1. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 19:37
    I am missing something?

England better odds than Spain and France????

Bookies are very smart people.

It must be that they think we are so stupid that we will still bet on them with such silly odds.
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 19:44
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil

It must be that they think we are so stupid that we will still bet on them with such silly odds.[/b]
    Correct.

Nationalistic pride takes over.

What are the odds on England, at the bookies in Italy, Spain and France I wonder???
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 21:49
    I am missing something?

It must be that they think we are so stupid that we will still bet on them with such silly odds.
    Also bookies have an heart...............

I find 9/1 even too low for England, I'd say that the right odd is 12 or 15/1.

Rooney apart I don't see any new phenomenon who can bring up England chances for the tournament.
  4. Swansea
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 22:28
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Also bookies have an heart...............

I find 9/1 even too low for England, I'd say that the right odd is 12 or 15/1.

Rooney apart I don't see any new phenomenon who can bring up England chances for the tournament.
    I still think you're being too nice even with those odds! Something more like 25 or 50/1 is closer!
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 06:59
    The champion shall come from Latin America.

Not a lot of money there, though. So earnings for those of us
    who will put money on Trinidad & Tobago will be more 😛
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 07:012 edits
    I am missing something?

It's how bookies work. They have to bring down the odds because a shed load of patriotic idiots are betting on them. You'd get far better odds having a punt on them whilst abroad, only problem being you'd have to go back to get your cash in the unlikely event that they'd actually win. However, if you're looking for the best odds try

http://www.oddschecker.com/

and if you're brave enough

http://www.betfair.com/
  7. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 07:37
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    It's how bookies work. They have to bring down the odds because a shed load of patriotic idiots are betting on them. You'd get far better odds having a punt on them whilst abroad, only problem being you'd have to go back to get your cash in the unlikely event that they'd actually win. However, if you're looking for the best odds try

http://www.oddschecker.com/

and if you're brave enough

http://www.betfair.com/
    Thanks, I used oddschecker last world Cup.

I bet shedloads of money that on outsiders in group matches thinking that there are always shocks.

Lost over £600 OUCH!!!
  8. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 09:201 edit
    Originally posted by ExpressiveOutburst
    I still think you're being too nice even with those odds! Something more like 25 or 50/1 is closer!
    25-1 would be the same as Portugal. Sounds about right. 50-1 sounds very good value for a team that has a good record of reaching the QF.
  9. LA
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 12:21
    Originally posted by mtthw
    25-1 would be the same as Portugal. Sounds about right. 50-1 sounds very good value for a team that has a good record of reaching the QF.
    On current form with Mclaren as manaager, I'd say Enland are about 25-1 to qualify.

If someone at the FA has the guts to change the manager and go for someone like Wenger then maybe we would be about 14-1 to qualify and win.
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    02 May '07 15:51
    Englands going to have Gerrard play the first half and Lampard play the 2nd half...no more of this playing out of position crap.

They will be able to run full tilt for 45 minutes each and will wear the other team out by the 2nd half.
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 May '07 17:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 May '07 17:44

13. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 May '07 17:46

14. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 May '07 17:47

15. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 May '07 17:47
    Originally posted by uzless
    Englands going to have Gerrard play the first half and Lampard play the 2nd half...no more of this playing out of position crap.

They will be able to run full tilt for 45 minutes each and will wear the other team out by the 2nd half.
    England are going to have to play Gerrard (in CM) for 90 mins whilst Lampard lays out the towels in the shower room. No more of this playing overrated players crap.

Did you see his non-performance last night? Another big game and another no-show from Thsuper Fwannk

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree