Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member Red Night
    RHP Prophet
    21 Jan '08 03:23
    All England is ecstatic over the Giants win against the Packers in the NFC Championship game.

    Honorary Giants Captain, John Terry, had this to say; "it is nice to finally get to captain a winning team."

    Gordon Brown had this to say: "an Englishman captaining a winning Football team is certainly something to celebrate."
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    21 Jan '08 03:25
    Originally posted by Red Night
    All England is ecstatic over the Giants win against the Packers in the NFC Championship game.

    Honorary Giants Captain, John Terry, had this to say; "it is nice to finally get to captain a winning team."

    Gordon Brown had this to say: "an Englishman captaining a winning Football team is certainly something to celebrate."
    Jolly Good!

    New England says...

    COME ON DOWN!

    P-
  3. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    21 Jan '08 08:29
    Originally posted by Red Night
    All England is ecstatic over the Giants win against the Packers in the NFC Championship game.

    Honorary Giants Captain, John Terry, had this to say; "it is nice to finally get to captain a winning team."

    Gordon Brown had this to say: "an Englishman captaining a winning Football team is certainly something to celebrate."
    How is "All England" ecstatic over this? Most of England have never heard of them.
  4. Standard member usmc7257
    semper fi
    21 Jan '08 09:38
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    How is "All England" ecstatic over this? Most of England have never heard of them.
    they did play a pitiful game there against the dolphins...
  5. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    21 Jan '08 12:29 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    How is "All England" ecstatic over this? Most of England have never heard of them.
    It was supposed to be a joke, albeit a very poor one.

    D
  6. Standard member Red Night
    RHP Prophet
    21 Jan '08 17:40
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    How is "All England" ecstatic over this? Most of England have never heard of them.
    John Terry is captaining a winning team...I think they may declare a national holiday.
  7. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    21 Jan '08 17:57
    Originally posted by Red Night
    John Terry is captaining a winning team...I think they may declare a national holiday.
    You may want to look into what Terry has won as captain of Chelsea. It might improve your joke. Or render it completely redundant.

    D
  8. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    21 Jan '08 18:12
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You may want to look into what Terry has won as captain of Chelsea. It might improve your joke. Or render it completely redundant.

    D
    Look, Terry has moved on to a REAL SPORT. Football. Real Football.

    NFL Football.

    P-
  9. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    21 Jan '08 18:22
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Look, Terry has moved on to a REAL SPORT. Football. Real Football.

    NFL Football.

    P-
    In your average game of REAL football, how many times does the ball actually make contact with a foot?

    D
  10. Subscriber duecer
    anybody seen my
    21 Jan '08 18:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    In your average game of REAL football, how many times does the ball actually make contact with a foot?

    D
    lots



    EDIT: Go Patriots!
  11. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    21 Jan '08 19:07
    Originally posted by duecer
    lots
    "Lots" as in 4 times? 6?

    D
  12. Standard member Red Night
    RHP Prophet
    21 Jan '08 19:10
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    In your average game of REAL football, how many times does the ball actually make contact with a foot?

    D
    How many crickets do you need to find two that match?
  13. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    21 Jan '08 19:24
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    In your average game of REAL football, how many times does the ball actually make contact with a foot?

    D
    More times than your stupid round ball goes in the net.

    GOAL!~

    P-
  14. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    21 Jan '08 19:31
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    More times than your stupid round ball goes in the net.

    GOAL!~

    P-
    Probably why soccer isn't called GOALBALL!

    D
  15. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    21 Jan '08 19:36
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Probably why soccer isn't called GOALBALL!

    D
    It's not called "Lame Ball" either... but that's what it is.

    P-