1. Cyberspace
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 16:48
    Originally posted by Diodorus Siculus
    [b]The English players are overrated and needed that reality check for their own good but are unlikely to take it on board.
    They have been getting a reality check every single cup since '66. All england ever brings to the cup are mighty hopes and they leave with a louder noise. Am sure the english press is going to be full of how they were robbed (last time it was c. ronaldo)..
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 16:51
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Shoulda never said that, arterioes. Now the limeys are gonna start dumping on you. They're too much in "schlock" right now, but they may sober up after crying themselves silly!
    He was right to have said that . !!100% correct, i am sorry to say !!
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 16:54
    Originally posted by phil3000
    He was right to have said that . !!100% correct, i am sorry to say !!
    Hey phil3000! You know you're another Brit I feel is a kind and decent man. I am sorry about the outcome for your team. Regrettably they failed to show up to play except those two back to back goals in first half. Too bad soccer has sorriest refs calling games or outcome might have been different since they would have had Germany on the ropes. Germany looked shell shocked at that point and were lucky to go to break still up 2-1. Sport needs reform ASAP! I expected England to lose, but not a blowout!
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 17:00
    Hey phil3000! You know you're another Brit I feel is a kind and decent man. I am sorry about the outcome for your team. Regrettably they failed to show up to play except those two back to back goals in first half. Too bad soccer has sorriest refs calling games or outcome might have been different since they would have had Germany on the ropes. Germany l ...[text shortened]... to break still up 2-1. Sport needs reform ASAP! I expected England to lose, but not a blowout!
    Now why can't you make more contributive posts to the sports forum like this one here? In the majority of your posts you're repeating yourself over and over and over about how overrated England players are, while furiously slamming your fists into your keyboard with rage because you hate them so much, despite your claims that you don't.
  5. Cyberspace
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 17:02
    To be fair to the refs, there was no way the linesman or the ref could have seen whether the ball had gone in or not. Heck I was watching it on tv and I wasnt sure whether it had gone in or not till I saw the replay, a luxury which the refs dont have. But this will again renew the calls for more tech in sports.
  6. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 17:07
    Originally posted by arterioes
    To be fair to the refs, there was no way the linesman or the ref could have seen whether the ball had gone in or not. Heck I was watching it on tv and I wasnt sure whether it had gone in or not till I saw the replay, a luxury which the refs dont have. But this will again renew the calls for more tech in sports.
    I could tell from the velocity of the ball that when it hit the bar the first time it would have spun tremendously, like they always do, if it hit the bar the second time it would have been a goal. If the ball hit the line then it wouldn't have touched the bar the second time because it would have spun out into play. I immediately knew it was a goal. Immediately.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 17:13
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    I could tell from the velocity of the ball that when it hit the bar the first time it would have spun tremendously, like they always do, if it hit the bar the second time it would have been a goal. If the ball hit the line then it wouldn't have touched the bar the second time because it would have spun out into play. I immediately knew it was a goal. Immediately.
    I thought it was easy to see it was a goal from the camera angle, but even if it had been allowed I'm thinking we would still most likely have lost it. Rarely seen us so weak in defence.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 17:241 edit
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Metric = 45cm
    Ha! I think you'll find that 45 cm is 18 inches. Actually. My piont exactly. Ha! Blubble. Tssssss. Sussed and cramped.
  9. Cyberspace
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 17:34
    Capello already blaming the disallowed goal. Dont know whether he will still be the coach come tomorrow.
  10. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 17:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    excellent post! completely over hyped, a victim of their own self delusion. I actually feel for their fans who have been strung along by the English media, telling them how good their league and their players are.
    Perhaps the media fed the fans what they wanted to hear. I didn't expect England to be much at the start, but like France and Italy I had expected quite a bit more than what they showed...
  11. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 17:54
    Great pun!!!!!! Were the English on tranquilizers? I know the fans needs some!
    germany were even better when they had Kuntz playing for them instead of posting thoughts on here.

Hows that for a better pun!!!!
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 18:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't have many words that I can post here that will convey what I feel inside at the moment, except that is for massive profanity -- and this:

You have 15 minutes left to play and you are 3 goals down as the England manger; is there anybody, I'm mean anyone else in the whole world other than Capello who would pick Heskey as your sub?
    do you mean Emile "the goal machine" heskey.

did anybody notice that glen "netball" johnson looked like he'd never played football in his life, his body movement reminded me of the kids at school that hate football but are made to play, he didnt seem to know how to control the ball......or tackle..........or pass...............or mark.............or head.............or run..........but then again that could be said about the whole team.
  13. Cyberspace
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 18:191 edit
    Was just going through heskeys stats out of curiosity.
    His recent performances
    Club - appearances - goals
    Wigan - 82 - 15
    Aston Villa - 45 - 5
    England - 62 - 7

What was he even doing at the world cup? He even started two games. Unbelievable.

And he took out rio ferdinand who was sorely missed as englands defence was being torn to shreds.
  14. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 19:14
    Originally posted by orion25
    Perhaps the media fed the fans what they wanted to hear. I didn't expect England to be much at the start, but like France and Italy I had expected quite a bit more than what they showed...
    Looked to me like the English boys were trying a bit too hard. Germany was clearly the better the better team regardless. 😏
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 22:11
    Originally posted by ManualEngine
    germany were even better when they had Kuntz playing for them instead of posting thoughts on here.

Hows that for a better pun!!!!
    Don't drag body parts into it unless you feel the Englanders were closer to that than Germany. Only players body resembling that on the field were Rooney, Terry, Barry, Upson, Lampard and James. Although to be fair to James no one would have stopped those rockets. So what exactly was the English press saying? Two world wars and a world cup? Try pun with that one. Slightly more complicated than your crass alusion to female organs? Germany owes England no apologies!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree