1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 13:11
    The opening match of the 2009 World Twenty20 was between hosts England and minnows Netherlands. Had the ICC goofed up in the scheduling?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/582272.html

Have to say it's a good cricketing memory even if I am an England fan!
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 14:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    The opening match of the 2009 World Twenty20 was between hosts England and minnows Netherlands. Had the ICC goofed up in the scheduling?

Shhh.... don't remind the Limeys. Let them think they don't need to practice beforehand - it'll ruin the fun!

At least their captain will remember that match very well indeed. That poor boy Broad... I almost felt sorry for him. Almost. 😀

Richard
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 18:49
    Bangalore March 2011...
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 15:452 edits
    Originally posted by FMF

Sri Lanka will win this tournament, you heard it here first, watched them today against
    the Windies, their spinners are too much for any team to handle, Malinga and Mathews
    also, Windies were 16-2, Chris Gayle and Johnson I think it was, gone. Great to see
    India being wiped out by the Aussies! Pakistan Zindabad!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 15:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sri Lanka will win this tournament, you heard it here first, watched them today against
    the Windies, their spinners are too much for any team to handle, Malinga and Mathews
    also, Windies were 16-2, Chris Gayle and Johnson I think it was, gone. Great to see
    India being wiped out by the Aussies! Pakistan Zindabad!
    yes robbie you da man, great shout, England are gone!
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 10:45
    yes robbie you da man, great shout, England are gone!
    And Scotland?

Oh, yeah. They ended up behind the Dutch team. Again. Never even got out of the qualifier.

Crow all you want, when you look at your own country you'll have to eat crow.

Richard
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 20:58
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    And Scotland?

Oh, yeah. They ended up behind the Dutch team. Again. Never even got out of the qualifier.

Crow all you want, when you look at your own country you'll have to eat crow.

Richard
    we never play cricket here, there is no shame, so we are behind the Dutch, so what, its no big deal,
    I dont mind to be honest, there are so many teams that can beat England, its enough for me 😛
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 22:57
    we never play cricket here, there is no shame, so we are behind the Dutch, so what, its no big deal,
    I dont mind to be honest, there are so many teams that can beat England, its enough for me 😛
    Like Ireland 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree