1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 12:251 edit
    talking about football...

germany...? scotland..?

not for me, there's only one rival... argentina...

here's my short list:

1: argentina
    2: everyone else
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 12:42
    Agreed.

Argentina it is.

And the shame as well as the stain on England's face shall not be cleaned until England either:

(a) Wins a world cup, beating Argentina in the final by 8-0

or

(b) Invades Argentina, rapes all their women, and puts the presidential palace on fire.
  3. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 17:331 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Agreed.

Argentina it is.

And the shame as well as the stain on England's face shall [b]not
    be cleaned until England either:

(a) Wins a world cup, beating Argentina in the final by 8-0

or

(b) Invades Argentina, rapes all their women, and puts the presidential palace on fire.[/b]
    😵 well, i think 'b' could be said we're taking the rivalry a little too far... i think beating argentina in a world cup final 1-0... the goal scored by any england player with his hand would be pretty sweet...
  4. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 21:56
    couldnt we have someone a bit more realistic.....Wales?
  5. LA
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 04:34
    Originally posted by smartrrrrs
    couldnt we have someone a bit more realistic.....Wales?
    It has to be Argentina.

I mean its like, Manchester Uniteds biggest rivals are Liverpool, not Manchester City, Chelsea or AFC Leeds.

We pity Scotland and Wales (in football terms) like United pity City.
  6. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 07:45
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    It has to be Argentina.

I mean its like, Manchester Uniteds biggest rivals are Liverpool, not Manchester City, Chelsea or AFC Leeds.

We pity Scotland and Wales (in football terms) like United pity City.
    Man Utd are highly successful and can afford pity.unfortunately we cant say the same about our national side
  7. LA
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 08:10
    Originally posted by smartrrrrs
    Man Utd are highly successful and can afford pity.unfortunately we cant say the same about our national side
    Good point.
    England can't really justify claiming they are anything better than last 16 material in the World Cup or even the European championships.

The press build up our expectations, our players on paper should be capable of being in with a shout at winning if they play well.

Problem is for the 30 years we never have, except maybe in 1996, Gascoigne gave us hope and we almost reached a final.

Still Argentina are our rivals, the only presance Scotland have in the world cup or European championships is a Scottish referee😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree