1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    27 Mar '08 15:34
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

I think we should all join together and offer the ever underrated Rio our sincere congratulations on being one of England's best 2 players.

D[/b]
    Ha ha ha.... nice try Rag, but it's never gonna happen mate!
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Mar '08 15:42
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    You don't view Gerrard as a cert to start? Really? I'd say as far as the midfield goes, he's the one that Capello should build the others around. If that doesn't include Lampard then so be it.
    That was kind of my point. Gerrard can only play in a team which is built around him. It just depends if that is what Capello wants to do or not.

D
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    27 Mar '08 22:34
    Anyway..I thought Lampard not playing would help England, but know, superb bunch of players that will continue to be useless as a team!
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    27 Mar '08 22:49
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Anyway..I thought Lampard not playing would help England, but know, superb bunch of players that will continue to be useless as a team!
    well football is a team game, its all about playing to a system.

You should have a system of playing and then get the players to fit that system. the problem with England for the last 3 or 4 years has been the manager(s) have put togater 11 players and then just sent them out to play.

for years now the english game has been based on the 4-4-2 system. we now play 4-5-1 forone half and then 4-4-2 the next, then change it to 4-3-3 with two wide men and one forword.

lets get back to what we know best 4-4-2....
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    28 Mar '08 09:05
    Originally posted by spurs73
    [b]well football is a team game, its all about playing to a system.

You should have a system of playing and then get the players to fit that system. the problem with England for the last 3 or 4 years has been the manager(s) have put togater 11 players and then just sent them out to play.
    This is true Spurs...

When England won the World Cup 42 (yes 42!!!) years ago, it was generally considered that some of the players in that side weren't necessarily the BEST players in the country - Alf Ramsey brought players in to play to his system (4-4-2)...

I know Jimmy Greaves got injured early in the competition, but he would've been the equivalent of Rooney now... and yet Greaves didn't simply walk back in to the side when he was fit.

Food for thought?
  6. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    28 Mar '08 09:10
    In the last week we have heard lots of hyperbole on how playing should take a leaf out of Rugby's book and behave better.

On Wednesday we did - barely a forward pass all night!
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    28 Mar '08 18:30
    Originally posted by invigorate
    In the last week we have heard lots of hyperbole on how playing should take a leaf out of Rugby's book and behave better.

On Wednesday we did - barely a forward pass all night!
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    28 Mar '08 18:33
    Originally posted by blade68
    This is true Spurs...

When England won the World Cup 42 (yes 42!!!) years ago, it was generally considered that some of the players in that side weren't necessarily the BEST players in the country - Alf Ramsey brought players in to play to his system (4-4-2)...

I know Jimmy Greaves got injured early in the competition, but he would've been the equival ...[text shortened]... and yet Greaves didn't simply walk back in to the side when he was fit.

Food for thought?
    do you remember in the european championships how rooney set the competition alight.. then when he got injured erickson had no back up plan....

I really though we we going to win the cup that year....

erickson's whole plan was to use rooney....he had no back-up plan..no system where when rooney got injured someone could play in his position.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 May '08 22:18
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Terry is the obvious answer as full time captain, although his complete lack of sportsmanship might count against him (I thought it was out of order the way he kicked the ball out for a throw in near Liverpool's corner flag on Sunday after Eboue put the ball out on the half way line so a Chelski player could get attention.
    Bump.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree