1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 16:47
    Watching slovenia today made me think this is going to be a problem for England.

With their defensive holes and that sieve in nets, no guarantee the Englanders can advance.

A quick look at the roster shows one clear problem. Every player on the english side plays in the EPL.

They need to get off the island and get some foreign experience.
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 16:58
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Watching slovenia today made me think this is going to be a problem for England.

With their defensive holes and that sieve in nets, no guarantee the Englanders can advance.

A quick look at the roster shows one clear problem. Every player on the english side plays in the EPL.

why? The EPL is the best league in the world- thats why all the top players come here..including your own.
    Dempsey- howard -donovan to name but three!!!!
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 17:01
    Originally posted by spurs73
    why? The EPL is the best league in the world- thats why all the top players come here..including your own.
    Don't feed the troll.

(also, Donovan is nowhere near to being a top player)
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 17:34
    EPL is not the top league at all. That would be La Liga. That's why Spain looks so sharp. England? To take a page off your brethren is a collection of 23 talents unable to gel because they feel better than the guy next to them on the field. Poor passing, little offensive imagination, no midfield play. porous at goal and defense. They may move on only because Algeria sucks worse than they do!
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 19:40

completely disagree.

Slovenia won today with players that had featured in The championship (2nd tier) of the english leagues. They were very tight in defence but algeria were really poor. England shouldn't have much problems with algeria or slovenia.

I would worry more about the USA as i think they might struggle (i think its between them and slovenia to qualify alongside england).

By the way - i take it you are anti-england if so 😞

😛
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 20:02

You are better than this pap, but anyway:

The EPL is the best in the world, so clearly that is not our problem is it!

Our problem is which goalkeeper - and is it 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 because we need to score more goals.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 20:52
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    EPL is not the top league at all. That would be La Liga. That's why Spain looks so sharp. England? To take a page off your brethren is a collection of 23 talents unable to gel because they feel better than the guy next to them on the field. Poor passing, little offensive imagination, no midfield play. porous at goal and defense. They may move on only because Algeria sucks worse than they do!
    lets watch spains first match before we say they look sharp, eh? 😉

english and italian players historically stay in their own country*, it doesn’t' mean either league is 'the best in the world', plus some of spains players going to england has been a recent thing. come to think of it, how many german players play outside of germany?

with the cl it really doesn’t matter what league you ply in, if you're playing in europe you get used to different styles.

the guys at rte (irish tv) touched on why england struggled last night, both gerrard and lampard don’t get involve much in the build up ply, they both prefer to finish it off with a goal. they have a point.

*before you start, don't give me 3 names in the past 10 years and tell me i'm wrong.
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 21:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You are better than this pap, but anyway:

The EPL is the best in the world, so clearly that is not our problem is it!

Our problem is which goalkeeper - and is it 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 because we need to score more goals.
    fabio- not looking as good a manager as we all thought.
    1st he brought back Carragher back into the squad..why?
    2nd- he played SWP on the left- when he is really a right winger
    3rd- he cant decide who his main GK is
    4th- what the F happened to Joe Cole last night?
    5th- why take Milner off so quick (i know he got yellow- but still!!)

Now Lampard and garrard dont work togather. If barry is back then we sud drop lampard (who never looks as good for england as he does for chelsea)
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 21:29

Now Lampard and g ...[text shortened]... ry is back then we sud drop lampard (who never looks as good for england as he does for chelsea)
    don't judge him on one match. england will be better come the knockout phase and i still say semis.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 22:15

Now Lampard and g ...[text shortened]... ry is back then we sud drop lampard (who never looks as good for england as he does for chelsea)
    Very good eval of your team. Capello is not nearly as good as he thinks. I blame him for the tie more than the players. I too was shocked with the puling of Milner!
  11. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 12:31
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I too was shocked with the puling of Milner!
    Picking Milner in the first place when he wasn't fully fit might have been a mistake. Removing him wasn't - he was completely exposed.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 13:12
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Picking Milner in the first place when he wasn't fully fit might have been a mistake. Removing him wasn't - he was completely exposed.
    Then this brings us full circle on what a sorry coach Capello really is. His mistakes are myriad for a highly paid manager. No one has mentioned how ineffective Heskey was. Putting in Carragher was sloppy managing. Surely England has younger defensemen than that in that much vaunted EPL? Mark my words. England may advance, but then it's one and out!
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 21:311 edit

Fair questions, but give the guy chance to answer.

I do agree about Cole though - I would have seen him linking up with Roonboy far better than SWP in the USA game.

The whole goalie thing escapes me to be honest - just play Gordon Banks, I saw him on the fat-bloke-from-Gavin&Stacy show - he looked ok to me...
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 02:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Fair questions, but give the guy chance to answer.

I do agree about Cole though - I would have seen him linking up with Roonboy far better than SWP in the USA game.

The whole goalie thing escapes me to be honest - just play Gordon Banks, I saw him on the fat-bloke-from-Gavin&Stacy show - he looked ok to me...
    England, here's your very own goal keeper with yet another gaffe. EPL not looking so great these days!

YouTube
  15. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 03:16
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    completely disagree.

Slovenia won today with players that had featured in The championship (2nd tier) of the english leagues. They were very tight in defence but algeria were really poor. England shouldn't have much problems with algeria or slovenia.

I would worry more about the USA as i think they might struggle (i think its between them and s ...[text shortened]... a to qualify alongside england).

By the way - i take it you are anti-england if so 😞

😛
    hahahaha

you English just don't get it.

you're nto that good!!!

as for the EPL, a great league your country pays handsomely to import the best players in the world, but you need to expose yourself to some different styles.

Brazil, Germany and then a big drop off. I would say maybe spain, netherlands, argentina (maybe one or two others one of the koreans?)...and then another small drop off to the next maybe 25 teams.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree