game breaker" at wide out! Maybe this year's draft?
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 15:261 edit
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    Unfortunately the Dolphin offense is not designed to score a lot of points. They rely on ball control, not turning the ball over and the short, safe passing game. Much of that is due to fact that, as yet, we don't have the "game breaker" at wide out! Maybe this year's draft?
    I'm a dolphins fan, but even if they had an all-star WR, I don't think Pennington has the arm to get it down the field safely. I think if he starts tossing 20+ yard passes, the interceptions would pile up.
  11. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 17:05
    I'm a dolphins fan, but even if they had an all-star WR, I don't think Pennington has the arm to get it down the field safely. I think if he starts tossing 20+ yard passes, the interceptions would pile up.
    I agree completely about Pennington, that's why I mentioned "the short, safe passing game. I would rather imagine that Chad Henne will get a lot of reps next exhibition season.

BTW, I've been a DolFan since 1970 when Shula took over. In the early 70's, Czonka, Kiick and Manny Fernandez were customers of mine, I cut up wild boar they had hunted in the 'Glades. Czonk's wife was a regular at the Winn Dixie were I worked.
  12. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 04:26
    I'm not sure I agree. The few passes he's thrown for 20+ yards have been right on the money. Did you see the 61 yard pass he made to David Martin in the first half against San Fran? Martin didn't have to turn around, it laid right in his arms. He bobbled it a bit, but TD!

Pennington's had tons of protection lately, and I believe that's one of the biggest factors in his success of late.
  13. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 04:481 edit
    OMG! The forecasted temperature at game time is 7 degrees F for the KC game, possibly soaring to a scorching 11 as a high!!!! The fish better bring their Longies!
  14. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 06:10
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    OMG! The forecasted temperature at game time is 7 degrees F for the KC game, possibly soaring to a scorching 11 as a high!!!! The fish better bring their Longies!
    Indeed!
  15. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 06:27
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    Indeed!
    Ball control, and good blocking must be they key.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree