1. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 09:11
    Originally posted by Red Night
    hahahaha

you English just don't get it.

you're nto that good!!!

as for the EPL, a great league your country pays handsomely to import the best players in the world, but you need to expose yourself to some different styles.

Brazil, Germany and then a big drop off. I would say maybe spain, netherlands, argentina (maybe one or two others one of the koreans?)...and then another small drop off to the next maybe 25 teams.
    Korea??? lol
  2. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 09:44
    Too many foreign players in the Premiership, lack of passion, class, stamina, desire and creativity are the reasons for which I think England is a spent force in footballing terms.
  3. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 09:49
    Originally posted by orion25
    Korea??? lol
    I say Korea could surprise a lot of people, semi-finals at best but why not? Face it, it's not as if anybody has played much better yet.

As for Brazil, everybody always tips Brazil. Even my three year old nephew tipped Brazil (as best as he could do) and he's never even seen them play. It is trendy to tip Brazil and requires no knowledge of football. OK, they might win, but tipping them to do so is just easy and unimaginative.
  4. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 10:40
    They could surprise but they are nowhere near to being favourites. I say Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Holland and Germany are top favourites. Argentina also have a good chance but I've got a feeling they will flop.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 11:47
    Final will be Brazil-Spain. As we saw yesterday defending champs a mere shadow of themselves. Germany played a patsy so we don't know if they're for real. Dutch looked really strong and played a better opponent. Argentina may grow or fold. We'll see. Brazil should crush NKorea, but weirder things happen.
  6. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 07:12
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Final will be Brazil-Spain. As we saw yesterday defending champs a mere shadow of themselves. Germany played a patsy so we don't know if they're for real. Dutch looked really strong and played a better opponent. Argentina may grow or fold. We'll see. Brazil should crush NKorea, but weirder things happen.
    Tipping Brazil? How could you?
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 11:39
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    Face it. No one plays football like Brazil. Easy one. Five cups and two runner ups. No one has been to that many grand finals, except Germany. and Italy come close. Italy: four cups, two runner ups. Germany: three cups ,four runner ups. Between these three you could throw a dart blindfolded and easily pick a probable finalist every time. Always knocking at the door. USA was third place in first WC with an amateur team! The big three have dominated the WC and probably will for years to come. Only Argentina, 2 cups, two runner ups come close.
  8. Auckland
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 13:07
    Face it. No one plays football like Brazil. Easy one. Five cups and two runner ups. No one has been to that many grand finals, except Germany. and Italy come close. Italy: four cups, two runner ups. Germany: three cups ,four runner ups. Between these three you could throw a dart blindfolded and easily pick a probable finalist every time. Always knocking ...[text shortened]... d the WC and probably will for years to come. Only Argentina, 2 cups, two runner ups come close.
    I reckon that NZ could stuff up all your theories and predict we may even take them out if it is a bad hair day. Can't say the same about England, not many of them have hair.

Brazil plays NZ in semi final. Must get great odds on that impossibility.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '10 00:03
    Originally posted by zm775
    I reckon that NZ could stuff up all your theories and predict we may even take them out if it is a bad hair day. Can't say the same about England, not many of them have hair.

After the Spain debacle anything is possible. I do know England does not have a rat's a... chjance in hell to make it past round of 16. Might not even make it to round of 16. Yet Spain, the much vaunted side also sucks! A team unable to solve the defensive riddle of the Swiss does not deserve to advance. And yet Brazil also looked bad!
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '10 00:42
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    more to the point, tipping the two favorites to reach the final 🙄
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jun '10 01:20
    Originally posted by trev33
    more to the point, tipping the two favorites to reach the final 🙄
    If you are going to tip favourites, you should also give margins.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '10 01:39
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    If you are going to tip favourites, you should also give margins.
    tipping a favorite is like going after the fat drunk chick at the start of the night.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '10 18:49
    EPL is not the top league at all. That would be La Liga. That's why Spain looks so sharp.....
    I stopped reading your post at this point
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '10 18:51
    Originally posted by zm775

Unfortunately most footballing nations do not regard NZ as 'opposition' - more of a holiday destination.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 00:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I stopped reading your post at this point
    Resume reading after England gets shocked by Algeria! Another draw and England is toast!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree