1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 23:48
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I've given you a thumbs down for the usage of "soccer" when writing about the beautiful game of football .
    😉
    This is a real problem over here (Australia) with the national game being " football". We gotta say "European football" or worse "wogball". "Soccer" solves many problems and when on a soccer only show, the crew can letloose a bit a call it "football" (asa reminder)
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 01:13
    And over here we also have rugby football, though most Brits would call that 'rugby', soccer is 'football'

Was just being international. Lots of USA readers
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 14:34
    Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
    And over here we also have rugby football, though most Brits would call that 'rugby', soccer is 'football'

football was invented long before padded rugby better known as american football,

thumbs down mean nothing i will get a few for calling american football padded rugby what i really mean it's padded rugby for fat guys who are not good enough to play proper football.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 21:04
    Would tend to agree about US football, not my idea of a 'good watch'

As for the 'thumbs', agree with the poster who said they are, basically, the tool of cowards. If you don't agree, post it.

BTW, sad to read of the passing away of Tommy Gemmell. Wasn't he a Protestant in the Celtic team?
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 22:48
    Would tend to agree about US football, not my idea of a 'good watch'

As for the 'thumbs', agree with the poster who said they are, basically, the tool of cowards. If you don't agree, post it.

BTW, sad to read of the passing away of Tommy Gemmell. Wasn't he a Protestant in the Celtic team?
    sad day great player and person

i personally don't bother what religion a Saints player is we in scotland leave that to the old firm glory hunters.

they got to play each other again in the Scottish cup semi final that will be six times this season, total overkill

as for american football, i tried to watch the super bowl a few years ago, OMG how many are on the bench? a guy got a three yard gain and did about 20 laps of honour a 80 minute game can last 4 or 5 hours

i did like mean machine with burt reynolds though made the game look exciting.

😀😀
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 23:44
    Remember TG having a cannonball shot, and a resemblance to Danny Kaye!

Rangers v Celtic = ££££££ !!

I was going to site the enormous length of USA football games. Very tedious
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 02:20

Yeah (I see the thumbs down coming still,lol)

As soon as you say "rugby" I am turned off , but rugby league I have time for. My beloved Newcastle Knights are total cellar dwellars but like any good fan I keep the faith.

Bring back Andrew Johns, I don't care how old he is.

Everything is called "football" . I don't know why sports people are so retarded, especially when the ball doesn't even touch your foot
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 02:21
    Originally posted by roma45
    football was invented long before padded rugby better known as american football,

thumbs down mean nothing i will get a few for calling american football padded rugby what i really mean it's padded rugby for fat guys who are not good enough to play proper football.
    Well that last bit is not true but your near the money
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 02:26
    Originally posted by roma45
    sad day great player and person

i personally don't bother what religion a Saints player is we in scotland leave that to the old firm glory hunters.

they got to play each other again in the Scottish cup semi final that will be six times this season, total overkill

as for american football, i tried to watch the super bowl a few years ago, OMG how man ...[text shortened]... ours

i did like mean machine with burt reynolds though made the game look exciting.

😀😀
    Agreed. It's all just time wasting (American football).
    Why all the time outs? Why all the reserves? Why does most of the team do nothing but "block" ?
    I tried to watch a superbowl or two as well. Always more interested in the halftime,which kinda says it all
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 02:27
    And the guy that actually uses his foot is one for like 30 seconds...
    I just don't get it
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 23:03

Anyway, this thread is about Leicester/Ranieri.
    Sorry misread title.
    Thought it said "don't win in England"

Should've gone to Specsavers
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 11:43
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Agreed. It's all just time wasting (American football).
    Why all the time outs? Why all the reserves? Why does most of the team do nothing but "block" ?
    I tried to watch a superbowl or two as well. Always more interested in the halftime,which kinda says it all
    I wish they had of let Jarryd Hayne play his natural running game. He would have changed the game for the better in no time.

Fancy having one guy who does nothing but punt the ball and another who does nothing but kick field goals.

Being an avid sportsman I watch it but I think that a team of good rugby league players coached to play their game for a year would destroy any NFL team.

Do you even need to be fit to play that game. Most of the blockers look like their training purely involves eating pies and drinking pints. !!!
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 06:30
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    I wish they had of let Jarryd Hayne play his natural running game. He would have changed the game for the better in no time.

Fancy having one guy who does nothing but punt the ball and another who does nothing but kick field goals.

Being an avid sportsman I watch it but I think that a team of good rugby league players coached to play their game ...[text shortened]... ost of the blockers look like their training purely involves eating pies and drinking pints. !!!
    Agreed. Take off their pads and helmets and they are just fat stinking nothing do-ers.

I actually totally agree with you about Hayne - but you don't goto America and change their games. You either play like them or eff off.

And the NFL celebrations.... my god.. Grown men. What Are they celebrating anyway?
    Baseball ,cricket and sports like golf are stop-start by nature. But football becomes boring very quick if they stop running and take a break after EVERY SINgle effing play
  14. Sydney, Australia
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 01:21
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    This is a real problem over here (Australia) with the national game being " football". We gotta say "European football" or worse "wogball". "Soccer" solves many problems and when on a soccer only show, the crew can letloose a bit a call it "football" (asa reminder)
    I think you are talking about "footy" or "footee" or "footie" or some other baby babble.
    Football is football where ever it is played, and is played with a round ball not an egg.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '17 00:231 edit
    Originally posted by Glasnost
    I think you are talking about "footy" or "footee" or "footie" or some other baby babble.
    Football is football where ever it is played, and is played with a round ball not an egg.
    Come to Collingwood and say that in the pub and see how close you get to the front door.. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree