Moves
    13 Nov '19 13:33
    Anyone with a reaction on this?

-VR
  2. Joined
    12 Nov '19
    Moves
    14 Nov '19 01:54
    He was telling the truth and I hope he doesn't give an apology for telling the truth.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Nov '19 13:18
    @e3-e6-system said
    He was telling the truth and I hope he doesn't give an apology for telling the truth.
    He says he isn't in an interview I heard, but says he would have worded it a little differently and said 'everyone' instead of 'you people'. He said after he said that he knew it was a mistake, but he gets all heated up when it comes to the war vets!!! Has supported the troops and poppies for years now. He is 85 now and you have to be politically correct. He never was actually for over 30 years, I believe it was. Saturday nights will not be the same without him. Personally I really like the guy he spoke from his heart and was sincere. Lets say he said out loud what a lot were thinking but didn't have the courage to say. I will miss him. Some claim it was to be his last year on Coach's Corner. I don't know how true that is.

-VR
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Nov '19 23:191 edit
    Tonight will be the first time in close to 4 decades that there will not be a Coach's Corner this Saturday night with Don Cherry Fired. I think many will be tuned in to see what is going to replace it. Then they are going to see a big drop in their ratings next Saturday night.

EDIT: Yes, I will tuning in to see if they are going to try and replace him with someone or not have it at all and do something different. Some say Brian Burke might take it over. You know what I'll be doing tonight! 😉

-VR
  5. Joined
    15 Nov '19
    Moves
    17 Nov '19 07:46
    Ron McLAME is a joke.
    So worried about keeping his job.
    He's old and rich but still greedy!...here is what he should have said on air tonight which is live TV.

"If we live in an age where you get fired for telling the truth then you can take this job and shove it...I'm going golfing with Don Cherry"
    (At that point he walks off the set and it would have been incredible)

POLITICALLY CORRECT IS FOR COWARDS.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Nov '19 20:362 edits
    @chessfart said
    Ron McLAME is a joke.
    So worried about keeping his job.
    He's old and rich but still greedy!...here is what he should have said on air tonight which is live TV.

"If we live in an age where you get fired for telling the truth then you can take this job and shove it...I'm going golfing with Don Cherry"
    (At that point he walks off the set and it would have been incredible)

POLITICALLY CORRECT IS FOR COWARDS.
    Ron Maclean should have said something when Don Cherry said it, simply by saying you mean "everyone" not "those people" and I think everything would have been ok then if Don agreed with him and said yes that is what I meant, which I think he would have realizing what he had said.

Many such as yourself do believe Ron threw Don under the bus so to speak! Keep in mind Don Cherry saved Ron Macleans Job 2 times when they were going to let him go saying he would quit coach's corner. As you said now a days everyone has to be politically correct.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2019/11/16/maclean-addresses-cherry-dismissal-in-hockey-night-monologue.html

-VR
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 02:13
    I always liked Cherry. I remember the days he coached the Bruins well. And according to legend, Cherry actually played one game for the Bruins, although I don't remember it lol.

Bobby Orr came out swinging, as he stood up for his former coach. All I can say is, how can you not like Don Cherry? Very effervescent, truthful, colorful, and entertaining as hell.

Political correctness sucks.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 12:411 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I always liked Cherry. I remember the days he coached the Bruins well. And according to legend, Cherry actually played one game for the Bruins, although I don't remember it lol.

Bobby Orr came out swinging, as he stood up for his former coach. All I can say is, how can you not like Don Cherry? Very effervescent, truthful, colorful, and entertaining as hell.

Political correctness sucks.
    I've always liked Coach's Corner with grapes. He always said what he thought be it politically correct or not. As I said he saved Ron's job twice when cbc where going to let Ron go. He said he would leave too which would have caused quite an up roar 20 years ago.

Did you know when Ron Speaks anywhere out at events he gets 10,000 dollars for it? It isn't like he needed the job. I believe Don Cherry (grapes) has some kind a thing going on already on the the internet. He could publish another book and it would become a best seller I am sure.

-VR
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    23 Nov '19 01:34
    Don't be surprised to see a rival network pick him up, or he can do podcasts too. He's very popular. After all those years, people are stuck to him like glue.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Nov '19 23:02
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Don't be surprised to see a rival network pick him up, or he can do podcasts too. He's very popular. After all those years, people are stuck to him like glue.
    Yes, they held some kind of a rally for him at the Rogers Center in Ontario which holds 22,900 I believe and that is seats....I am sure that was filled. I don't think we've heard the last of him yet. I think Rogers pretty much holds all the hockey related things now, so not much chance of him getting on any of those I am assuming anyways. The man is 85 after all, but still going strong!!!

-VR
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 05:15

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree