1. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 09:331 edit
    Originally posted by barstudd
    Are you a psychologist? trying to drum up some business?

In all due respect England have not even played that badly? they havent even lost a game and they get boo'd for their effort...The English team have not let the fans down, but the fans let the team down with such bad sportsmanship by boo-ing them.

Shame on you English fans who participated in bo ...[text shortened]... r team has done well, to be there for a start, to remain unbeaten and still be in contention...
    one must understand the mentality. You see, the pressure has been created through expectation and the usual hype, of a team that have some good players no doubt, but who fail to recognise that there are also other good teams with just as good players. The problem is that they are completely consumed by themselves. Listen to any Uk commentary, they cannot make a reference without relating it to England. Had they went with the attitude, this is the world cup, we shall try our best, things might have been different, but no, they set themselves up as conquerors even before it started and failing to live up to their own expectations, have reaped the ill rewards of an over inflated opinion themselves.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 11:54
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    So drop England's best player from the side and send another one of the strikers home altogether?

Epic.
    So keep him and have him do zippo, zilch, nada, niente. Bench him then. Same difference. If he's so good how many goals has he scored? How many has Rooney scored? One goal, England and not even from a striker. Sad indeed! Rooney needs something to shake him up. A Benching sometimes helps. Anything to shake the malaise out of an English side which has looked listless and floundering. If Rooney is England's best player then I see why Algeria took it to them. Had Algeria only had a srtiker England would have looked even worse. I'll tell what's epic. Ya'll's best player seen walking around pitch looking winded and depressed, leaving field and getting into it with fans. If he could channel this attitude into playing hard perhaps England could then advance.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 11:58
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So the England players are "bored". Are they on vacation now?

If Terry wanted to voice his concerns, he shouldn't have come to the media he should have gone to the coach. The point of saying in front of cameras that he will talk to Capello is just a way of him trying to defend himself from potential consequences.

Same goes for Deco and Portugal, by the way.
    That's awful indeed! Terry is indeed a locker room cancer. Too bad. Talent without heart. I hope Portugal pulls a Paraguay, Uruguay turn around and comes out swinging. Brazil is looking good indeed. What did you think of the Kaka send off?
  4. Joined
    01 Mar '09
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 13:01
    I don't think its all in the mind, i think England have too many positions on the pitch with unproved players in an England shirt.

(1) Should Rooney play alone or have a partner, to me its undecided.(2) Who's Englands best RB, btw its not Johnson?
    (3) Drop either Lampard or Gerrard, for years they havn't prodecued together.
    (4) Who exactly is Englands best right sided midfielder? That City player Johnson has looked great all season, why doesn't he get a go?
    (5) Who's England's best left sided midfielder?
    (6) England goalkeeper, we're miles behind most countries here.
    (6) Who is Englands best left sided midfielder, i think we've been asking this question for about 15 years now.
    (7) The England central defense has never looked solid for years, Terrry is too slow at the top level, Ferdinand makes too many mistakes, who else do we have? It seems too late to be asking this question.

So i've questioned attack, the whole midfield, most of defense and the GK.

England are a team of individuals and not the right ones at that.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 18:49
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    footie? you mean that quasi sport with the diving ballerina pratfalls to fool refs? The one with phantom fouls and phantom teams (France, England, Italy, Spain), phantom PK's, ejections for phantom kicks? I'm beginning to believe, like very rusty, that indeed it is a sport of crybabies who get sent home for being loathsome like their coaches and refs! J ...[text shortened]... the 66 win was rigged! Thread name is right. What was left out was febrile mind of limeys!
    What are you talking about? The only person I see in this forum whingeing like a crybaby is YOU regarding the refereeing mistake which you feel 'robbed' the States of a win! And how you interpret my comments as anti-American... In fact I am rather impressed with the way the US are playing, easily the best international team I've ever seen them field. You, however, betray an unbelievable ignorance not simply of football, but of sport generally, in your insistence that you can accurately gauge the ability of players and team by two tournament games. England have so far played very poorly, I'm sure you won't find anybody to disagree, but you'd have to be an idiot to think this is the best they can do. I would add, however, that however breathtakingly risible I find your uninformed and frankly bigoted opinions, I am under no illusion that you speak for the United States, so my assertion that you are a half-witted idiot refers to you and you alone.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 02:42
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    What are you talking about? The only person I see in this forum whingeing like a crybaby is YOU regarding the refereeing mistake which you feel 'robbed' the States of a win! And how you interpret my comments as anti-American... In fact I am rather impressed with the way the US are playing, easily the best international team I've ever seen th ...[text shortened]... ited States, so my assertion that you are a half-witted idiot refers to you and you alone.
    Ha! Half-witted idiot? I'm frankly impressed you know words like risible. How's pointing out ref mistakes constitute whining? How's pointing out your team's obvious flaws constitute bigotry? I guess I missed your post lauding the USA performance. Not hard to do since you're so fixated on calling me names and trying to point out some alleged lack of knowledge. Too hot under the collar over my prediction of the 0-0 Limey-Algerian draw? Don't forget I predicted and England delivered the awful dud. Had nothing to do with me. OVERRATED! Live with it! The vuvuzela sound outpaces the entertainment value of your team. Not my fault they're trying to imitate France. Now Terry's getting into it with Capello. Team in disarray ain't my fault either. I thought they might still have a chance. I don't anymore with less than 48 hours to fix the wounded psyche of a sorry team. Hope for your sake they prove me wrong and you don't end up jumping into your nearest river once England gets booted from the cup. Now or in next round. Look at the not overrated teams. Spain righted the ship as did Portugal. Not my fault your team has two dud outings in a row and ripe for another one.
  7. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 22:14
    Originally posted by Steven Anthony
    I don't think its all in the mind, i think England have too many positions on the pitch with unproved players in an England shirt.

(1) Should Rooney play alone or have a partner, to me its undecided.(2) Who's Englands best RB, btw its not Johnson?
    (3) Drop either Lampard or Gerrard, for years they havn't prodecued together.
    (4) Who exactly is Eng ...[text shortened]... efense and the GK.

England are a team of individuals and not the right ones at that.
    The England mentality problem goes back decades. We are just too intense about the whole thing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree