1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 19:141 edit
    I'm sure there are many upset and angry football fans in England right now. Fans who think bad calls by the officals, payback for 1966, coaching stupidity etc. led to England's loss to Germany. Before you folks start looking for someone to blame, consider this:

1. England's pool of talent is smaller than many other countries because there population is smaller

2. England's weather does not always allow 12 months of uninterupted training and compitition.

3. England's government places much of it's resources into education, commerce, defence and community services (as it should)...not into backing it's sports teams and athletes.

With these things in mind, I would say England is doing a fine job, considering the resources it has to work with. One would also do well to consider the fact that if Germany had to face a well trained team from the UK (not just England) the outcome would have been very different! ๐Ÿ˜
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 20:391 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    I'm sure there are many upset and angry football fans in England right now. Fans who think bad calls by the officals, payback for 1966, coaching stupidity etc. led to England's loss to Germany. Before you folks start looking for someone to blame, consider this:

1. England's pool of talent is smaller than many other countries because there population is sm ained team from the UK (not just England) the outcome would have been very different! ๐Ÿ˜
    not so bill my friend

1. Ireland, Portugal and Holland all have smaller populations and better football teams.
    2. Training facilities can take place indoors or the team can go on tours
    3. English sports are heavily funded, who do you think pays the coach 5million pounds, thats 7,537,538, USD per annum.

There is no excuse.
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 20:45
    Originally posted by bill718

1. England's pool of talent is smaller than many other countries because there population is sm ...[text shortened]... ained team from the UK (not just England) the outcome would have been very different! ๐Ÿ˜
    So... what's China doing wrong? gee
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 21:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    not so bill my friend

1. Ireland, Portugal and Holland all have smaller populations and better football teams.
    2. Training facilities can take place indoors or the team can go on tours
    3. English sports are heavily funded, who do you think pays the coach 5million pounds, thats 7,537,538, USD per annum.

There is no excuse.
    ireland is better then England? U r kidding๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

As for portugal- they to looked aged and jaded in this tournament and dont forget they went to the WC finals through the back door after failing to make it at the group stages.

Denmark were the winners of Portugal's world up group
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 21:471 edit
    Originally posted by spurs73

As for portugal- they to looked aged and jaded in this tournament and dont forget they went to the WC finals through the back door after failing to make it at the group stages.

and what's the population of denmark? ๐Ÿ™„

england have the money, the population and the domestic league to become a top international team (which they are) what they don't have is the youth coaching system to become a great international team.

edit: simples
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 22:02

What back door? It's part of the normal qualification procedure.

I also don't expect any footballing knowledge from you, but Portugal didn't look jaded at all. I'm extremely happy with how we performed.
  7. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 22:233 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 22:261 edit
    England thinks it's good when it's not. Size of population has nothing to do with it one bit. Smaller countries have better teams. Look at tiny Slovenia and Slovakia. How about Croatia? Already made it to the semis despite being a tiny, tiny country. Even the Vatican would make it if they allowed priests to play without their habits, but rigid, rigid Vatican will have none of it! Problem with England is they fancy themselves the world's best when in reality they are middling at best. EPL would be a nothing league without foreigners showing the English how it's done. Once you remove the foreigners and only English on pitch you have debacles like Sunday's. Notice the Englishman who failed to dribble around the ref, a stationary object? For shame!
  9. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 22:32

10. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 22:37

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 22:38

no kidding, Northern Ireland have beaten you and the South would also give you a whuppin!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 22:39
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    i actually find it quite refreshing myself ๐Ÿ˜›
  13. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 22:433 edits

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 22:48
    touchy touchy touchy!
  15. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 22:54
    I'd say you're pretty much spot on and I don't want to detract anything from your post but I love the idea of the weather being EXTREMELY MILD!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree