1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 00:191 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its no use Lord Vader, i heard Slovakia tourist board are giving 25% off holidays if the team makes it to the next round, 50 percent if they make the semis and you get your holiday for free if they win it, on this basis, my good man trev has offered up petitions to his God for Englands demise so we can all go there for nuthin.
    pitty england are playing slovenia 😉

as for the result, i don't know...i won't be putting any money on it. maybe 2-1 england if they're lucky.

edit: or 3-0 IF THEY START PLAYING.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 04:10
    From yahoo sports!
    Amid all the unrest in the England camp, with John Terry telling Fabio Capello "we're not going to take it anymore," only to have the England manager (metaphorically, we think) bend Terry's arm against his back until he cried "uncle" to the assembled press, you'd think all the best English journalistic minds would be busy analysing how one of the most shambolic so-called "favorites" at the World Cup will somehow manage to beat a Slovenian side that scored two goals against the US in the same time it takes for Emile Heskey to get back on his feet after flailing wildly at yet another absolute sitter.

Well, no need for that now; we have the answer. An all-red strip. That's right. If you think there might be more important things to report on right now, you're, dead, wrong. As the Daily Mail points out: "Apparently the current squad of players prefer the red shorts option to navy blue and anything that makes them happy at the moment is a boost for the big game."

Did you hear that? A boost! Even though England last wore an all-red strip about nine-hundred years ago, winning all four games they played in the sanguinary shirts and shorts: two in the 1962 World Cup in Chile, and in friendlies against Czechoslovakia in 1963 and Belgium in 1970. So we know the kit is guaranteed to cure England's woeful passing, inept finishing, flat movement, tactical unawareness, lack of confidence, positional indiscipline, rheumatism, whooping cough and scabies. How? Science and stuff. Speaking as a Canadian, I can tell you it's worked great for us.

(reporter Canadian) me? Yank all the way!
  3. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 06:49
    draw... 2-2
  4. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 08:40
    1-0, and a terrible game
  5. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 09:31
    Originally posted by orion25
    1-0, and a terrible game
    I'm thinking that too. Lots of nerves and few goals.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 10:411 edit
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    I'm thinking that too. Lots of nerves and few goals.
    Team dissesnion tells me they pull a france! Hope for a nation's sake this is not so, but it's not looking good! Slovenia is not the patsy everyone thought.
  7. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 16:27
    GOOD GAME!

Rooney looks like he's starting to snap out of his funk. And the width! Those kickass long passes and link ups. England are definitely not the team they were a few days ago.

Why bring on Heskey? Why? Why? WHY?!
  8. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 16:28
    Originally posted by orion25
    1-0, and a terrible game
    Good effort with the prediction, although the game wasn't that terrible.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 16:31
    Originally posted by hopscotch

Why bring on Heskey? Why? Why? WHY?!
    so they wouldn't score a second goal and top their group, clearly. why bring off rooney? why keep milner on the field?
  10. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 16:34
    Originally posted by trev33
    so they wouldn't score a second goal and top their group, clearly. why bring off rooney? why keep milner on the field?
    Exactly! Substitute Cole for Milner. Get more goals. Positive approach!
  11. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 16:50
    Originally posted by lausey
    Good effort with the prediction, although the game wasn't that terrible.
    dammit I knew I shouldn't have said that...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree