1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 06:29
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Do a lot of the Australian team play in the IPL.

I do not believe that England has started producing better players but possibly the set up and finances have improved to allow them to play a lot more than most other nations as a unit.
    Australia's got good enough players.
    I think the selectors are terrible.
    The bowling has been terrible and the batting order is wrong except for maybe the openers .
    They lack that spark and have no confidence ... did that 3rd one get rained out?
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 06:42
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Australia's got good enough players.
    I think the selectors are terrible.
    The bowling has been terrible and the batting order is wrong except for maybe the openers .
    They lack that spark and have no confidence ... did that 3rd one get rained out?
    Yeah ended up watching old England/Australia games.

My worry for England is that they do not travel very well, especially those hot dry places where spin bowling usually carries the day.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 04:311 edit
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Yeah ended up watching old England/Australia games.

My worry for England is that they do not travel very well, especially those hot dry places where spin bowling usually carries the day.
    Yes. It's amazing really (Englands dominance). But I feel it's a lack of proper infrastructure , which must have quality former players behind it.
    Cricket is notoriously damaging for the average sport persons psychology.
    I think the fledgling cricketing nations should employ the likes of Steve Waugh to help with proper mental preparation. Apparently Waugh is accompanying the olympics team to london to be there as a "Psychological Consultant" of sorts to any athletes that may need his particular brand of help.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree